By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Won't Have Miiverse Or StreetPass-Will you miss miiverse?

sethnintendo said:
KLAMarine said:

Oh, yeah that was neat stuff!

I seriously hope the gamepad is made backwards compatible with the Switch. I like my gamepad.

Might as well add the Wii U Pro Controller compatibility also considering I'm not liking that 70 dollar tag on the new one.

Word but I think the joy cons are going to be pretty good to play with!

Around the Network

I didn't use Miiverse than often, but I would have liked an improved version rather than a complete removal.

SonytendoAmiibo said:
Miiverse was awesome and also the worst thing Nintendo could have done. Think about it. No new potential customers were being exposed to Nintendo content. Miiverse was a totally isolated social app that only Nintendo hardware owners used. The correct thing for Nintendo to do is allow people to use their current social networks so new people will be able to see other people enjoying Nintendo content. What Nintendo is doing is to have Switch owners use word of mouth free advertising on established social sites that many potential customers use.

Actually anyone with Internet access can access Miiverse. They have a website you just have to set a my.nintendo account.

Never cared for them so I won't miss them.

Miiverse was a trainwreck. A glorious, glorious trainwreck. Humanity wasn't, and still isn't, prepared for Miiverse at its fullest. Nintendo knows this, and this is why it's shuting the service down.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I think I laughed with Miiverse more than with anything in my life XD. I'll surely miss it.

Miiverse was great in the beginning. People posting pics and such, but it got convoluted really fast. So much nonsense being posted and you couldn't keep track of certain posts.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

NoirSon said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
Miiverse was awesome and also the worst thing Nintendo could have done. Think about it. No new potential customers were being exposed to Nintendo content. Miiverse was a totally isolated social app that only Nintendo hardware owners used. The correct thing for Nintendo to do is allow people to use their current social networks so new people will be able to see other people enjoying Nintendo content. What Nintendo is doing is to have Switch owners use word of mouth free advertising on established social sites that many potential customers use.

Actually anyone with Internet access can access Miiverse. They have a website you just have to set a my.nintendo account.

My bad. Your right. Miiverse was accessible from the web. But unless people were deliberately looking for it they wouldn't be exposed to Nintendo content. There is a much better chance of someone finding out about the Switch from Facebook than there is from Miiverse. Feel free to correct my ramblings anytime. I actually appreciate it.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I'm not understanding the whole outside of the game system online communication thing.  Perhaps when they actually explain how the system and it's ui and online functionality works, at say, some high profile console presentation?  ...oh, wait.

I enjoyed what mii verse had to offer.  I liked it's ecosystem and community.  just needed some improved functionality imo.  the artwork people made using the gamepad was amazing.

I'll miss both. I am a little shocked and disappointed they didn't announce what is replacing it. I was fully expecting Miiverse 2.0.

Nintendo has been fairly shit since Iwata got sick. They need to realize that people want lots of games to choose from, 18 games in development is laughable in that insane sort of way. It's not NEARLY enough! We needed 180 in development, minimum, for year 1 release. We needed lots of big games to look forward to, and multiple killer apps, we have no killer app except Zelda, which doesn't count because it's multi platform.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.