By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Switch android clone?

The issue is software support. Android has a ridiculous amount of software, but getting any good games to support non-touch controls is a huge issue.

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
Peh said:

What you just described is the concept of the OUYA. It failed so hard that no one else will try it. Those 1000 games are not meant to be played on a tv. Those are cheap puzzle games which entertain you for 10 minutes max.

Absolutely nothing like Ouya why would you even make that comparison. Ouya was a closed sytem with few games. Many android games are designed around being played on a big screen. An absolutely huge number of android boxes were sold last year which have no other display than tv and you have a wide selection of fps, racing and other games. You need to look again at the android library. Many of the indie games you see on nintendo's eshop are actually on android too. Puzzle games are more aimed at touch screens generally. Arcade action games tend to be be best played with joypads.

To my knowledge, OUYA is running on android and is an open system. You could play all the games released on android.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouya

"It runs a modified version of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and is open to rooting without voiding the warranty.[8] The console's hardware design allows it to be easily opened up, requiring only a standard screwdriver for easy modding and possible hardware addons.["

Games on Android have no depth and no identity. They are mostly ripoffs of one another and I am really sick of them. I won't get a Mario 64, or BOTW or any AAA titles on a mobile device such as tablets or smartphones.

I am willing to spend 60 € on a fully developed game, then these cheap microtransaction bullshit games.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

It's Nintendo themselves that make Switch worth it, so no

I'd buy a Windows Switch clone

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Peh said:

I won't get a Mario 64

uhm:

In terms of AAA i kinda agree. there are many "real" games on android/IOs (often made my Gameloft) but they cant compete to top end aaa console games.

Thats why I think a x86 based tablet using a intel ULC CPU and Intel Iris 650 Graphics (which are already way stronger then the Tegra x1, have similar energy consumption and can even play most 8th gen pc games).

Here is a benchmark of graphics performance (GFX Trex 1080p Benchmark):

Intel Iris 650 integrated graphics: 205 FPS

Nvidia Shield Console / Tegra X1 full clock speed: 120 FPS

AMD Radeon 7770 (XBox one equivalent): 280 FPS

So with an Intel iris 650 tablet you should be able to play all 8th gen PC games in 720p at medium-high. Looks like a great concept.

Here is already a similar tablet some years ago:

With a 720p screen, not dedicated GPU (iris pro 650 is fine) it should be able to sell at an reasonable price.

Here is how the older iris 6200 handle games:

Around the Network

if nintendo start developing games for them(and second/third party exclusives like games that are going to switch), for sure i would.

No, because the play on tv functionality would be wasted on an an Android device. I am, however, planning on picking up GPD XD sometime this year for portable emulation.

Nope, already got my phone lol

No. The whole point of the Switch is how seamlessly it works. $100 more than what you listed for the Android phone is not much these days. Wii/GC emulation for ARM is not anywhere nearly advance as it is for X86, and I would hate to play the games on a five inch phone anyway. I am content with my LG G3 until I upgrade it next year.

What I would like is for homebrewers to crack the switch and port Android to it, that would be cool.

No, I don't play mobile much anyways and $180 or about $250 here for a console I won't play much isn't worth it

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]