By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Scalebound Cancelled

RJ_Sizzle said:

I think most gamers would rather have a choice. ReCore was pronounced mediocre in most respects, but I think that should be up to the gamers to decide. At least people got to play it. MS already made so much of an investment in the game, may as well see it through. Their assembly line demand for promptness doesn't have to be so hardline, if that was the issue. Sometimes, games take time. Not everything needs to be a weapon for the holidays. I thnk this past year should have been a good lesson for that.

Easy for us to say, it's not our money in the line and we don't have any idea what was going on and how much it would have cost to see it through. Studios get shut down after costly projects fail to sell millions of copies.

I do agree that X1 needs more upcoming games. 2016 was a great year, this year is not looking too good yet. But quality over quantity, always. Most gamers would rather have a choice but as we see from X1 software sales, most gamers still pick the usual multiplats and heavy-hitters like Halo, Forza and Gears.

Around the Network

Do you think the idea that all Xbox games are to be on PC helped the decision? When they announce it, the devs might have had to do a lot of changes, more than planned which meant it would have delayed the game even more.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Do you think the idea that all Xbox games are to be on PC helped the decision? When they announce it, the devs might have had to do a lot of changes, more than planned which meant it would have delayed the game even more.

Think it has more to do with microsoft demanding the game was changed to 4player co-op, and where refuseing to allow compromises in resolution/elements of the game that where too demanding. Which are the current rumors. So you got a game where gameplay looked abit weird (because that wasnt the original vision) and with a few performance issues.

Supposedly the work relationship between MS & PG wasnt good either, alot of developers where stressed out & overworked, some of the head guys took a break due to it.

JRPGfan said:

Think it has more to do with microsoft demanding the game was changed to 4player co-op, and where refuseing to allow compromises in resolution/elements of the game that where too demanding. Which are the current rumors. So you got a game where gameplay looked abit weird (because that wasnt the original vision) and with a few performance issues.

Supposedly the work relationship between MS & PG wasnt good either, alot of developers where stressed out & overworked, some of the head guys took a break due to it.

Doesn't that sound a bit weird to you at all? I mean, why would they suddenly demand a 4 player co-op and not allow any compromises? Don't they know their hardware limitations and help developers work around performance issues with a game they are funding? It would make more sense that PG wasn't able to deliver their original vision of a game microsoft was funding, so they would have to take away too many key features. It wouldn't be the game they wanted and maybe not even worth developing.

But we can only guess.

LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:

You mean two revisions of the same console.  The S was going to happen no matter what.  Well, unless the XBO had only sold like 5M.  Why?  Because it's a cost cutting measure by MS.  The S is cheaper to produce and ship.

As for the Scorpio, as I said before, I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed as a Windows VR gaming box when it finally launches.  We'll see later this year.  All I know is given all of the steps MS has taken to slowly step away from Xbox, including spending less and less on it, if Scorpio isn't a hit, MS is going to reconsider keeping it around.  If the founder and 2nd largest shareholder is okay spinning it off, I doubt many involved would have too much of a problem with it, either.

I mean exactly what I said, two new consoles. You can try to spin it however you want to minimize it, my point wins either way. A "smooth transition" off of consoles does not mean release two new Xbox consoles, lol.

Seems they're making Xbox bigger than ever, not stepping away from it. Integrating it with Windows, and making the most powerful console ever. If they want to ease off consoles and push people towards PC, they're doing the exact opposite of what they should be doing. Maybe you guys are just wrong?

I already corrected you on that Bill Gates stuff you're referencing. He said he'd be ok with whatever decisions Nadella makes, including spinning off the Xbox division. It was a complete vote of confidence for their new CEO that you're trying to twist into something else. It's funny to see, but when you need to stoop to such levels, should probably just stop trying to make that point.

I'd say it's more like they are shifting to Windows gaming, leveraging their Xbox fans to do, rather than pumping Xbox in a larger thing. You don't spend less and less money on something you're growing larger.

Funny, I only remember him specifically speaking of Xbox. They must have more things less successful and less known than the Xbox brand. Wonder why he picked that one? Hmm.

Around the Network

Sad for the fellow Xbox gamers that will miss this game

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

bunchanumbers said:
Snoopy said:
Actually, Microsoft should just buy out Besetheda games and own the biggest rpg franchises on the market if they want the rpg fanbase.

TES6 and the fallout franchise exclusive to Xbox One would be massive.

What a perfect way to kill 2 huge franchises in just one new entry.

This one hurt. This one really hurt.
Joins the ranks of StarCraft Ghost as one of those games I was super hyped to play but never will.

Thanks, Obama.

SCALEDBACK

Valdath said:
bunchanumbers said:

TES6 and the fallout franchise exclusive to Xbox One would be massive.

What a perfect way to kill 2 huge franchises in just one new entry.

Period.