By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So how many of you are quitting console gaming?

Tagged games:

there are no good games anymore. maybe the vr gimmik will save the industry

Around the Network

Im done with gaming in general for now. I have enough games to last an eternity, or whenever gaming gets its shit together, whichever comes first.

Nintendo's model for paid online play is complete shit. You pay (presumably $60 per year) and you get to play Splatoon 2. thats literally it. go look at their list of 26 games and tell me which one besides Splatoon 2 that you will play online. it almost feels like weve been deceived. Splatoon was the Wii U's biggest hit, and now they want as much money out of it as they can, so now we have to pay to own the game, and pay to play it.

RolStoppable said:
Yerm said:
Im done with gaming in general for now. I have enough games to last an eternity, or whenever gaming gets its shit together, whichever comes first.

Nintendo's model for paid online play is complete shit. You pay (presumably $60 per year) and you get to play Splatoon 2. thats literally it. go look at their list of 26 games and tell me which one besides Splatoon 2 that you will play online. it almost feels like weve been deceived. Splatoon was the Wii U's biggest hit, and now they want as much money out of it as they can, so now we have to pay to own the game, and pay to play it.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is an obvious candidate for a game that is going to be played online. It was the Wii U's biggest hit. How did you manage to forget about this game?

i didnt forget about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, its just that I personally dont play it much online, and it does emphasize more focus on local co-op whereas Splatoon 2 is designed for online. 

I'm getting pretty fucking close TBH, if I can't play Mario Kart online for free, I might just stop giving a shit about consoles overall and just use them for exclusive single player games.

I'm quitting console gaming after Wii U Zelda. I decided that before I realised that Nintendo was going to charge for online play.

Maybe next gen, but this gen is underpowered and over hyped. It brings almost nothing new to the table that enhances the gaming experience at all.

Around the Network

I put my money where my mouth is and only buy the Switch when it gets enough single-player games as to be worth my money. Look, Mario Kart 8 DX and Spla2n look nice, but not worth the $60 on top of a subscription to an online service that I know that I don't want to pay for especially after the disaster of My Nintendo.
I'm pretty sure I made an assertion to Tachikoma about this, but I'm not sure what I said exactly. I do know, however, that my sentiment now aligns with my sentiment when I made that statement over a year ago.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3