By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone plan to leave the house with their Switch?

For long trips, or work trips, yes I would. But to go play outside? Nope.

Around the Network

I go to work by train, so yeah I'll play it there. And whenever I'm on vacation in a hotel or something. Or at a friend's, who knows. I'll probably play on my TV the most, but the portable aspect of it won't be useless.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Yes. My job is to literally wait for terrorists to attack, not fall asleep, and stay healthy. That's it.

I've spent entire days on portable consoles, reading comics, and watching movies. Now it's time for a Switch.

Sure, but not a lot.

I'm mostly interested in Switch because Nintendo is basically putting all their effort in a single platform.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

d21lewis said:
Yes. My job is to literally wait for terrorists to attack, not fall asleep, and stay healthy. That's it.

I've spent entire days on portable consoles, reading comics, and watching movies. Now it's time for a Switch.

And now the terrorists know. They'll wait for the next big Nintendo release and attack!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
d21lewis said:

And now the terrorists know. They'll wait for the next big Nintendo release and attack

No. What have I done!?!

I plan to use my Switch almost exclusively on the go. Smash Brothers and Mario Kart will be my main games. Only game I am planning to play at home is Super Mario Odyssey. The only other game I would play at home would be a new Donkey Kong in the vein of the 64 game.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Not when I'm on the go because I never bring a handheld with me on trains etc. But I'll take it with me when I visit friends, we'll play multiplayer on our balcony and on airplane flights.

Considering I play handhelds/mobile approximately 360 days of the year, and home consoles about once every month or so, or approximately 12 days a year, I would estimate I'm going to be playing Switch portable about 96.6% of the time.

Most of my gameplay gets done during work break hours or while traveling, and I travel a lot on business.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Yes, I will take it with me on my business trips and play in Hotel, plane and train.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3