By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I noticed Mike_L has received a permaban. As there is no note, and he hasn't posted since February, I'm curious as to what happened. I can only guess it was a comment made in a news article.....?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
COKTOE said:
I noticed Mike_L has received a permaban. As there is no note, and he hasn't posted since February, I'm curious as to what happened. I can only guess it was a comment made in a news article.....?

I haven't really been active the last few days, but I believe he was an alt/had an alt or something? Pretty sure one of the other mods will be able to give you a proper answer, lol. 

I was thinking that might be the case as well, but couldn't find a banned alt that fit the bill among the more recent bans.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ryuu96 said:
COKTOE said:

He had two accounts so we perm'd one, basically

Theeenks. :)

Ka-pi96 said:
Ryuu96 said:

If nobody has yet we can always do it on Slade.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a ban note like that, somewhere

Well ioi has done it. I remember he banned somebody (wasn't it Bralod?) "for being an idiot". But ya know, that's ioi. Was wondering if any regular mod had done it. And yeah, Slade would be a good choice for the first one

Nah only mods from 07 did that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I once banned someone and the note said "Don't be a dick" but I can't remember who.

Around the Network
Carl said:
I once banned someone and the note said "Don't be a dick" but I can't remember who.

Probably yourself

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Carl said:

Probably yourself

Don't tempt me.

Carl said:
kirby007 said:

Probably yourself

Don't tempt me.

Would be an amazing ban reason. "Pointed out the fact that carl called himself a dick"

Carl said:

It wasn't a ban, but Miguel_Zorro gave me this warning on Jan 2016: " (Please don't call people "fucked in the head".) The person I was referring to was permabanned shortly thereafter. Then, brought back briefly about a year later before being permabanned again without infraction. He was just so fucked in the head that the reinstatement was overturned due to being so demonstrably fucked in the head.

Ka-pi96 said:
Ryuu96 said:

We don't have anything so nope.

I figured as much, not the first time it's happened either

The few times it happened to me they usually went through. Maybe it's based on luck.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.