By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

wow I was 348 post behind in this thread .... I missed a good deal. Kinda sad some things can no longer be discussed, but i guess it pays to stay more up to date.

Around the Network

Meh, can't be that hard being a mod considering people are willing to do it for fun.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Meh, can't be that hard being a mod considering people are willing to do it for fun.

It's not really that fun xD people become mods out of their love for the community, not to have a good time. 

vivster said:

Depends on your definition of "hard". - If you already have a ton of free time and lots of experience... Probably not that hard.
But if you are new to it, don't have much time, it can be a nightmare, especially as things can get rather "hectic" almost at Random.

Then you have the "thankless" part of the equation, you will get abuse, you will have people be confrontational, that tends to occur when anyone has a position of authority.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

vivster said:

Some do it for fun, some do it because they have a hard on for power. Buncha nerds.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

Much of that depends on users. Like Smeags, and Kantor before him, there's only so much that I feel The Team should take. However, if there is any comfort, I'm not to that point yet (though I have thought about it).

Can you define how it depends on users?

In the sense that there needs to be a constructive dialog, rather than a fruitless back and forth. Obviously, it's a two way street. The users, as well as the mods, have to do their part in order for that to happen. If one party or the other isn't living up to that standard, then the thread becomes pointless.

vivster said:

Feel free to take my position for a week, see how you like it.

Things here seem to be just as functional as ever, that's my yearly check up review.

Former something....

Carl said:
vivster said:

Feel free to take my position for a week, see how you like it.

I'll take it. A look behind the scenes will surely give me my much needed empathy for the mods.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Blacksaber said:
Things here seem to be just as functional as ever, that's my yearly check up review.

<3

Don't be a stranger.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.