By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - prediction nintendo switch will outsell both ps4 and xbox scorpio this holiday season

You and that "Xbox will outsell the Switch" guy should have a talk.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Its Not going to happen

Good prediction but I don't agree with it. I think the Switch might actually sell less than both the PS4 and XB1 this year. But we will see what happens!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I could see it outselling Xbox One this year, probably not PS4 though.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

princevenom said:

and also switch will be the best selling console worldwide this year 2017 

they will bundle zelda and mario and splatoon 2 

this bundle will help nintendo to beat sony and ms imo 

sooo who agree with my prediction 

I believe Sony might do 18.5m PS4's this year.

I have a really hard time seeing Nintendo sell that many Switch's the first year.

Sony will have a 199$ PS4 slim bundle with maybe 1-2 games for the holidays.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Yeah, best selling console worldwide with 97% of the sales in Japan...

2chan a japanese forum, about the switch:

No

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I see it outselling scorpio but ps4 as a whole? doubt it. Not at that price.

So, a $299 ($359 with game) hybrid is going to beat a console that'll see a drop to $199 during the holidays? And has a Pro that will drop to the price of Switch plus game, but may actually drop to its base price? Nah. Unless Nintendo pulls a 3DS and drops the price by $80, that just isn't happening.

As for the year, that definitely isn't happening. This year could very likely be the PS4's peak year, which could lead to 18M+ sold. Even if it isn't, ~17M is almost guaranteed. So, you basically think that not only can the Switch beat that, but also the DS's first year on the market (~14M)? Not. Going. To. Happen.

It will, in Japan in the EU the PS4 will be the best selling console and in the US it will also be the PS4 over the year but after the release of the Scorpio the XBOX will take the last few months of the year.

The switch will be the best selling console in Japan every year from now on I think.

Anyway, theres no way the switch will outsell the PS4 at its current price point and even with a small drop it will most likely be the same price as a ps4 when the scorpio launches and ps4 is priced competatively, and people will take the better value deal.

Also dont forget this RED DEAD REDEMPION 2 will be the best selling game this year and it is not coming out on the switch.

Twitter @CyberMalistix