By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Scalebound Cancelled

starcraft said:
No Xbox thread has gotten this much attention since Tomb Raider went timed exclusive.

For different reasons, some of you (especially you?) refused to admit TR was timed exclusive, so we had to correct you. But now we are just concerned about the xbox anemic lineup for 2017

Around the Network

Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo would consider a closer look on the development of that game.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Not surprised, if the thing did come out it wouldn't sell well or be reviewed well.

Every piece of gameplay we've seen looked janky and dull as hell. Incredibly boring fights with no satisfying feedback.

Barkley said:
Not surprised, if the thing did come out it wouldn't sell well or be reviewed well.

Every piece of gameplay we've seen looked janky and dull as hell. Incredibly boring fights with no satisfying feedback.

Microsoft refused to compromise on resolution & effects/elements that where too demanding for the xbox one, when PG was telling them it couldnt be done.

Also why gameplay looks janky and dull, could be because MS forced PG to change the type of game it was ment to be, mid developement.

ei. it was not ment to be a 4 player co-op multiplayer game.

Adding in something like that? means you have to change so damn much in the game, which means more developement time.

Then you get a few developers overworked and stressed out, and angry they are forced to make something they didnt want to make.

So they take a few weeks to cool their heads, come back to work to find out MS didnt like they took time off, and not hitting a milestone ment they got cancled.

JRPGfan said:

Also why gameplay looks janky and dull, could be because MS forced PG to change the type of game it was ment to be, mid developement.

ei. it was not ment to be a 4 player co-op multiplayer game.

If that is the case then yeah that could be a massive reason for why the gameplay looked so unresponsive. If it's a single player game it's easy to make the enemy boss react to the player in a responive way and make for a more impactful and engaging fight.

Whereas the video I last saw seemed to be 4 players floating around a bullet sponge mashing the attack button.

Around the Network

Smart move by Phil Spencer. The game was taking too long to make and draining money. Platinum games are overrated.

X1Gates said:
Smart move by Phil Spencer. The game was taking too long to make and draining money. Platinum games are overrated.

Why in the world would you want less games for Xbox?

RJ_Sizzle said:
X1Gates said:

I'd prefer two high-quality games rather than 10 mediocre/bad games of course.

I was looking forward to ScaleBound even though gameplay clips weren't so impressive. But if PG were struggling and not delivering what MS was funding I guess it's better to cancel it than release a poor-performing flop and waste money and everyone's time.

Many here seem to be putting all the blame on Microsoft. But just think about it, if you were a publisher and funded a game that wasn't turning out to be the quality you wanted, devs were struggling to meet milestones, there wasn't much hype or demand for the game, how much money would you keep pouring on it? I would assume Microsoft wanted this to be a game to promote Scorpios power so it must not have been an easy decicion to cancel it, it was probably looking really bad.

Microsoft is really killing everything that made their platform unique. First Ensemble got the ax, then Lionhead, and now their exclusives are getting axed.

KiigelHeart said:
RJ_Sizzle said:

I'd prefer two high-quality games rather than 10 mediocre/bad games of course.

I was looking forward to ScaleBound even though gameplay clips weren't so impressive. But if PG were struggling and not delivering what MS was funding I guess it's better to cancel it than release a poor-performing flop and waste money and everyone's time.

Many here seem to be putting all the blame on Microsoft. But just think about it, if you were a publisher and funded a game that wasn't turning out to be the quality you wanted, devs were struggling to meet milestones, there wasn't much hype or demand for the game, how much money would you keep pouring on it? I would assume Microsoft wanted this to be a game to promote Scorpios power so it must not have been an easy decicion to cancel it, it was probably looking really bad.

I think most gamers would rather have a choice. ReCore was pronounced mediocre in most respects, but I think that should be up to the gamers to decide. At least people got to play it. MS already made so much of an investment in the game, may as well see it through. Their assembly line demand for promptness doesn't have to be so hardline, if that was the issue. Sometimes, games take time. Not everything needs to be a weapon for the holidays. I thnk this past year should have been a good lesson for that.