By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2016 NPD Thread! The Last Guardian and Dead Rising 4 sales up!

Slade6alpha said:
Neodegenerate said:

That's just a beta though.  The game isn't actually releasing until the middle of Feb

Then why is Horizon Zero Dawn on his?

Oh to generate bias because thats the agenda.  To me both companies have weak January months coming.

GribbleGrunger said:
Neodegenerate said:

That's just a beta though.  The game isn't actually releasing until the middle of Feb

No, it was fair comment. It was in the buzz bit.

I don't know that many people would be buying the console to experience the beta (or a month in advance of the game) though.

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:

All this is, is a list war list. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the month most people are saying that PS4 didn't even have any games launching in January.

That's guarenteed. Have you been following this gen?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
bunchanumbers said:

All this is, is a list war list. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the month most people are saying that PS4 didn't even have any games launching in January.

That's guarenteed. Have you been following this gen?

Nope. Next gen doesn't start until Sony says it does and I haven't heard anything from them.

bunchanumbers said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Now that is bold

PS4:
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts HD
Gravity Rush 2
Tales Of Besteria
Buzz for: Nier/Horizon Zero Dawn

XB1:
Nothing
Buzz for: Nothing

Outside of Kingdom Hearts, which is another HD remaster, the public in general has no idea what any of those games are. I doubt Johnny and Suzy in Alden, Iowa are saying, 'Oh finally I've been waiting for Yakuza!'

Most of those games don't appeal to the general populace and won't be system sellers.

come up with something new other than the same old "nobody cares about game" downplay tactic, you should know by now that when quality software is released in high volume people buy systems, and these games are all exclusive which means they will be bought on the sony console, not to mention resident evil which gribblegrunger didn't list because its multiplat, will sell probably three times as much on ps4 than xbox one along with the current amazon position (which is now officially relevent again) for PS4 is #5 with Xbox One in the 20s so PS4 will, logically, take the month because we actually have evidence to support that

bunchanumbers said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Now that is bold

PS4:
Yakuza 0
Kingdom Hearts HD
Gravity Rush 2
Tales Of Besteria
Buzz for: Nier/Horizon Zero Dawn

XB1:
Nothing
Buzz for: Nothing

Outside of Kingdom Hearts, which is another HD remaster, the public in general has no idea what any of those games are. I doubt Johnny and Suzy in Alden, Iowa are saying, 'Oh finally I've been waiting for Yakuza!'

Most of those games don't appeal to the general populace and won't be system sellers.

This is approaching the Wii U level of bargaining here.

Around the Network

Wow! This was really close. Congrats to playstation for being number one and xbox for rising in sales YoY

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Neodegenerate said:
Slade6alpha said:

Then why is Horizon Zero Dawn on his?

Oh to generate bias because thats the agenda.  To me both companies have weak January months coming.

I don't think you can get much more from January than on PS4 this month. It's January ffs. You expecting AAA exclusives?

And it pisses over XB1 regardless

barneystinson69 said:
Neodegenerate said:

Yes.  Pointing out after being beaten for 7 out of 12 months that if you take a carefully curated view of only 6 of those 12 months that you won (ish) is in fact damage control.

Edit: Changed to 7 because didn't they win April or something?

So winning 1/2 the year is damage control? Why do people always assume it's damage control, when they stated it was up YOY and win the last 6 months of the year. It just means the holiday season was on a knife edge, and the PS4 barely won.

Well to be fair they didn't win half the year or the last 6months....they won 4 months out of 12. So technically they are incorrect and it is semi damage control to make a false statement.

BUT I am glad that the XB1 is up YoY and congrats to the PS4 for another NPD victory. I am ready to see what this year brings us!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

bunchanumbers said:

Nope. Next gen doesn't start until Sony says it does and I haven't heard anything from them.

The PS5 Exists. 

Now where are all those people that were saying XB1 would win because of number of bundles on amazon?