By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Switch android clone?

Just thinking how the Switch concept is good but much of the other elements of Nintendo Switch are poor or excessively priced so would you go for something like this;

£150 ($180)

5.5" 1080p phone that clips into a handheld portable frame that includes 2 controllers and an extended battery pack

Android operating system with customisations

Adreno  510 based chipset providing superior cpu power and gpu performance of 180 gflops 

TV output and power connections with slide in dock (2 docks provided). Dock runs chipset at full performance possibly 20% over portable performance

Full range of android software plus 100s of emulators plus support for google daydream VR, cardboard and Niburu. 

No online fee except mobile charges if used

Also includes VR headset which tablet slides into

Twin joypad frame with battery pack can also be used as a standalone controller when the phone is in the dock and used with tv output with battery life lasting weeks

Battery runtime when portable with frame maybe 10hrs plus. Phone battery capacity 2000mAh, frame battery capacity 4000mAh so  6000mAh in total

Made by one  of the high quality budget chinese phone brands like Doogee.

Around the Network

No. The Nintendo games is whats selling me on it. I would buy it from Sony or MS though.

the good thing about the switch is the physical collection and nintendo games and console environment, I would not buy the switch or a android clone but If I would have to choose it would be the switch any day.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Reminds me of Ouya... so.. No.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Im currently not playing any android games since I stopped playing Pokemon go!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Would it cost less than Switch?

No its the garbage mobile games that is the reason why people buy dedicated gaming handhelds in the first place.

Only if it had 100% 3rd party support for all PS4/XBO titles. Without access to either MGS, SIEWWS, or Nintendo games, it would have to have all 3rd parties on board.

I would be much more willing to buy a PS Phone, an Xbox Phone, or a Switch Phone. Having never owned an iPad or Tablet, I am 100% sold on getting a Switch. I still have zero interest in a android or iOS device.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

no, but it would be great if the switch would run android. it's basically an android tablet. it could use that nvidia shield optimization, it's exclusive games, tons of android games with and without gamepad support, it could even run drastic (ds emulator).

No, because nobody would make games for it. It'd be like a Vita but without japanese third party support.