By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Numberwang has a clear anti-left, far right agenda and most of his threads are just hit pieces. Of course he never reveals his own opinion about those things because he knows they will get him in trouble in this forum. Looking at his thread history shows hitpiece after hitpiece against the left, PC culture, equality, multiculturalsim etc.

His most famous British "rape culture" thread was nothing more than an attack against foreign minorities and the allegedly inaction of evil leftists, insinuating that people were deliberately covering up the crimes. All the while hiding behind this "innocent" post about a terrible tragedy. Mods came into the thread believing the thread was about the victims when it was a thinly veiled attack against an ideology he doesn't agree with, using the victims as his political playballs. But by never saying a thing, he could just claim it was all about the poor victims when he himself knows that wasn't true.

Now I'm not sure if the mods deliberately ignored the true intention of the thread to just calm things down or if it was ignorance. Future handling of his threads could be easily improved by having a look in Numberwang's thread and posting history to see his clear agenda and his obvious disinterest in any kind of meaningful disussion.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I want to add. He brings out the worst people forward too. I was attacked for a misunderstanding in one of his threads (though understandable) but it went way beyond what is normal on a video games sales website. Some were talking about graphic violence and expressed immense bigoted views. A thread should encourage debate, but rather, it keeps people away when you know people like that are there. Also, what annoys me is the cherry picking of information. It is easy to copy and paste a single paragraph from a single source from a single website. It is almost impossible to debate in a thread that is framed in a certain way. Have the courage to post other sources. Lay them all out, then let people debate with all info laid on the table.

Ka-pi96 said:
Aeolus451 said:
An OP posting a thread without any initial input is kinda normal here. Hell, most OPs don't even post or participate in their own threads.

Not only is it normal, but it's the best kind of thread! When people are posting news or charts (the majority of the threads here) I don't want to see their opinion I want to actually see the news/charts in the OP! If they want to comment on it then they can make a 2nd post, and if it's just somebody reporting news but not commenting on it... so what? If the news is worth discussing then it will be a good thread anyway, and if nobody gives a shit it will soon die out.

Hmm. I agree with that. In news threads, they should participate in it. 

VGPolyglot said:

So, Numberwang posted this thread, and then in the OP didn't say anything about his opinion other than a vague "democracy dies in darkness":
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235364

That's after a soy thread he made too which had vague intentions. In general, he makes these drive-by/hit and run posts/threads that may appear harmless in isolation but when taken in context there is a pattern. I think that if he's going to make threads that he should at least have to provide more of his own input.

Edit: and even then, his "input" is just taking the slogan of the site and inserting into his post.

You forgot to hit the report button before writing this.

Yo, you guys going to do anything? I know you guys have seen the reports and are active. The people here have also reported said thread. It's a hit-and-run thread for the purpose of sowing discord on the site. I know that politics ain't a fun thing to deal with as a mod -but you can't ignore them. Because all these political topics have served as is a refugee camp for trolls banned from gaming discussion. There is no regulation or moderation for the topic at all. It's gotten worse and worse. Hire a mod that'll work on politics exclusively if you hate the topic so much. Either that or remove it all together. But, at the very least -do something. It's a growing cancer in this community.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, Numberwang posted this thread, and then in the OP didn't say anything about his opinion other than a vague "democracy dies in darkness":
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235364

That's after a soy thread he made too which had vague intentions. In general, he makes these drive-by/hit and run posts/threads that may appear harmless in isolation but when taken in context there is a pattern. I think that if he's going to make threads that he should at least have to provide more of his own input.

Edit: and even then, his "input" is just taking the slogan of the site and inserting into his post.

No, I didn't. I reported the post almost right after the thread was made (or at least when there were only like 3 posts in it), and I even saw CGI's post in the overrated game thread so I know that there have been mods on the site since then. I've even been told by someone else that he reported it too, so you're wrong.

VGPolyglot said:
Hynad said:

No, I didn't. I reported the post almost right after the thread was made (or at least when there were only like 3 posts in it), and I even saw CGI's post in the overrated game thread so I know that there have been mods on the site since then. I've even been told by someone else that he reported it too, so you're wrong.

Yeah. And you come here to report it again, and/or complain that mods aren't doing exactly what you want when you want them to do it.

For all we know, it's Sunday and most mods have been busy doing something else.

Hynad said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah. And you come here to report it again, and/or complain that mods aren't doing exactly what you want when you want them to do it.

Yeah, that's what this thread is for. To bring up issues we have in regards to moderations (or the lack thereof) on the site.

Hynad said:
VGPolyglot said:

For all we know, it's Sunday and most mods have been busy doing something else.

Also, I brought it up here because of this post:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8761229

So, I do know that the reports have been seen in regards to that thread, so I am wondering if it's been the same for the thread I brought up.

vivster said:

Numberwang has a clear anti-left, far right agenda and most of his threads are just hit pieces. Of course he never reveals his own opinion about those things because he knows they will get him in trouble in this forum. Looking at his thread history shows hitpiece after hitpiece against the left, PC culture, equality, multiculturalsim etc.

His most famous British "rape culture" thread was nothing more than an attack against foreign minorities and the allegedly inaction of evil leftists, insinuating that people were deliberately covering up the crimes. All the while hiding behind this "innocent" post about a terrible tragedy. Mods came into the thread believing the thread was about the victims when it was a thinly veiled attack against an ideology he doesn't agree with, using the victims as his political playballs. But by never saying a thing, he could just claim it was all about the poor victims when he himself knows that wasn't true.

Now I'm not sure if the mods deliberately ignored the true intention of the thread to just calm things down or if it was ignorance. Future handling of his threads could be easily improved by having a look in Numberwang's thread and posting history to see his clear agenda and his obvious disinterest in any kind of meaningful disussion.

I disagree with the bolded part in particular. The thread was informative and the discussion was needed. Crimes of that nature shouldn't be tolerated by any nation, much less allowed to continue for 40 plus years.