By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
VGPolyglot said:
So, I saw that the Something Awful forums have people's ban history as public, and I think that should be the case here too. There are a few benefits I'd see to this:

1. More transparency - It allows for the community to feel more open and upfront
2. More context - More recent bans will be easier to understand if the prior moderation history is able to be seen, and will make it easier for users to understand the conduct that is expected to avoid further bans
3. More clarity - Some permabanned users were unbanned then re-banned, however since the moderation history cannot be seen the reason for the permaban in the first place is unknown unless the mod who writes the note decides to include it.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours spoiler it's super exciting

Mod History for The_Yoda

DateModeratorTypeReasonOutcomePostId
No moderations on file

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

Where did I step over the forum rules? Exactly? By asking you to leave me alone?

You responded to me in that thread (you can claim I was "alluding to you" or whatever - irrelevant), and as promised, I ignored you. Did you see how that easy that was?

Now - you try it. Stop talking to me. Stop talking about me. Find something or somebody new to troll, ok?

It's up to the mod team to explain to you how you stepped over the line. I am not interested in getting you moderated, but I want at least one person of the mod team to talk with you in private.

I did say that it was me who responded to you in that particular instance, so there's no argument here. You didn't ignore me for long though, so I don't think it's an easy thing to do for you. I don't need to stop talking to you or about you when I don't hold the stance that you are a user who should be ignored.

Did you like my Google spreadsheet?

I know this wasn't aimed at me but it is interesting, I didn't spend a great deal of time there. Are you going to add the link to your OP?

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
RolStoppable said:

The easiest method to find out is to ask directly. There are three major races: Caucasian, mongolian and negroid.

Is there a race that is superior to negroid?

Going by your originated terminology you also missed Australoid and Native Americans "races" and they genetically significant populations according to Noah Rosenberg ... 

VGPolyglot said:

OK, let's ask. Do you find whites superior to blacks?

"Whites" and "Blacks" ? LOL, don't take me as someone who is feeble minded enough to fall into those simplifications. If you meant Sub-Sahara African or European ancestry then your question becomes more plausible ... 

@Bold I could ask you both the same question as well but since this is not a one way relationship I may ask the reverse as well ... ("Is there a race that is superior to caucasoid" ? "Do you find blacks superior to whites" ?)

I've also got another question for both you, what do guys believe to be defined as "superior" with respect to one or another population ? How would you guys go about benchmarking humans while statistically aggregating the result too ? Just what exactly are the performance metrics for "race" ? 

VGPolyglot said:
fatslob-:O said:

Going by your originated terminology you also missed Australoid and Native Americans "races" and they genetically significant populations according to Noah Rosenberg ... 

"Whites" and "Blacks" ? LOL, don't take me as someone who is feeble minded enough to fall into those simplifications. If you meant Sub-Sahara African or European ancestry then your question becomes more plausible ... 

@Bold I could ask you both the same question as well but since this is not a one way relationship I may ask the reverse as well ... ("Is there a race that is superior to caucasoid" ? "Do you find blacks superior to whites" ?)

I've also got another question for both you, what do guys believe to be defined as "superior" with respect to one or another population ? How would you guys go about benchmarking humans while statistically aggregating the result too ? Just what exactly are the performance metrics for "race" ? 

So, you refuse to respond to a question as simple as that.

Because your question can't be answered with a simple yes or no and not because he is a racist. 

Some races have higher IQ, on average, than the rest. Some races have bigger tools, on average, than the rest. Some are longer, some are shorter etc. So fatslob can't answer your question with a simple yes or no. No matter how inconvenient it is, if we are going by a determined metric, some race is superior than the rest (again, on average). I disagree with Fatslob a lot and I think his approach to any discussion can be too mathematical. But peddling racial statistics, that some might find inconvenient, doesn't make one racist.

I think the only time I thought he was going too far when he was arguing that having a higher IQ means you're superior to others and that you'll achieve more in life or something. But looking at the questions he asked you above, he seems to acknowledge there are other metrics to go by, therefore, he wasn't able to answer your question. So even if I detected hints of racism in his opinion in the past, it doesn't mean he holds the same opinion right now. Behold the power of the free-market of ideas! Who knew It could change people's minds! 

Pro tip: a racist will never change his mind... 

LurkerJ said:

Pro tip: a racist will never change his mind... 

Nah, that's not true and the same holds for vice versa. Nothing in the real world has to be indefinitely certain aside from maybe the physical laws ... 

Hell, one day the concept of eugenics may gain popularity again given the progression of medical science therefore modern society could very likely come to reconcile with an aspect common to nazism ironically. It becomes too tempting to not consider the idea of germline modification once we get better at the identification and come with superior disposable tools ... 

When I look at genetically modified crops I'm a firm believer that we can do far more than just discarding embyros right now ...

RolStoppable said:

What are you arguing for? Your post contradicts itself.

He's basically arguing that "superiority" is rooted in a subjective basis ... 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235268

I am predicting it right now. This is going to be a fun thread for the next couple weeks.........

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I gotta say this ban seems kind of harsh http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8757003
Jokes about "Latin Americans" being Americans who speak Latin aren't exactly new and I've never seen anybody banned for that before.

But he dissed anime!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
I gotta say this ban seems kind of harsh http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8757003
Jokes about "Latin Americans" being Americans who speak Latin aren't exactly new and I've never seen anybody banned for that before.

The comment was either made in ignorance or faux ignorance done for shock value, unless you really think there’s a fair argument that Japanese is a dead language or Dragonball is an obscure IP. I found it on the hairy edge of warning and 1-day ban for mild trolling, but leaned towards the latter due to the user’s history.

I don’t know what you’re referencing with the Latin America comment, but like most “what about?” defenses, I’d guess it’s a combination of different circumstances, user history, or just that the moderation team never saw the potential offense.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Ka-pi96 said:

Dragoball being an obscure IP is a dumb argument, but I don't think that's ban worthy. Although I thought it was pretty clear he was referring to Latin by saying "dead language" rather than Japanese, that's why I mentioned Latin American. Feigning ignorance and joking about American's who speak Latin, instead of the intended meaning of Americans of French/Spanish/Portuguese heritage isn't uncommon, I've even done similar jokes here when people have asked what "Latin American" means.

I see now, I misunderstood his statement. I still would find calling “Latin American” a dead language to be trolling though, since the person he was replying to was only speaking about the region and not the language (which I would assume speak a variation of Spanish or Portuguese anyway).

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Dragoball being an obscure IP is a dumb argument, but I don't think that's ban worthy. Although I thought it was pretty clear he was referring to Latin by saying "dead language" rather than Japanese, that's why I mentioned Latin American. Feigning ignorance and joking about American's who speak Latin, instead of the intended meaning of Americans of French/Spanish/Portuguese heritage isn't uncommon, I've even done similar jokes here when people have asked what "Latin American" means.

I see now, I misunderstood his statement. I still would find calling “Latin American” a dead language to be trolling though, since the person he was replying to was only speaking about the region and not the language (which I would assume speak a variation of Spanish or Portuguese anyway).

Latin Americans are people from regions originally colonized by Portugal and Spain (languages that are very close in structure and vocabulary to Latin).

There's no one actually speaking Latin at all (no more than in the US or UK, at least).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I'd suggest that any official moderation activity that is posted within a thread be given some sort of tag so that users know what's going on. Something as simple as *moderation* or *warning* would do the trick. In some cases, comments that are made by moderators in a normal, conversational style are considered official acts. This confuses me, and likely confuses others as well. Several times I've had to look for the moderator badge to determine whether a comment was joking, trolling, or moderating.