By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Question why allow to run this thread its course? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=236775
I basicly called what it was within in an hour, took another 5 to get it closed

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I want to go on record that I don't think rol's ban was fair. I think it was said in jest, but even if it was serious, it was very mild. People got warned for saying much worse. That said, I think you guys are doing your best and it gets crazy sometimes, so I understand that. It's just this one ban I didn't think was fair. Peace and love, otb.

Do You Think The Moderator Thread Is Serving A Purpose?

Is that the poll? Says that I already voted even though I didn't?

Kerotan said:
Do You Think The Moderator Thread Is Serving A Purpose?

Is that the poll? Says that I already voted even though I didn't?

I don't see a poll at all.

CGI-Quality said:
We removed the Poll to fix it up. Standby.

Roger 

Around the Network

Double Post

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 28 June 2018

What's needless staff criticism?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
vivster said:
What's needless staff criticism?

Read the Forum Rules (Rule 19). 

Or here

That makes it even less clear for me. What is an attack? What's bullying or badgering? Seems like critiquing is allowed. Is too much critiquing an attack or badgering? And what's too much?

Those rules seem superfluous since the described behavior is already be covered by rule 13 and 18 and 20. Rule 19 seems to add a lot of unneeded vagueness that will most likely lead to discussions. Discussions which might work actively against what you are trying to achieve with those new rules.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
vivster said:

That makes it even less clear for me. What is an attack? What's bullying or badgering? Seems like critiquing is allowed. Is too much critiquing an attack or badgering? And what's too much?

Those rules seem superfluous since the described behavior is already be covered by rule 13 and 18 and 20. Rule 19 seems to add a lot of unneeded vagueness that will most likely lead to discussions. Discussions which might work actively against what you are trying to achieve with those new rules.

Negative. Each of those covers what they need to cover. The one about Staff is straightforward: don't give anyone a hard time. We don't mind reasonable criticism, but outright attacks/badgering/bullying etc, etc... isn't going to fly anymore. 

And there aren't multiple new rules. The only thing that wasn't there before were the bullets for Staff Criticism, which was not covered by any of the other rules. It is specific (and we have a thread going up soon that will discuss it in further detail). We already had rules that covered Mods and individual Flaming of users (which are different from continued criticism of Staff). Thus, it was combined with Website Criticism. We don't mind some critiquing, but if you take things to a point, it will be in violation of the rule. It has been happening to Staff a lot lately, and as a result of much discussion with different forms of workers here, this was the best course of action.

You shouldn't have anything to worry about if you aren't someone who causes trouble. :)

That last line is savage 

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

If I might make things a little more clear, staff often sees criticism presented to them in a manner which isn't conducive to a good dialog. If you're coming at us with say, snide comments, or spurious arguments, then you're frankly just getting in the way of actual improvement. Everyone handles it differently, but ultimately it shuts down lines of communication, because people don't want to be dealing with that kind of behavior on a consistent basis. So it's not that staff isn't open to criticism, or that once you cross some sort of threshold, you've hit your limit for criticism we'll hear from you in a given day/week/month/whatever. We're simply asking people to be mindful of the fact that these are actual people, trying to make the site better for everyone in some capacity. Many of them without any form of compensation for their efforts. If you're making a habit of coming at them sideways, or talking down to them, under the guise of "criticism," then that's a problem, and we're going to be stricter on it moving forward.

That at least is my interpretation of the new rule(s). Obviously, insulting, or bullying anyone - regardless of whether or not they're staff - is against the rules across the board.