By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So how many of you are quitting console gaming?

Tagged games:

I never will.

Around the Network

I have little to no interest in most online games anyway, so paid online doesn't affect me in any way. The few online games I do play are on PC (League of Legends and nothing else really), so it's a non-issue for me. The only time I even care about multiplayer games in general is when they have local multiplayer, co-op or otherwise.

I always said I don't mind paying if the service is good. Sony service started out amazing, the games thenoffered for free were great value but there's no doubt that quality has slowed down over time.
I've always said though, if you like multiplayer online games and have fun playing them and also put a lot of hours into it then the payment is easily justfied. Your doing something you enjoy and it's your hobby. Most hobbies that offer a service cost you whether it's Photography, snowboarding or rock climbing, there's always a cost.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

BraLoD said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Probably. That's exactly what happened when Sony annnounced the PS4 paywall. Legions of fans who had blasted Xbox for paid online suddenly fell silent.

As for me, I'm pretty disappointed in Nintendo. Starting with WiiU/3DS it began to embrace all the negative trends in the industry: DLC, season passes, microtransactions, etc. Now we can add online paywalls. Nintendo might make the best games in the business but they've become another cynical shark in terms of business tactics.

I see no problem on charging for a service that's been provided, if it's compatible with what players think they will get out of it, then sure, pay for it.
As other said as well, maybe that's a step in the direction in making this segment better on Nintendo, so that could be good in the big picture just as well.

I certainly would like things to keep free, I loved that on my PS3, but I see no problem with it until it becomes an abuse.

Yeah, if people want to pay it will be a success. But I'd rather Nintendo didn't emulate the competition in terms of online paywalls, DLC, patches, etc.

Plus, Nintendo has always been focused deeply on local multiplayer. I don't want to see that suffer just so Nintendo can make more money by selling multiple copies of the same game.

I will quit console gaming when both Nintendo and Sony are going to be dead.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Nope, I'll continue to play on my 3ds and wii u for the time being

Plan to pick up the switch eventually

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I quit console gaming ages ago. :P

But seriously, most of the people here seem to mainly be into single player games, so I don't see why they would care.

I quite PC gaming ages ago when i had to register my Disc game on steam

BraLoD said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Yeah, if people want to pay it will be a success. But I'd rather Nintendo didn't emulate the competition in terms of online paywalls, DLC, patches, etc.

Plus, Nintendo has always been focused deeply on local multiplayer. I don't want to see that suffer just so Nintendo can make more money by selling multiple copies of the same game.

Gaming has evolved and changed.

Games are countless time more complex, so if you can address issues after the release it's a good thing (until companies start releasing games without proper QA because it can be solved later); costs are way higher so making out more money on the games make up for it and DLC is a viable option(until companies start butchering games to sell in parts what was once a full experience); providing servers, keeping security measures and a digital envyroment generate costs, so charging for online functionalities if people want to make use of them and make them better (until as you said, once local functionalities become bound to online and are being charged for).

People praised Nintendo for their DLCs on MK8 and Splatoon, for example, and I'm sure being able to play games like Smash Bros with people from all over the world is also a nice addition online multiplayer provides.

Companies exist to make money, Nintendo is no different, so until it starts becoming abusive (Amiibo is an example IMO), I see no problem with it.

Gaming has evolved and changed, but I'd argue for the worse. 

There was just one remastered Wii U game in the presentation, as far as I remember...

Anyways, I'm not quitting gaming yet. Games are fun, and there are games I still enjoy. So I'll still be sticking around games, just... without online now, it seems.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread