By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Same Old Nintendo - KindaFunnyGames

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

By your same logic should people be posting pictures of your ass every time you speak confidently about a Nintendo product?

I doubt that would be as embarrassing as it is to be Colin.

Ohh right, because before the Vita was released, it was easy to gauge how difficult it was to port games to the Vita, and know how little Sony was actually going to support that platform. He was supposed to know how a lot of Sony's plans for the platform were going to fall through. Of course. What an idiot. The article is about the Vita's potential, and it had a lot before it was release. The potential was just wasted. What an asshole.

Around the Network

His video was good on paper but badly executed. No, not bad, terrible. Overreaction the vid.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

SegataSanshiro said:

This is the guy that still swears Vita will outsell 3DS right?

Why should I watch a video of a guy who wrote this gem

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed

Polygon levels of wrong.

onionberry said:
what I don't like about colin is that he's not too informative, he says stuff even if he's wrong. I saw the video and I see a big rant, "same old Colin" that's what I saw. He's video, just like a lot of people, screams "this console is doomed because of one presentation" same old "the playstation vita is set to succeed" colin. Same old colin, ironic.

Ay lmao!

That guy is a comedian!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

onionberry said:
potato_hamster said:

By your same logic should people be posting pictures of your ass every time you speak confidently about a Nintendo product?

The thing is that I'm not an experienced gaming journalist with more than a decade of experience who used to work at the biggest gaming editorial. So when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad... and that's why now he's a youtuber and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers. I like Greg tho.

No. That's not the reaosn why he's a youtuber. He's a Youtuber because him and Greg are good friends and they wanted to do their own thing together.

I don't like Colin, but if you're going to talk shit about him, at least be factual.

KLXVER said:

You shouldn't just try and remove his credibility when you cant come up with an argument for why he is wrong.

It's so much easier to say "he wasn't loved by his parents" (seriously?) than to write a sentence with at least a bit of an argument.. 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But your feelings seem to be everyone else's feelings. We need to get Nintendo away from this current path or they'll be past the point of no return.

I think they already might be past it tbh. We should just hope we get as many great games as possible.

They already have passed it, for better or for worse.

The Switch pretty much represents Nintendo's final step away from the "traditional" console model.  Any hope that people had of Nintendo taking the Sony/Microsoft route (lots of power, multitude of third-party exclusives, etc.) have pretty much been dashed here.  That's why people are so frustrated with it; Nintendo is once again going against the grain, much to everyone's chagrin.  Also lets not act like gamers' changing tastes don't have something to do with it.  Some people simply outgrow Mario and Zelda and often feel "abandoned" because Nintendo didn't take a more "mature" route, and then act as if it's Nintendo fault.

I'm excited for the prospects of the Switch, and it will be a must-buy for me this holiday season.  But yeah, Nintendo has crossed the Rubicon here.  Anyone who expects Nintendo to follow the footsteps of their competitors should abandon all hope here.  Nintendo is forging their own path, and I'll be there to support them when they bring the goods.

onionberry said:
potato_hamster said:

The thing is that I'm not an experienced gaming journalist with more than a decade of experience who used to work at the biggest gaming editorial. So when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad... and that's why now he's a youtuber and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers. I like Greg tho.

He's a youtuber because Colin and Greg left their jobs at IGN to make the Kinda Funny channel, and they're actually more successful as a result.

SegataSanshiro said:

Why should I watch a video of a guy who wrote this gem

Polygon levels of wrong.

"The Nintendo 3DS is certainly not going to take the Vita out with N64 ports and tired, worn series."

Hehe, what a genius...

I respect Colin Moriarty, but this is clearly a different Nintendo. It may not be different in all of the ways that he and I want, but they are unquestionably doing things much differently than they have for the last decade, and they are unquestionably in a much, much, much better position with the Switch than they were with the Wii U.

Hynad said:
onionberry said:

No. That's not the reaosn why he's a youtuber. He's a Youtuber because him and Greg are good friends and they wanted to do their own thing together.

I don't like Colin, but if you're going to talk shit about him, at least be factual.

No, I'm being very factual. He's a youtuber cause he said that he wanted to be free to talk about subjects and about how he feels, also he didn't want to wait for approval when he had an article or an opinion piece. Now he's a youtuber because that's what he wants, he doesn't want to be a journalist, he wants to share his pov, and that comes with all the rants and biased shit.