By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Moderator Thread

RavenXtra said:
Kerotan said:

This reply would actually have substance if I wasn't replying to Rol.  I don't think this poster seriously so you shouldn't take my replies to him serious either.  But you gave me the benefit of the doubt so I think you knew that.  

Let's just look at the facts.  I've done things in the past that were wrong and I've been moderated heavily for it.  The most recent flag you have is the overly positive Kerotan.  But if you read through my last posts from the past week or two I've contributed very well to Vgchartz both in terms of threads and posts.  I'm still posting positive but not overly.  

So please get with the times and stop throwing out all these "oh if you don't change" lark because my latest contributions have been perfectly fine.  

But I'll tell you what wasn't fine.  Bending your own rules and not banning tbone recently.  Because as I've said if that was me quoting him I definitely would have been banned.  

I've gotten my house in order now it's time to get yours in order too. 

I do love me some deflections

Let's be real here though. You've been a user here since September 2014, do you honestly think a reputation that long is going to be altered significantly after a week or two of laying low and behaving? As far as I'm concerned, this is like the post-rehab phase of a habitual alcoholic or drug addict that acts clean for a few weeks until the spotlight is off them and they can ease back into their same old behaviors. Whether you are genuine about this or not, reputations are difficult to change and sorry but a week or two of "not that bad" or even wholly positive behavior just isn't going to have a large impact.

Feel free to tell me anything you think I need to do, but it doesn't really change your own situation.

Not being rude but I genuinely don't give a shit what others think of me on here.  I'm not trying to change no reputation.  I'm just being me.  

Now while I've been very well behaved the last 2 weeks even before that I've been pretty decent for months now.  

Even during these times of overly positive posts 9/10 are good posts.  It's just I post a lot per day and it's easy to make me look bad when I've a reputation and you can single out a post here and a post there. 

I see some mods above acting like the end of the world is nigh but it really hasn't been that bad.  

And as regards what you can do?  How about don't make rules for me and other users and then suddenly decide they don't apply to them.  

BTW look at the last 20 threads I've made on Vgchartz.  A pretty good contribution to the site.  A lot better then some of the moaners on this thread. They spend more time on Vgchartz crying about Kerotan then they do actually contributing positively. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
RavenXtra said:

I do love me some deflections

Let's be real here though. You've been a user here since September 2014, do you honestly think a reputation that long is going to be altered significantly after a week or two of laying low and behaving? As far as I'm concerned, this is like the post-rehab phase of a habitual alcoholic or drug addict that acts clean for a few weeks until the spotlight is off them and they can ease back into their same old behaviors. Whether you are genuine about this or not, reputations are difficult to change and sorry but a week or two of "not that bad" or even wholly positive behavior just isn't going to have a large impact.

Feel free to tell me anything you think I need to do, but it doesn't really change your own situation.

Not being rude but I genuinely don't give a shit what others think of me on here.  I'm not trying to change no reputation.  I'm just being me.  

Which is why I'm not telling you or threatening you to change, I'm only telling you my observations. Frankly I really don't care whether you listen or not, you'll have to deal with the fallout of your own actions (good or bad) regardless.

Tag, this is a fun thread

RavenXtra said:
Kerotan said:

Which is why I'm not telling you or threatening you to change, I'm only telling you my observations. Frankly I really don't care whether you listen or not, you'll have to deal with the fallout of your own actions (good or bad) regardless.

Yeah didn't aim it at you.  just the general population of chartz.  Many love me,  many hate me and many are indifferent or don't care.  I'm just saying I pay any heed of the fanfare. 

And observations I appreciate.  The mods are too quiet until the meltdowns have already happened.  A pm here and there saying tone this or that down would go a long way to stopping things going too far. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:

You see this is the problem.  They don't like it because I'm a Sony fan and the MS/pc/Nintendo fans throw a wobbler over it.  

But when Nintendo fans do it,  it's cool.  No problem.  Probably because Sony/pc/ms fans don't get annoyed by it as much. But the point is it's the exact same thing.  

Speaking as a Sony fan (although some people (Rol) apparently never even knew I was a Sony fan...) it's not just MS/PC/Nintendo fans that think it's annoying. And Nintendo fans probably do do similar things, but like I said I'm a Sony fan, I don't give a crap about the majority of things that Nintendo put out, I'm not going to click on the majority of Nintendo threads and I'm not going to see most of those pro-Nintendo posts, so if I don't seem them then obviously they're not going to annoy me as much.

Just seems like some of these ultra pro-Sony posters are either really really young (which would make it more understandable, but also back up the idea that nothing they say should ever be taken seriously) or are doing it intentionally. And by intentionally I mean like where you're watching a TV show and the characters are talking but they have subtitles because what they actually mean and what they are saying are so different. They say something like "look at all these amazing sony masterpieces dominating the chart" but they actually mean "ha, look at those shitty Nintendo games doing bad , Nintendo suck so much!".

Oh, and for the record out of all the overly-positive posters out there, I actually think you are one of the least annoying. Don't really see anything wrong with most of your posts I see and although I've heard what goes on between you and tbone in the COMG threads is pretty annoying, I've never looked past the 1st page in that thread so wouldn't even know. But come on, surely even you've got to recognise that your post in Chazore's thread that started this whole thing looks like it had pretty negative intentions right from the off.

I agree on the chazore thing and that's why I said I shouldn't have posted because I looked guilty no matter what.  

Regarding you not thinking I'm annoying in terms of overly positive that's because I'm not.  For a long time now I've toned it down big time,  but as you can see the mods and the usual suspects are blowing it out or proportion trying to build a case from nothing.  

Sadly for them they are months too late so if they wanted to ban me for that they missed the boat.  But don't stress mods there are still a good few on here who still post way too positively and I'd be more then happy to report them all to you to ban. The system needs to be fair and not just for Kerotan. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

However back to my point regarding the mod bias.  Remember you Brought up the fact I reported chazore after he responding like that was my sole aim? When in reality I report it because the moderation system has continuously gone down hard on me and I want to see fairness. There was no sympathy for my positive post that attacked nobody.  like the kind of sympathy you just granted tbone for making contact with me. 

He is just back from a 7 day ban and he goes and breaks the rule he was just banned for.  If that was me it would be happy days for the mod team. High fives all round.  Yes lads we got him,  10 day ban for Kerotan.  2 claps and a Rick flair.... WOOOOOOOOO!

I've been putting up with this moderation bias for years.  Certain posters who the mods like let off. Now you see why I want them banned.  Not because I don't like tbone but because I dislike the system that has treated me unfairly time and time again.  Bravo. 

#BringBackSmeags

Kerotan said:

You see this is the problem.  They don't like it because I'm a Sony fan and the MS/pc/Nintendo fans throw a wobbler over it.  

But when Nintendo fans do it,  it's cool.  No problem.  Probably because Sony/pc/ms fans don't get annoyed by it as much. But the point is it's the exact same thing.  

Can you give me some examples of users who the mods like to let off?

The moment your argument turns into "the mod team is biased against me because I'm a PlayStation fan!", is the moment your argument fails.

There's not much more I need to say. The situation has been explained to you multiple times and several other users have also expressed how they feel about your recent posts/ actions, including PlayStation fans. If you can't see the problem, then that's entirely your problem and it's only going to land you in further trouble in the future.

Carl2291 said:
Kerotan said:

However back to my point regarding the mod bias.  Remember you Brought up the fact I reported chazore after he responding like that was my sole aim? When in reality I report it because the moderation system has continuously gone down hard on me and I want to see fairness. There was no sympathy for my positive post that attacked nobody.  like the kind of sympathy you just granted tbone for making contact with me. 

He is just back from a 7 day ban and he goes and breaks the rule he was just banned for.  If that was me it would be happy days for the mod team. High fives all round.  Yes lads we got him,  10 day ban for Kerotan.  2 claps and a Rick flair.... WOOOOOOOOO!

I've been putting up with this moderation bias for years.  Certain posters who the mods like let off. Now you see why I want them banned.  Not because I don't like tbone but because I dislike the system that has treated me unfairly time and time again.  Bravo. 

#BringBackSmeags

Kerotan said:

The moment your argument turns into "the mod team is biased against me because I'm a PlayStation fan!", is the moment your argument fails.

There's not much more I need to say. The situation has been explained to you multiple times and several other users have also expressed how they feel about your recent posts/ actions, including PlayStation fans. If you can't see the problem, then that's entirely your problem and it's only going to land you in further trouble in the future.

And several have showed their support.  I'm not sad enough to actually do it but I could easily round up a lot of posters and have them show my support for me in here.  But you prove my point on bias.  You only take into account the moaners and my haters.

So you want an example.  Tbone broke the no contact rule after he returned from a ban for making contact.  This rule was crystal clear.  But the mods showed their bias for him and let him off.  

It's as simple as that.  

Just ban him and be done with it already.

Kerotan said:
Carl2291 said:

And several have showed their support.  I'm not sad enough to actually do it but I could easily round up a lot of posters and have them show my support for me in here.  But you prove my point on bias.  You only take into account the moaners and my haters.

So you want an example.  Tbone broke the no contact rule after he returned from a ban for making contact.  This rule was crystal clear.  But the mods showed their bias for him and let him off.  

It's as simple as that.  

I'd say that it's all right to have some controversial views or be confrontational to a little extent, but you've got to learn to pick and choose your battles. Try to balance it out with a least a few nice/friendly things. There are probably people here that don't like me, and that's fine, but on the other hand I try to make sure that I'm on good terms with others as well.

Kerotan said:

It's as simple as that.  

I have PMs with you from August last year where I specifically told you that I've let you (and Chazore) off multiple times for breaking this silly little rule, and funnily enough we had the same discussion on moderator bias back then too, which ended up with you getting banned for getting cocky in PMs.

There is no "bias" against you, PlayStation fans or whoever else you want to roll out.

I'll say it again. Plain and clear, simple and easy. I'm going to run this through the mod team again and I'm going to ask the head mods to keep it in mind for future decisions. There's no real problem with you guys communicating as long as it's not going to cause problems. If there's any hostility, baiting or general trash talk between the lot of you, you're getting moderated. To emphasize this point as it fits in with this recent decision, we decide what's baiting, not you

If you're going to continue on this tangent of moderation being biased against you because you're a PlayStation fan I'm going to ask you to refrain from posting in this thread. If you continue after this, you're getting moderated.