By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - prediction nintendo switch will outsell both ps4 and xbox scorpio this holiday season

Just to put this perspective for you who agree with this nonsense, or at least think there is a chance of it happening, the DS took 1 1/2 years to ship 16.7M units. And that thing launched at $149. It's beyond delusional to think a console that launches at twice that price can do that and more in only 10 months.

Around the Network

I honestly think some of you guys are being way to optimistic for the Switch. The majority of "gamers" I talk to do not even know what it is. Switch will sell better than the Wii U but it will not outsell the N64.

The absolutely atrocious presentation (worst presentation I can think of to be honest) and the fact it cost more than a PS4/Xbox One bundle have doomed it. With that said I think it is a pretty cool piece of kit but 3rd parties are not going to get on board.

Probably

I hope it does to tell you the truth. It would be fun to see someone else other than those 2 win a holiday. However, on a realistic side, if specific things don't fall in line....they won't win the holidays at all.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

A little prediction won't hurt. I wish Nintendo the best I hope they sell millions.
Your prediction will be tough tho. The best software year for Sony on paper this whole gen. I think Scrpio will take the holiday with PS4 taking the year.

Around the Network

I think PS4 will rape the shit out of it. Also Xbox should outsell it as well.
Now if you're only talking about Scorpio, then yes, Switch should beat it easily. Scorpio releases far too late for that and is obviously a premium product.

No way

Really funny prediction without any basis. PS4 will outsell both Xbox One / Scorpio and Switch. Funny how people forget Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming this fall.

Switch will struggle in NA
Almost DOA in EU
Have modest success in JP
And almost DOA in RoW

3DS couldn't even sell over 100k per week globally when it was $250.

*Even though Switch is more powerful it's $50 more than a struggling 3DS launch
*Switch won't have the launch line-up to carry it (at least so far)
*Switch almost requires an additional $40 - $80 MicroSD (128GB / 200GB)
*Switch games are $60 for Switch vs $30 - $40for 3DS
*Switch accessories are insanely overpriced
*There's no online subscription fee for 3DS

I see the Switch selling on par with N64 if they don't have an early price drop just like the 3DS. If they wise up and have a price drop ASAP, then they can get back on track to being on par with 3DS, because this bad reveal is going to leave a bad taste in gamers mouths regardless.

Depends on what games it gets. If it gets a Pokémon game, it can sell a lot.
But for the whole year, I doubt it well sell as much as PS4.