By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I find it pretty hard to take someone seriously when they're trying to draw a correlation between the ability to make statements about one company that would be outright lies, with the same statements about another where they're certifiably legitimate in many cases. Even if you had some potentially legitimate gripes about consistency of moderation, you're arguing in bad faith.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
0D0 said:

So I need to not only keep track of companies that I can flame but the guys round here that are known to be sarcastic? Can I be sarcastic about Nintendo fans? I don't think so.

No. You being sarcastic about Nintendo fans would be taken in a bad light, again, given your history. That cannot be omitted when having this discussion.

Plus, the one that says that my point is invalid is just being arrogant and passive-agressive even though I'm not making a point regarding you mods being biased pro Nintendo, but accusing you of that. Which you can note or disregard but not say that I'm trying to prove or make any point.

The way you're trying to correlate moderation with bias is another problem. You've essentially asked us to look in the other direction because you perceive others to get away with that.

My take.

I don't want you to look in the other direction even though I asked for clarification regarding the flaming posts against EA.

What I want is to say is that I accuse VGChartz moderation team of being biased pro Nintendo. Which is an accusation that I'd do today, one year ago or one year in the future. It's a general accusation, not a justification.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:
CGI-Quality said:

My take.

I don't want you to look in the other direction even though I asked for clarification regarding the flaming posts against EA.

What I want is to say is that I accuse VGChartz moderation team of being biased pro Nintendo. Which is an accusation that I'd do today, one year ago or one year in the future. It's a general accusation, not a justification.

The site is biased towards Nintendo in the past the present and without a doubt in your eyes the site will be biased towards nintendo a year from now? Do you ever get the feeling that since you've already made up your mind the future actions of this place as being pro Nintendo then there's not a whole pile they would be able to do to change your mind, you are the one with the bias against the company/their fans and people who point that out to you are being "pro Nintendo" I would say right now that shit posting about Nintendo the company who are sat on top of the sales charts each week is going to draw some flak from people because sales indicate that the majority of gamers are very happily enjoying the Switch right now, based solely on weekly sales by attacking Nintendo as a brand or their fans you automatically put yourself on the side of the argument which has less support, straight up numbers on the front page tell you this in black and white, there's no bias in that.

Also in regards the post you linked where someone was ragging on EA because EA as a company is doing what it can to get all the cash they can from their gambling mechanics before laws prevent them from doing that, calling EA scummy for their current lies towards politicians and those asking them for information is attacking.... EA, as a company, the target of the flaming is EA a company who doesn't come to this site, there are fans of EA games on here but they're not the attack of this sort of post.

Your post of "Nintendo fans X and Nintendo fans say Y" who is the target of that? is it Nintendo the company? No it's not, it's the fanbase, it's the users of this site, you are making posts which implicate what each one of the 200k purchasers of the Switch each week think, that they all have a single mind and goal when it comes to what they play and how they all just like a certain game type.

You really have to consider when you are posting who is the target of the criticism in your post, if you suggest that a company has bad practices and can give examples then that's a fair thing to say, if you say that all of a fanbase of a company think a certain way or act a certain way then you cannot prove that as a single person of the millions of Switch owners who doesn't fall in line with the narrative you're driving means your statement is false and both a generalization/attack on that group.

Rather than asking the question of "is it okay for me to be a dick to this company instead?" why not just avoid making antagonistic posts towards any group? Or at least don't start with statements about how all the fans of a company you don't like all do 1 thing?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

RolStoppable said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

The site is very pro nintendo, largest fanbase Here and they work together , by work together i mean you talk shit you bet your ass you get them to report your ass , you talk shit about nintendo or nintendo fanbase a second time you probably get a target on your forehead Forever, and you bet your ass they Will remenber and Will wait for every opportunity to get you reported, posting like you post on There is asking for double trouble. Even posting something negative is asking for them to hate you imagine shit posting like you did. Keep doing it and they Will kerotan to ass out of Here real fast.

Your name is the next one on the list.

Commander shall I release some of the drones which became free after their successful strike on Rick?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
0D0 said:

The site is biased towards Nintendo in the past the present and without a doubt in your eyes the site will be biased towards nintendo a year from now? Do you ever get the feeling that since you've already made up your mind the future actions of this place as being pro Nintendo then there's not a whole pile they would be able to do to change your mind, you are the one with the bias against the company/their fans and people who point that out to you are being "pro Nintendo" I would say right now that shit posting about Nintendo the company who are sat on top of the sales charts each week is going to draw some flak from people because sales indicate that the majority of gamers are very happily enjoying the Switch right now, based solely on weekly sales by attacking Nintendo as a brand or their fans you automatically put yourself on the side of the argument which has less support, straight up numbers on the front page tell you this in black and white, there's no bias in that.

Also in regards the post you linked where someone was ragging on EA because EA as a company is doing what it can to get all the cash they can from their gambling mechanics before laws prevent them from doing that, calling EA scummy for their current lies towards politicians and those asking them for information is attacking.... EA, as a company, the target of the flaming is EA a company who doesn't come to this site, there are fans of EA games on here but they're not the attack of this sort of post.

Your post of "Nintendo fans X and Nintendo fans say Y" who is the target of that? is it Nintendo the company? No it's not, it's the fanbase, it's the users of this site, you are making posts which implicate what each one of the 200k purchasers of the Switch each week think, that they all have a single mind and goal when it comes to what they play and how they all just like a certain game type.

You really have to consider when you are posting who is the target of the criticism in your post, if you suggest that a company has bad practices and can give examples then that's a fair thing to say, if you say that all of a fanbase of a company think a certain way or act a certain way then you cannot prove that as a single person of the millions of Switch owners who doesn't fall in line with the narrative you're driving means your statement is false and both a generalization/attack on that group.

Rather than asking the question of "is it okay for me to be a dick to this company instead?" why not just avoid making antagonistic posts towards any group? Or at least don't start with statements about how all the fans of a company you don't like all do 1 thing?

My post, that got me banned, was a generalisation and not constructive as the three posts I shared about EA. The posts attacking EA also insult EA fans and they're generalisations without evidence and posted in a rude and not constructive manner.

But I was the only one banned.

About your comments on millions enjoying NSW and the its sales, I think you're talking about something else entirely, and if you believe that I came here to complain because I'm butt-hurt due to NSW success, you're just being insulting without a reason. However, I don't think you represent the leaders here, so you don't really need to reply to me.

I understand that there's a target on me because of my previous ban and that my post was flaming. However, I see other flaming posts round and no moderation, that's why I made questions to the moderation team.

My questions revealed very interesting information. I got answers that explained a lot about how the site works and how the moderation team thinks. I learnt that

- My history will impact all future mistakes

- The big 3 are more important than other brands, so there's less toleration when being negative against them than against others.

- The number of complaints are more important than the wording itself. You can be antagonist and put no evidence on your post against a company like EA, but once you do the same thing against a company like Nintendo, that has a large fan base here (I take that from the audience on Nintendo threads and on voting threads where usually Nintendo always wins), it might be a bigger trouble.

About what I think regarding the moderation team bias. What I said means that I wasn't making that statement in order to make the mod team look to other side nor I was side stepping. That's why I said that I'd do the same accusation regardless of this ban or the time. The reason is that since I joined, I've realised that it's more unusual to get moderated by flaming other companies, than flaming Nintendo.

When I see a thread where people are quite rude against certain brands or groups, it's quite ok, you don't see many moderation cases, until Nintendo name shows up. Then moderation shows up right after. As I said before, I haven't taken notes so you can say that my statement has no sense and is just an excuse of another banned troll. Anyway, I don't believe this issue will change so, I assume that if I come back here next year, I'll probably see the same behaviour and I will keep the same accusation: that VGC leaders regards Nintendo as a more protected brand than any other.

Which is an statement that the moderation team can disregard completely. I'm just using the space that I believe allows me to criticise.

I also thank the mods that took the time to answer my questions. I'm leaving here.

To Bristow9091, I haven't PM you, because I've been moderated before and have replied to other mod and I haven't got any reply. The last ban I got, I haven't complained, I took it and shut up.

I only feel that on that same thread, I could have used the same sort of joke against EA without being banned.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
0D0 said:

Lots

I'll just address one main part about what you said, because you made a ton of points and you're correct that I don't represent anyone on this site other than a desire to see the place being a cool hangout for gaming news, but with regards the "the ban is based on it getting reported loads" I would say that's very true, because the mod team here acts mainly on the reports of the users, they just can't read every single post around the place because even in the sites quieter state there is still hundreds of posts per day.

Just think as well that if a post gets a report like "this post shouldn't be here" but there's no specific rule breaking mentioned then a moderator will need to take a read and see what might be the issue but for example if the reporter takes the time to point out the exact rule breaking points of the post then it would solidify the moderators feelings that a moderation could be justified, as such if you get a post which gets 5 reports, 2 of which are "this hurt my feelings" and 3 point out why the post has infracted on rules then a moderation is far more likely than someone who says for example "EA are tossers to their fans" and the CEO of EA on his burner account makes a report that states that EA just like to surprise their fans with tossing mechanics!

Regarding using something like the poll on which company won E3 I don't think that's an indication of how many users on this site like Nintendo... I think it's a survey on how people looked at E3 and decided which company had a better show. I would hope that if a person liked say.... Sony, they would still vote in that poll even thought their company of choice wasn't there.

Ganoncrotch said:
0D0 said:

Lots

I'll just address one main part about what you said, because you made a ton of points and you're correct that I don't represent anyone on this site other than a desire to see the place being a cool hangout for gaming news, but with regards the "the ban is based on it getting reported loads" I would say that's very true, because the mod team here acts mainly on the reports of the users, they just can't read every single post around the place because even in the sites quieter state there is still hundreds of posts per day.

Just think as well that if a post gets a report like "this post shouldn't be here" but there's no specific rule breaking mentioned then a moderator will need to take a read and see what might be the issue but for example if the reporter takes the time to point out the exact rule breaking points of the post then it would solidify the moderators feelings that a moderation could be justified, as such if you get a post which gets 5 reports, 2 of which are "this hurt my feelings" and 3 point out why the post has infracted on rules then a moderation is far more likely than someone who says for example "EA are tossers to their fans" and the CEO of EA on his burner account makes a report that states that EA just like to surprise their fans with tossing mechanics!

Regarding using something like the poll on which company won E3 I don't think that's an indication of how many users on this site like Nintendo... I think it's a survey on how people looked at E3 and decided which company had a better show. I would hope that if a person liked say.... Sony, they would still vote in that poll even thought their company of choice wasn't there.

There really is a correlation between such poll results and the fan base climate on the site though. To wit: We have a fairly small Xbox contingent, and that is consistently reflected in polls which feature choices where "the big 3" are options. How strong such a connection is, is up for speculation, but it is a thing.

Also, off topic, just heard this morning that The Orville season 3 is a go!

Last edited by COKTOE - on 25 June 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Commander shall I release some of the drones which became free after their successful strike on Rick?

Aside from the avatar i dont even remenber  you talk about nintendo in nintendo threads, i do remenber everysingle i posted about my opinion on psplus and the lack of quality in news articles you  There defending it and downvoting. That is the ONLY thing i remenber about you.

*shrug*

So I'm in the same bracket as spelling when it comes to "things worth remembering" NOICE!

My post that you've quoted above though, that was a joke to build on what I considered a funny concept that there was a behind the scenes war going on here with directed attacks at certain people with ringleaders directing traffic or reports on "offenders" I found idea of such a thing being funny and hoped to build on the humour in a way to try to defuse anyone who might think such a scheme is ongoing here.

If such a thing is ongoing here I would be shocked for a few reasons, not least of which because I wouldn't trust a group of members on here to organise a fart without breaking down to argue if the fart should be Green, Blue or Red branded.

@COKTOE I seen that and punched the sky, I'm hoping that they can continue that series and expand it into a franchise, not just a one off show but something worthy of branching out into movies and TNG, VOY and DS9 type shows after Orville has run its course as a mid sized cruiser.

kirby007 said:
You cant post shit about sony or sony fans here, it will get you banned just aswell so your whole point you actually want to make is invalid

All about context.
I have often said things that were negative about Sony's approach to various things... I have also praised them for it.

But just bagging out a company just because you dislike them isn't constructive, it isn't forwarding a conversation.

Hiku said:
0D0 said:

What I want is to say is that I accuse VGChartz moderation team of being biased pro Nintendo.

Which is interesting because I think most of us are primarily PS4 players.

Consequently we had a survey not long ago to highlight "bias" issues and generally the mod team was pretty balanced I thought.

Obviously a few people on the mod team have larger biases towards a specific platform and the community understands that. (I.E. Me with PC.) - But generally we all balance each other out, hence why we discuss issues as a team to remove any specific bias when it comes time to do a moderation.

...So the sooner we can get past the idea that the mod team has a bias towards <insert platform here> and move on... The better!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

The site is very pro nintendo, largest fanbase Here and they work together , by work together i mean you talk shit you bet your ass you get them to report your ass , you talk shit about nintendo or nintendo fanbase a second time you probably get a target on your forehead Forever, and you bet your ass they Will remenber and Will wait for every opportunity to get you reported, posting like you post on There is asking for double trouble. Even posting something negative is asking for them to hate you imagine shit posting like you did. Keep doing it and they Will kerotan to ass out of Here real fast.

Can't say I have seen this. I have always given Nintendo platforms criticism where criticism is due, goes for all consoles... I am still here.
In-fact many Nintendo orientated gamers actually ask for my perspective usually pertaining to hardware aspects and not always do I give them a reply that is glowing.

0D0 said:

My post, that got me banned, was a generalisation and not constructive as the three posts I shared about EA. The posts attacking EA also insult EA fans and they're generalisations without evidence and posted in a rude and not constructive manner.

But I was the only one banned.

In regards to that EA thread, I thought it was better to just shut it down and move on rather than go on a banning spree, sometimes the path of least resistance is the better option.

Perhaps more users should have been banned? Perhaps we dropped the ball? It's something that we might discuss later on and learn from it if you do feel like you have been slighted.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Hiku said:
Pemalite said:

Consequently we had a survey not long ago to highlight "bias" issues and generally the mod team was pretty balanced I thought.

Obviously a few people on the mod team have larger biases towards a specific platform and the community understands that. (I.E. Me with PC.) - But generally we all balance each other out, hence why we discuss issues as a team to remove any specific bias when it comes time to do a moderation.

That we discuss the decisions as a team is probably not something most members are aware of. I know I wasn't, until I joined the team.
It usually means that more work and time is put into every decision, but I think it's a good system, for the reason you mentioned, and because it leaves less room for overlooking something when multiple people are brainstorming.

the only slight thing I would suggest with this is rather than not saying a word while there is deliberation going on between mods it might be an idea to just give some feedback to the person who reported it, because there's obviously been a few times where something has been said that was horrifically bad and I reported it, but then nothing is done for a few days and I know that behind the scenes the mods are probably all there holding their mouth discussing which one of ye holds the poster down and which one breaks their legs but at the same time, until the action is taken the post is left stinking up the site for what can on occasion be 24+ hours, it just can look like a possible lack of mod crackdown while a thread is at its most populated up until someone drops a "well anyone who is on X side of this argument is a fucking idiot" type of comment which completely destroys so many threads on here because users don't wanna pipe up and tar themselves with the "fucking idiot" label in doing so.

Maybe an idea to have something like a highlight around a post which has been reported 2 or more times which lets people know that post is under observation and review and that it might be a good idea not to "fire back" at the post/user as mods are in the process of doing so.