By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Same Old Nintendo - KindaFunnyGames

cosmic_drift said:
KLXVER said:

I think they already might be past it tbh. We should just hope we get as many great games as possible.

They already have passed it, for better or for worse.

The Switch pretty much represents Nintendo's final step away from the "traditional" console model.  Any hope that people had of Nintendo taking the Sony/Microsoft route (lots of power, multitude of third-party exclusives, etc.) have pretty much been dashed here.  That's why people are so frustrated with it; Nintendo is once again going against the grain, much to everyone's chagrin.  Also lets not act like gamers' changing tastes don't have something to do with it.  Some people simply outgrow Mario and Zelda and often feel "abandoned" because Nintendo didn't take a more "mature" route, and then act as if it's Nintendo fault.

I'm excited for the prospects of the Switch, and it will be a must-buy for me this holiday season.  But yeah, Nintendo has crossed the Rubicon here.  Anyone who expects Nintendo to follow the footsteps of their competitors should abandon all hope here.  Nintendo is forging their own path, and I'll be there to support them when they bring the goods.

Its not about the power for me. There has barely been any games for the WiiU in the past 18 months, so I expected Nintendo to come out swinging this time around. They just didnt. They could really only get 5 games for the launch and a port of Mario Kart 8 two months later? It just seems like they have given up a bit. Ill be getting the Switch, but Im just not as excited as I have been for previous Nintendo systems.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
Hynad said:

That's not what you said.

You said: "when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad...and that's why now he's a youtuber and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers."

"when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad...(talking about the article of the vita) and that's why now he's a youtuber (yes, he's ayoutuber cause as a journalist he can't make these kind of rants, and that's what he wants) and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers." (well, it's  joke, their podcast is not entertaining, and their information is not that accurate, they even have a Nintendo guy that looks out of place and sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about) 

Tim is a fanboy with barely anything relevant to say. Probably because he's much younger than the other and intimidated by their experience... lol Colin thinks too highly of himself, is self-important, and a PS fanboy trying to believe he is objective.

Only Greg is fun and interesting. And I wish he'd make a show similar to his "up at noon" one from IGN. He could go solo if he wanted. But he sticks with weak links because they're his friends. But they're holding him back. 

In any case, your wording didn't make it clear that that's what you were going for.

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

Ohh right, because before the Vita was released, it was easy to gauge how difficult it was to port games to the Vita, and know how little Sony was actually going to support that platform. He was supposed to know how a lot of Sony's plans for the platform were going to fall through. Of course. What an idiot. The article is about the Vita's potential, and it had a lot before it was release. The potential was just wasted. What an asshole.

The article was posted in October 2011. At that point in time it was already known that the Vita wouldn't get Monster Hunter. Launch lineup was known. Price was known. The competition (Nintendo) was known.

At that point anyone who wasn't a complete Sony fanboy could tell that the Vita would not outsell the 3DS.

It's ridiculous that you even try to defend him as someone who is credible. Your first post started by saying that he is a Nintendo fan when the evidence we have points towards a PS fanboy. He's not just biased, he's incredibly biased. Hence why his Vita prediction was so off.

Has games journalism ever been that unbiased? He worked for IGN's Playstation division. The playstation-centric spin should be obvious. The same goes when you read from their Xbox or Nintendo divisions. They all have their own teams, they all write console centric articles. It's what IGN is known for, where fanboys go to be appeased in their echochambers.

But furthermore, should I go out then and find all those articles from Joystiq or Polygon from all of those other credible journalists that raved about how great the Wii U was going to do, and just ignore everything they say until the end of time? The fact remains that you're shredding him over one article he posted about the potential of the vita before it was released as if that means anything. Great. He bought into the Vita hype and got it very wrong once. It doesn't mean he's wrong about everything forever.

Sprash said:
BeatdownBrigade said:
So far I've seen multiple pages of people who can only attack the messenger, but not the message. I believe that is the point he is trying to drive home. I don't think he cares what you think about him personally, its the point that even Nintendo's biggest fans have a hard time actually defending many of the points he, and many others, have levied against them.

I remember the time with all those threads about the switch how awesome its going to be, how it will get every 3 party game ect. and now after the reveal there are gone, I start to miss them.

And then we can also read the Wii U release threads, when "there was no way the Wii U would sell less than 50 or even 70M".

Majority of this forum is even less credible than Colin, but hey, it's so much easier to make fun of him. But it would surely be a lot funnier to read what the people posting here thought back then. 

^That remainds me Audrey started with IGN and now she is working directly with Nintendo. That's awesome.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Hes right on alot of points.

potato_hamster said:

Has games journalism ever been that unbiased? He worked for IGN's Playstation division. The playstation-centric spin should be obvious. The same goes when you read from their Xbox or Nintendo divisions. They all have their own teams, they all write console centric articles. It's what IGN is known for, where fanboys go to be appeased in their echochambers.

But furthermore, should I go out then and find all those articles from Joystiq or Polygon from all of those other credible journalists that raved about how great the Wii U was going to do, and just ignore everything they say until the end of time? The fact remains that you're shredding him over one article he posted about the potential of the vita before it was released as if that means anything. Great. He bought into the Vita hype and got it very wrong once. It doesn't mean he's wrong about everything forever.

Virtually all gaming journalism being bad doesn't work as an excuse for a lack of credibility. It just means that gaming journalism on the whole is really bad.

As for Colin specifically, as long as he exhibits the traits that led him to write the disastrous Vita prediction, he will continue to be wrong. The broken clock saying is basically the only real defense that can be made for him, and that's not a favorable defense either.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

is anyone going to actually address the points he makes or is attacking him for other things/predictions the only retort you have?

he comes across as someone i'd like to punch in the face, personally, but i cant say i disagree with much of what he said, so id rather see others actually address those points and say why hes wrong rather than "oh he said x about vita and y about 3ds and that was wrong so hes wrong now too", that isn't an argument, that's a copout.

potato_hamster said:
RolStoppable said:

The article was posted in October 2011. At that point in time it was already known that the Vita wouldn't get Monster Hunter. Launch lineup was known. Price was known. The competition (Nintendo) was known.

At that point anyone who wasn't a complete Sony fanboy could tell that the Vita would not outsell the 3DS.

It's ridiculous that you even try to defend him as someone who is credible. Your first post started by saying that he is a Nintendo fan when the evidence we have points towards a PS fanboy. He's not just biased, he's incredibly biased. Hence why his Vita prediction was so off.

the problem is not what he thinks about the vita, the problem is that he needs to downplay one system to say that the vita was going to be better on everything.  For him, the vita was going to be better than the 3ds because the vita was more powerful and had more games, and 3ds had the same franchises over and over and Nintendo was not doing anything new for the system while uncharted on a portable device was the biggest thing ever. He does the same thing when he speaks about microsoft, so clearly you can see that his personal taste interferes with his journalist skills.

I don't see Jose Otero talking crap about sony to praise Nintendo. And he's not the only one, the industry is full of biased dudes for every console. My problem with that is that as a journalist you're trying to control the thoughts of others when you're in a position that you should try to be subjective. NOW, as a youtuber he can be free and have a playstation channel and that's ok,  when you see his channel now you know that he's giving you his point of view based on his tastes.

NATO said:
is anyone going to actually address the points he makes or is attacking him for other things/predictions the only retort you have?

We already knew about the bad Nintendo moves before his video: bad price, dull launch (aside of Zelda), paid online, etc.

Nothing that he says is new. We've been disscussing this since a week ago. That does not change the fact that his opinion is worthless.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile