By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Scalebound Cancelled

Aerys said:

its interesting to do a récap of MS E3 2014 now , the one people thought it was great because of many announcements :

- Halo 5 announcement

- Phantom Dust Announcement = CANCELLED

- Scalebound Announcement = CANCELLED

- Crackdown 3 Announcement = still waiting after almost 3 years.
That shows à new picture of conférence when you go back in time to debunk vaporwares

To think people used to say Microsoft conferences have thé advantage to show only concrète stuff coming soon...

Phantom Dust isn't cancelled, its just been scaled back to a simple Xbox port.

Not everything MS shows comes quickly, they've just had a better record than some of their competitors.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

A port doesnt change thé fact thé réal game announced supposed to be a remake/reboot is cancelled .

Nobody would have cared enough for a simple port to put this as an announcement in thé conférence, thé main reason it was there itd beczuse it was supposed to be something new and nothing like à simple port so yeah its cancelled

And as i said, they dont, at thé opposite.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Wyrdness said:
If the rumours are true about bad blood arising between PG and MS that could be worrying for PG fans on Xbox platforms as PG may opted to make other platforms the lead for their games in future and maybe even skip xbox platforms all together.

Well their next game releasing soon is ps4 / pc only.  Their last game was Wii U exclusive.  So I'd be more surprised if their next game is on xbox then if it's not.  

Xbox One never had good Japanese support,  ever. 

poklane said:

Damn Microsoft... Why?!
After 3 years of develoment and the effort of the devs trying to make it happend! I actually feel bad for PG.

well this is crazy

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Birimbau said:

XBOX is becoming more and more pointless. The only reason to buy a console is the exclusives (since I only play multiplats on PC). And in this department XBOX is disappointing.

So you are saying PS4 and Switch are the only way to go now?

Jup, and pc(xbox)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Mr Puggsly said:

Its certainly possible to make a hack n' slash game with large enviornments. But maybe MS insisted on a multplayer focused experience. We don't really know and MS took the hit on this one.

Almost everything MS has coming may be on the second half of 2017. I expect a Halo 3 remaster (10th anniversary), Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Theives, Forza 7, and they generally surprise us with something coming soon at E3. Maybe another timed exclusive. This is also a big year for multiplats.

That's true, MS does tend to announce at least one game for the current year during E3 (I think?)

Mr Puggsly said:

Phantom Dust isn't cancelled, its just been scaled back to a simple Xbox port.

Not everything MS shows comes quickly, they've just had a better record than some of their competitors.

That's...really kind of splitting hairs. It went from making a whole new game, to just rereleasing the old game on the Xbox. Like FF7 remake, and the PS4 port of FF7. If they had announced the full remake, and then said they were just going to release the port, that isn't really making good on that earlier claim.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

spurgeonryan said:
Birimbau said:

XBOX is becoming more and more pointless. The only reason to buy a console is the exclusives (since I only play multiplats on PC). And in this department XBOX is disappointing.

So you are saying PS4 and Switch are the only way to go now?

Ps4 and pc is the most popular combination.  

spurgeonryan said:
Kerotan said:

Ps4 and pc is the most popular combination.  

There will always be two consoles. People want a piece of that pie. So despite what you are saying being true, there still needs to be another option. Since X1 is out for Birimbau, I can only assume he has picked the Switch instead.

I have not played a game on a PC since I was 12.

Nintendo games tend to be aimed at the younger demographic.  If these type of games don't interest you then a Nintendo device is of no use. 

thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Nothing says "smooth transition off of consoles" like releasing two new consoles. Oh wait, I forget the Scorpio doesn't actually exist.

You mean two revisions of the same console.  The S was going to happen no matter what.  Well, unless the XBO had only sold like 5M.  Why?  Because it's a cost cutting measure by MS.  The S is cheaper to produce and ship.

As for the Scorpio, as I said before, I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed as a Windows VR gaming box when it finally launches.  We'll see later this year.  All I know is given all of the steps MS has taken to slowly step away from Xbox, including spending less and less on it, if Scorpio isn't a hit, MS is going to reconsider keeping it around.  If the founder and 2nd largest shareholder is okay spinning it off, I doubt many involved would have too much of a problem with it, either.

I mean exactly what I said, two new consoles. You can try to spin it however you want to minimize it, my point wins either way. A "smooth transition" off of consoles does not mean release two new Xbox consoles, lol.

Seems they're making Xbox bigger than ever, not stepping away from it. Integrating it with Windows, and making the most powerful console ever. If they want to ease off consoles and push people towards PC, they're doing the exact opposite of what they should be doing. Maybe you guys are just wrong?

I already corrected you on that Bill Gates stuff you're referencing. He said he'd be ok with whatever decisions Nadella makes, including spinning off the Xbox division. It was a complete vote of confidence for their new CEO that you're trying to twist into something else. It's funny to see, but when you need to stoop to such levels, should probably just stop trying to make that point.