By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Bristow9091 said:

StarOcean said: 

This thread will be have been up for two days starting tonight. I know you guys just don’t like dealing with them. That’s not a criticism though. I know the sorta bullshit that happens when you close or ban people in them. You get called names, threatened, spammed, labeled, etc. you name it. It sucks. But at the same time, these threads do need to be moderated better. We all know it. We don’t have anyone for that though. None of us are political commentators, we’re gamers first and foremost. But would it be a bad idea to get a mod who worked exclusively for politics?

I think the rules need to be more enforced or at least we need more rules for these kinds of threads. But at the same time I call in to question these threads existence due to the fact no one wants to deal with them. You don’t, the people of the site don’t. This is a gaming site, we aren’t equipped for political moderation. That’s why it takes so long to deal with these situations. 

Also, that last part, ha ha... very funny

First part; Yeah it's never fun doing your job and getting abuse and shit hurled at you... although I do think we're being harsher when it comes to political threads, even if there are some we're missing, we're working on it, and this thread aside, I think it's showing (I did close that thread by the way)

Second part; I actually had a small conversation with @Ryuu (Yeah I'm tagging you, deal with it!) about the rules revolving around controversial threads. This has been noted and I guess we'll see what happens... personally I don't think EVERY thread needs an opinion piece in the OP if they're linking an article with an excerpt, although I think it should be a requirement if it's a controversial topic. Haven't heard what anyone else has to say about that yet though, but talking about it is the first step, right?

Third part; It honestly wasn't meant as anything, I guess I just have a limited vocabulary, lol :P 

Without the 96 I don't even know if he'll be tagged And thanks for taking a look into it guys

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
This thread is getting abused, this thread should not be the place to complain about certain users. Neither for why does moderating hasnt happend yet? The moderating team is not your personal service even if you feel they are.
The very first incarnation was based on actual bans and feedback on those and i think it should go back to that purpose and stop all this backseat modding which is a funnily enough a forum rule

I'm pretty sure the very definition of a moderator is a servant for the community. You know, like a policeman defending against terrorists is a servant for the people.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bandorr said:
The ban note for "John2290" links to Yoshiboots saying "I have never played final fantasy game or metal gear solid game".

Feels like that is a mistake.

Hmm, I guess that's a warning from Bristow for those who don't play Final Fantasy

vivster said:
kirby007 said:
This thread is getting abused, this thread should not be the place to complain about certain users. Neither for why does moderating hasnt happend yet? The moderating team is not your personal service even if you feel they are.
The very first incarnation was based on actual bans and feedback on those and i think it should go back to that purpose and stop all this backseat modding which is a funnily enough a forum rule

I'm pretty sure the very definition of a moderator is a servant for the community. You know, like a policeman defending against terrorists is a servant for the people.

but not for the ones who cry wolf  :p

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ryuu96 said:
Bandorr said:
The ban note for "John2290" links to Yoshiboots saying "I have never played final fantasy game or metal gear solid game".

Feels like that is a mistake.

Yeah, we have a lot of issues with articles

Correct link: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/275557/hellblade-senuas-sacrifice-coming-to-xbox-one-on-april-11-features-xbox-one-x-enhancements/

Only 2 comments but them dislikes though xD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

How's March been for everyone?

Carl2291 said:

Shit. None of my reports ended in bans. T_T

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

So seventizz i understand the reason why he is banned, but looks like he got baited. Length seems bit out of proportion

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Carl2291 said:

Well, it's only one week until we can see the immediate effects again

VGPolyglot said:
Carl2291 said:

Well, it's only one week until we can see the immediate effects again

I think things have been largely the same TBH.....then again, I don't frequent the COMG or Amazon threads. It's a shame really. I think the Sea Of Thieves launch would have been a super fun time for him.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."