By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Won't Have Miiverse Or StreetPass-Will you miss miiverse?

Not really, I barely used Miiverse and mainly used it to get screenshots. With that new button, it is much easier and convenient

I did use Streetpass quite a bit before, but I've slowed and barely use the function now. The Switch is a bit big so it's not as portable as the 3DS with the nice clamshell so I won't really miss Streetpass either

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Nope as long as they include party voice chat from the console itself.

So we're gonna remove online services, then make people pay for it, makes sense! Man I really liked Miiverse, will definitely be missed, and Streetpass, while kinda cool, was never a big deal for me so no major loss there. 

KLAMarine said:
sethnintendo said:

Might as well add the Wii U Pro Controller compatibility also considering I'm not liking that 70 dollar tag on the new one.

Word but I think the joy cons are going to be pretty good to play with!

From what I've been hearing, not for every game, as the split D-pad is meh for movement, and the non-offset sticks makes switching between face buttons and sticks in the more complex games uncomfortable. You're likely gonna want a Pro Controller for stuff like Sonic Mania and Splatoon 2.

Miiverse has given me many laughs, I will definitely miss it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Only time I liked Miiverse art was the Jet Set Radio mash up of Splatoon Squid girls.

Around the Network

Hopefully that App that lets you talk to your friends have some sort of social media built into it / Miiverse.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I'm sad... Streetpass was such a cool feature, especially when I was living in Japan. Got so many passes. And miiverse was cool as well, reading all the dumb comments as well as seeing the cool art. I will miss those...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm still a little stunned about not including streetpass especially when they are trying to tout the portability of the system. Sure it wouldn't be a game changer but why take out a neat feature from the 3DS that some people actually enjoyed using. The best use I saw was in Animal Crossing which you would get to see the other person house and order items (unless rare) at a little higher cost.