By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Same Old Nintendo - KindaFunnyGames

what I don't like about colin is that he's not too informative, he says stuff even if he's wrong. I saw the video and I see a big rant, "same old Colin" that's what I saw. He's video, just like a lot of people, screams "this console is doomed because of one presentation" same old "the playstation vita is set to succeed" colin. Same old colin, ironic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
This is Colin Moriarty of Kinda Funny Games. He grew up as big of a Nintendo fanboy as they come. He openly admits he would drink Miyamoto's bath water at one point of his life. But Colin grew up, and Nintendo didn't. He was hoping Nintendo would make a console that he would want for the first time in 15 years. The rumors surrounding the console had him more hyped than he had been since the Gamecube was launched. He hoped Nintendo was finally going to make a console that would push him back into being a happy Nintendo console owner, but worried that Nintendo was Nintendo, and would fuck it all up.

Unfortunately Colin was right.

Isn't it funny that the people who bash the system the most seem to have that exact same story down to a T.

As soon as I hear someone say that story, I immediately ignore them. They don't love Nintendo. They love other games. Nintendo games have improved each time a new one comes out. Has Zelda, or Mario taken a hit in quality at all? Name other big IP's of theirs and ask the same thing. No they have not. Those "sob" stories about Nintendo not growing up with them is bullshit. They just don't like those games anymore.

So what is so wrong with the Switch reveal that we didn't expect. Ignoring any hardware stuff. Before this conference we KNEW it was going to be a handheld/home console. Nothing changed. In conference we got a new Mario that looks amazing, no one can deny that. We have a Zelda being released that looks amaizng, again no one can deny. We have a sequal to one of the highest acclaimed RPG's. It is getting a ultimate edition of the best Mario Kart game to date. It is gettting a sequal to a highly praised new IP(Splatoon).

Basically, it comes down to it's missing 3rd parties. Which, is NOT NINTENDO. Nintendo is Nintendo games. That is it.

Colin always comes off as self-important. When he does a podcast with Greg and Tim, more often than not, he looks like a pretentious dick who listens to what the others are saying with an air of "I know better than them" in his face. It's annoying.

I'm not saying he doesn't make good points at times. Just that the guy likes his own crap way more than he should.

That, and his delivery is fake as hell. 

irstupid said:
potato_hamster said:
This is Colin Moriarty of Kinda Funny Games. He grew up as big of a Nintendo fanboy as they come. He openly admits he would drink Miyamoto's bath water at one point of his life. But Colin grew up, and Nintendo didn't. He was hoping Nintendo would make a console that he would want for the first time in 15 years. The rumors surrounding the console had him more hyped than he had been since the Gamecube was launched. He hoped Nintendo was finally going to make a console that would push him back into being a happy Nintendo console owner, but worried that Nintendo was Nintendo, and would fuck it all up.

Isn't it funny that the people who bash the system the most seem to have that exact same story down to a T.

As soon as I hear someone say that story, I immediately ignore them. They don't love Nintendo. They love other games. Nintendo games have improved each time a new one comes out. Has Zelda, or Mario taken a hit in quality at all? Name other big IP's of theirs and ask the same thing. No they have not. Those "sob" stories about Nintendo not growing up with them is bullshit. They just don't like those games anymore.

So what is so wrong with the Switch reveal that we didn't expect. Ignoring any hardware stuff. Before this conference we KNEW it was going to be a handheld/home console. Nothing changed. In conference we got a new Mario that looks amazing, no one can deny that. We have a Zelda being released that looks amaizng, again no one can deny. We have a sequal to one of the highest acclaimed RPG's. It is getting a ultimate edition of the best Mario Kart game to date. It is gettting a sequal to a highly praised new IP(Splatoon).

Basically, it comes down to it's missing 3rd parties. Which, is NOT NINTENDO. Nintendo is Nintendo games. That is it.

Ohh okay. Keep telling people like him that will play the fuck out of Zelda and Mario when he gets the chance that he doesn't actually like those games. Is one of his complains about the quality of Nintendo games? No? Then how is this relevant? His problem isn't Nintendo's first party games, it the system (and the ecosystem surrounding it) that he has a problem with. Why dont you get that?

And by the way, the NES, SNES and N64 I grew up with were loaded with top quality third party titles. In fact I grew never playing iconic Nintendo titles like Zelda and Metroid. Most of the games I owned for those platforms weren't published by Nintendo.

irstupid said:
potato_hamster said:

I couldnt imagine the NES and SNES without the shit ton of amazing third party games. The GC had a decent amount and the Wii got some really good ones. For many of us Nintendo alone cant support their console enough for it to be more than a console you play a few times a year. Im really excited for Zelda and the next one Im really excited for is Mario. If you absolutely love pretty much every game Nintendo makes, then you are going to be much more excited for their consoles. Maybe us older gamers dont matter much, but we are not quitting gaming. We just have to find it elsewhere.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
what I don't like about colin is that he's not too informative, he says stuff even if he's wrong. I saw the video and I see a big rant, "same old Colin" that's what I saw. He's video, just like a lot of people, screams "this console is doomed because of one presentation" same old "the playstation vita is set to succeed" colin. Same old colin, ironic.

By your same logic should people be posting pictures of your ass every time you speak confidently about a Nintendo product?

Hynad said:

Colin always comes off as self-important. When he does a podcast with Greg and Tim, more often than not, he looks like a pretentious dick who listens to what the others are saying with an air of "I know better than them" in his face. It's annoying.

I'm not saying he doesn't have good points at times. Just that the guy likes his own crap way more than he should.

that's why he's never going to be  Peer Schneider.

Switch is making obvious the epic amount of simpletons that form gaming comunity

SegataSanshiro said:

This is the guy that still swears Vita will outsell 3DS right?

Why should I watch a video of a guy who wrote this gem

Polygon levels of wrong.

Lmao! This guy is always trying to look like some kind of intellectual when is the biggest simpleton you can find out there "It has huge power=success, It has low power= failure" what a freaking genious, the best part is the "Nintendo is the least of Sony's concerns these days" acting like Vita not only gonna sell well, not only more than 3ds but WAY more than 3ds, lmao again.

Is funny how now that Switch is gonna be everything that Vita wasn't and more, NOW he feels pesimistic about it. Truly genious.

Moderated for this and other posts today.

You shouldn't just try and remove his credibility when you cant come up with an argument for why he is wrong.

potato_hamster said:
onionberry said:

By your same logic should people be posting pictures of your ass every time you speak confidently about a Nintendo product?

The thing is that I'm not an experienced gaming journalist with more than a decade of experience who used to work at the biggest gaming editorial. So when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad... and that's why now he's a youtuber and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers. I like Greg tho.