By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

VGPolyglot said:
Kerotan said:

And several have showed their support.  I'm not sad enough to actually do it but I could easily round up a lot of posters and have them show my support for me in here.  But you prove my point on bias.  You only take into account the moaners and my haters.

So you want an example.  Tbone broke the no contact rule after he returned from a ban for making contact.  This rule was crystal clear.  But the mods showed their bias for him and let him off.  

It's as simple as that.  

I'd say that it's all right to have some controversial views or be confrontational to a little extent, but you've got to learn to pick and choose your battles. Try to balance it out with a least a few nice/friendly things. There are probably people here that don't like me, and that's fine, but on the other hand I try to make sure that I'm on good terms with others as well.

Most of my posts are indeed friendly interactions.  The mods and my haters are trying to paint a false narrative.  It's like the fake news phenomenon has arrived on chartz. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd say that it's all right to have some controversial views or be confrontational to a little extent, but you've got to learn to pick and choose your battles. Try to balance it out with a least a few nice/friendly things. There are probably people here that don't like me, and that's fine, but on the other hand I try to make sure that I'm on good terms with others as well.

Most of my posts are indeed friendly interactions.  The mods and my haters are trying to paint a false narrative.  It's like the fake news phenomenon has arrived on chartz. 

There's not really a false narrative. Just look at your most recent posts in this thread, you can't stop yourself from lashing out at people. Of course, it's understandable to be frustrated at the way people think of you, but you have to present yourself in a softer way. Of course, getting this worked up over video games consoles and preferences is something that I can't really understand in the first place, but it's obvious that you take the console wars personally, so try to calm down a bit before posting.

Hynad said:
Just ban him and be done with it already.

I see we're moving closer to the hive mind mentality of gaf.  Only problem is this site is losing users and not gaining them so unlike gaf it won't bode well for chartz. 

Carl2291 said:
Kerotan said:

And several have showed their support.  I'm not sad enough to actually do it but I could easily round up a lot of posters and have them show my support for me in here.  But you prove my point on bias.  You only take into account the moaners and my haters.

So you want an example.  Tbone broke the no contact rule after he returned from a ban for making contact.  This rule was crystal clear.  But the mods showed their bias for him and let him off.  

It's as simple as that.  

I have PMs with you from August last year where I specifically told you that I've let you (and Chazore) off multiple times for breaking this silly little rule, and funnily enough we had the same discussion on moderator bias back then too, which ended up with you getting banned for getting cocky in PMs.

There is no "bias" against you, PlayStation fans or whoever else you want to roll out.

I'll say it again. Plain and clear, simple and easy. I'm going to run this through the mod team again and I'm going to ask the head mods to keep it in mind for future decisions. There's no real problem with you guys communicating as long as it's not going to cause problems. If there's any hostility, baiting or general trash talk between the lot of you, you're getting moderated. To emphasize this point as it fits in with this recent decision, we decide what's baiting, not you

If you're going to continue on this tangent of moderation being biased against you because you're a PlayStation fan I'm going to ask you to refrain from posting in this thread. If you continue after this, you're getting moderated.

You post a reply with so my flaws that I can easily pick apart for being wrong and you end it with if I bring up mod bias again I'll be banned.  How convenient.  We're pretty much on par with gaf now considering this thread is set up for these exact discussions.  It's not a regular thread.  

You bring up chazore in august to prove your point but it just proved mine.  That incident is one of the ones I was referring too.  For weeks I ignored him while he took jabs at me and nothing was done.  But as soon as I jabbed back I was banned.  

And then you banned me again for being cocky.  But if you read your posts you were being rude and cocky to me so I fired back.  You didn't get banned for that so why should I?  

On tbone incident you made a very clear and specific rule but it's conveniently ignored and now changed when he was going to get a 10 day ban if it was enforced. 

Still no proper explanation in here for that. 

Incase anybody is wondering this is what earned me a week long ban in a pm with Carl.

Kerotan :
Nah trust me a lot of people who don't get moderated aren't happy. Lots of them just leave the site and in future will continue to as a result.

Carl2291 on 28 August 2016
People leave and people join. Always have, always will. It happens to all sites. Get over it.

Stay out of trouble and you won't get moderated, it's fairly simple.

Kerotan on 28 August 2016
Yeah and this site they leave a lot faster then they join.

And yet, you're still here.

So thank me. I keep mods like you relevant.

See, you know how I told you to not push things with Chazore?

You decided to push things with me. Congrats

from Kerotan
Push things? Lol it's a harmless comment in a pm. You just can't pass by any opportunity to moderate me.

How is my comment not true? If there weren't people like me here on the site who get moderated, would the mod team even need to exist. Pretty self explanatory statement and as head mod I thought you'd have a thicker skin than that.

Most mods would just laugh and respond with something witty. But you go and ban me for another week. Cheers.

Ps. That cheers was sarcasm. I don't actually appreciate it, so I'm not asking for another weeks ban.

Carl2291 on 04 September 2016
The irony here is that I wasn't the only mod who agreed you needed a ban.

Just do yourself a favor and drop it already.

Kerotan on 04 September 2016
That doesn't mean much.

Surprised at the patience that Carl and moderators have.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Incase anybody is wondering this is what earned me a week long ban in a pm with Carl.

Kerotan :
Nah trust me a lot of people who don't get moderated aren't happy. Lots of them just leave the site and in future will continue to as a result.

People leave and people join. Always have, always will. It happens to all sites. Get over it.

Stay out of trouble and you won't get moderated, it's fairly simple.

Yeah and this site they leave a lot faster then they join.

And yet, you're still here.

So thank me. I keep mods like you relevant.

See, you know how I told you to not push things with Chazore?

You decided to push things with me. Congrats

from Kerotan
Push things? Lol it's a harmless comment in a pm. You just can't pass by any opportunity to moderate me.

How is my comment not true? If there weren't people like me here on the site who get moderated, would the mod team even need to exist. Pretty self explanatory statement and as head mod I thought you'd have a thicker skin than that.

Most mods would just laugh and respond with something witty. But you go and ban me for another week. Cheers.

Ps. That cheers was sarcasm. I don't actually appreciate it, so I'm not asking for another weeks ban.

Carl2291 on 04 September 2016
The irony here is that I wasn't the only mod who agreed you needed a ban.

Just do yourself a favor and drop it already.

Kerotan on 04 September 2016
That doesn't mean much.

A fundamental understanding from you seems to be the belief that they're getting paid on some sort of quota system. They don't get paid a penny here, I doubt they're trying to find whatever means necessary to ban people. In fact, I hear a lot of people here say how the mods are harsh and too banhappy, yet I've never been banned here, despite not being one to post only harmless things.

Kerooooooooo wtf is going on here o.O

Kerotan said:

You post a reply with so my flaws that I can easily pick apart for being wrong and you end it with if I bring up mod bias again I'll be banned.  How convenient.  We're pretty much on par with gaf now considering this thread is set up for these exact discussions.  It's not a regular thread.  

You bring up chazore in august to prove your point but it just proved mine.  That incident is one of the ones I was referring too.  For weeks I ignored him while he took jabs at me and nothing was done.  But as soon as I jabbed back I was banned.  

And then you banned me again for being cocky.  But if you read your posts you were being rude and cocky to me so I fired back.  You didn't get banned for that so why should I?  

On tbone incident you made a very clear and specific rule but it's conveniently ignored and now changed when he was going to get a 10 day ban if it was enforced. 

Still no proper explanation in here for that. 

The thread is open for discussions regarding moderation providing you have a solid case, Kerotan. 

The point with the Chazore PM is that we aren't just letting people off because they're fans of specific platforms or companies, we let people off based on common sense. We let you off for a lot of things and we let Chazore off with a lot of things. We started to hit you both with the moderations again when it started to become a problem. We shouldn't be moderating people for small, insignificant things because they said something innocent to the wrong person. That's stupid. I mean, you complain that we're turning into GAF yet you're absolutely adamant that we ban tbone for 10 days because he jokingly said you were making the Switch

CGI-Quality was absolutely, 100% correct to not ban tbone for that post. He was correct for removing your first report on it and he was correct for removing the second report you made on it. I'd be willing to back him to the ends of the earth on it.

As of right now you're being disrespectful to myself, to CGI-Quality who handled the issue with you directly and to the rest of the mod team with your arguments of bias. You're being disrespectful and ignoring several other users who are pointing out the flaws in your argument and dismissing any real criticism of your own actions. I asked you to drop it and you ignored me, so you're getting exactly what you deserve. It's time you started taking responsibility for your own actions on this forum.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

A group of people trying to get someone banned and with that they ruined this thread, they kept quoting him until he made a mistake, now after he is permabanned ( will probably hapen  ) , they will all be happy and  they will feel better with themselfs. Cause this is the biggest problem on vgchartz.

One or two people might be trying it, but that's no different to what Kerotan is trying to do with tbone, so it evens itself out. 

The majority are explaining (or trying to explain) the problems with Kerotan's post style and the problems with this argument he has against the team. The sheer fact that several members from different corners of the site have highlighted the problem for him and he's still ignorant to it speaks volumes.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

To be honest at this point you all just ruining the thread, its back and forth with the same things over and over, if he does not learn and if he fucks up again just ban him, but this discussion will get us nowhere from what i see. To me all 3 are no saints and all of them just need to stay away from each other.

What, do Chazore and tbone not get along either?

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

What, do Chazore and tbone not get along either?

There's no tension between Chazore and tbone.

Ah, OK. I assumed that when he said all three he meant Kerotan, tbone and Chazore, and that they all have issues with each other.