By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Nintendo switch is too expensive"

onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

Theres been several threads defending it. Some think its expensive and some think its great. Youre not going to change anyones mind.

And I don't want to change your mind, it's a thread with an opinion. If you have a problem with that you should stop visiting forums, because this is a forum.

"a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged." Forum.

You made this thread because you have a problem with some people's opinion. So... shouldn't you follow your own advice and stop visiting forums?

Around the Network

some people on this website are dumb as hell, I'm talking about why the switch costs money even if is not what they value and they repeat exactly the same shit "the switch is not valuable because this or this so yeah it's expensive" lol time wasted.

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

Hynad said:
onionberry said:

And I don't want to change your mind, it's a thread with an opinion. If you have a problem with that you should stop visiting forums, because this is a forum.

"a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged." Forum.

You made this thread because you have a problem with some people's opinion. So... shouldn't you follow your own advice and stop visiting this forum?

no, because I'm debating, I'm not saying you should stop posting, see the difference?

i wish we could have less people bitching about Switch along with less people bitching about people bitching about Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The Pro Controller is basically required for any kind of NES/SNES/GB/GBA/DS virtual console ... it's the only Switch control option that has a d-pad. That also kinda sucks.

The system has some good things going  for it, but also some bad things going against it. It'll do OK on the market I think, but not a runaway success like the DS or Wii. They will start to pick up sales I think once they release a revised model that's a bit smaller/thinner and/or has better battery due to a die shrink and when they can get the price down into $250 w/a game or even more ideally $199.99. 

But that's probably not happening before mid-2018. 

Around the Network
onionberry said:
Hynad said:

You made this thread because you have a problem with some people's opinion. So... shouldn't you follow your own advice and stop visiting this forum?

no, because I'm debating, I'm not saying you should stop posting, see the difference?

That's not what you said to him. But whatever. I wrote that more to poke fun than anything.

On topic: I'm fine with the console's price point. It's the accessories that I think are way too expensive. It's still a day one purchase for me... If I can get my hands on one whenever they allocate more units.

Soundwave said:
The Pro Controller is basically required for any kind of NES/SNES/GB/GBA/DS virtual console ... it's the only Switch control option that has a d-pad. That also kinda sucks.

and expensive as fuck and I agree with that.

Alkibiádēs said:
$300 is actually not a lot if you consider the fact that the 3DS has been selling rather well at $200. For that extra $100 you get a console that can play Mario Kart 8 on the go versus something that can play games between the level of N64 and GC.

The right example was Breath of the Wild on the go. =P

Bandorr said:
MDMAlliance said:

I don't entirely agree with that idea you're presenting.  Portability is a factor in price, if it weren't then laptops wouldn't be able to charge more for less power.  It's more of the perceived value of that portability.  Just because some people perceive values just based on power doesn't mean they are right in any way.

While I agree that other things about the Switch can make the $300 price tag seem even steeper, the point of this thread is that the hardware itself (separate from prices of other things) isn't too expensive.  

Portability is a great feature. It can't compete with power though. Not in this case. If the console is not powerful enough to get certain games - portability will not fix that.

Portability will make some games better (like say Disgaea 5) but it won't add more games. Thus you can't use portability as a feature to off set power. They are two different features. Neither can offset the other.

I think that the Switch's price tag will adjust to be lower faster than the Wii U, so maybe that's why I don't see this as much of an issue as you do.  

I'm also sure you know that there's a price to making something portable and not just what does it add to a game.  It's cheaper to make something more powerful if you can make it bigger and less portable.

Based solely off hardware/software potential-to-price ratio, $299usd is just ducky. I may have posted once or twice about other concerns in the last few days. Maybe 12 times this afternoon. But sure, within the confines of your post, that's quite reasonable. Switch has some great things going for it. I'm just glad I don't need a VGC app and a smartphone running in tandem with my PC in order to read this post. Can you imagine such a scenario?.....I've been such a VGCunt today.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."