By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So how many of you are quitting console gaming?

Tagged games:

jason1637 said:
JRPGfan said:

I love mario games.... that one mario game is the only reason (right now) Im tempted to get a switch.
It sucks to have to say that, right after a console reveal by nintendo.

Im holding off though, that price is too much for what their selling (europe prices ouch).
Nintendo will need to drop the price, and wow me with single player games.

As for the online thing... Im not paying for a subscription to be able to play splatoon & mario kart.
It just means I wont be buying those games (ei. forced sub for online = nintendo lost my sales in those games).

I suspect mario kart, splatoon, smash will sell less, on the switch now, than they would had online been free.

But according to your username u like JRPGS and the Switch had some good JRPGs to show and we know fire emblem, polemon etc will come to it.

Yeah but those are still a year or two out right? Xenoblade & SMT. 

Also some made a thread here saying SMT might not be console exclusive.

Right now the main draw for me is that mario game, it looks dope.

Around the Network

I have an issue with digital gaming taking over. I said the day Nintendo goes all digital, I am out of gaming. However, I never considered Nintendo would charge for online gaming and while I want to say I would have made the same statement about online gaming had I actually thought about it, I did not.

And good thing I did not because I preordered this console and I hate looking like a liar, fool, or hypocrite. I do stand by my statement that if Nintendo goes all digital, I am out.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

But according to your username u like JRPGS and the Switch had some good JRPGs to show and we know fire emblem, polemon etc will come to it.

Yeah but those are still a year or two out right? Xenoblade & SMT. 

Also some made a thread here saying SMT might not be console exclusive.

Right now the main draw for me is that mario game, it looks dope.

Yeah more JRPGs need to be announced. Also Xenoblade 2 is this year.

GhaudePhaede010 said:
I have an issue with digital gaming taking over. I said the day Nintendo goes all digital, I am out of gaming. However, I never considered Nintendo would charge for online gaming and while I want to say I would have made the same statement about online gaming had I actually thought about it, I did not.

And good thing I did not because I preordered this console and I hate looking like a liar, fool, or hypocrite. I do stand by my statement that if Nintendo goes all digital, I am out.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're allowed to change your mind and that doesn't make you either a liar or a hypocrite.

The way I see it is you'd be a liar if you pretended like you never said it (even though you remembered you did) and a hypocrite if you bought a digital only Ninty console but kept bashing steam (or something) for being digital only.

Miguel_Zorro said:
Paid online = I'm not paying for online

Paid online where they throw in some games every month like PS/XBox = Might pay for online.

one feature that i think is justified to have behind a paywall is online storage for saved games. im not saying its worth 50$ a year, but it does add value to a sub, and its a really important and great feature to have. if you lose all your data on your console you just have to sync it again with your account and its all there. its really a handy feature. i think its hidden behind a paywall on PS+, not sure if its on XBL. but its certainly a great feature. along with the free games each month, and PS+ isnt really a bad deal. if prefer online to be free of course, but PS+ isnt that bad. 

Around the Network

Just play single player games on consoles and multiplayer on PC????????????

Kinda, just home consoles. I'm probably going to focus on portable consoles.

Edit*

I'm ready to get away from console gaming as soon as there's not enough exclusive games, and it seems we're almost there for me. I got a PS4 only recently, and it seems there's barely any interesting exclusives for it. Paid multiplayer doesn't have much to do with that though, although it hurts too. Surprisingly, I think the biggest reason is horrible backwards compatibility. On PC, you can still quite easily play games that are decades old. On consoles, there's barely any backwards compatibility these days. Xbox is an exception (for now), but even with it, it's quite restricted and not reliable in the long term (talking about multiple generations). You can rebuy old games, but I don't want to do that. I've paid once already and it should be enough.

Bandorr said:
bananaking21 said:

one feature that i think is justified to have behind a paywall is online storage for saved games. im not saying its worth 50$ a year, but it does add value to a sub, and its a really important and great feature to have. if you lose all your data on your console you just have to sync it again with your account and its all there. its really a handy feature. i think its hidden behind a paywall on PS+, not sure if its on XBL. but its certainly a great feature. along with the free games each month, and PS+ isnt really a bad deal. if prefer online to be free of course, but PS+ isnt that bad. 

BIg fan of online storage.  I don't think it is hidden behind the paywall on the PS+. How often you can access it is.  I believe you are limited to one download, and one upload.

It has been a long since I wasn't PS+.

so the feature is limited without PS+? that kinda blows. but im a huge fan of the feature. 

I'm gonna hold off on buying the Switch. If it can be brought down in price reasonably, I may buy it.

As for consoles. Very little has appealed to me with respect to x1 and ps4. No joke but it was not until Overwatch, Doom, and Gravity Rush 2 that something came out that really interested me...

I like cartoony shit.