By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I still like Rols most recent note :D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
I still like Rols most recent note :D

Was it a good one?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

RolStoppable said:
Azuren said:

Was it a good one?

Not really. He and TalonMan had no grasp of how moderation works, so it was easy to see through all of it.

and he used proper spelling aswell

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RavenXtra said:

It's there because it tries to bridge the gap between both sides. It shows a current ban out of transparency so the community can see why a ban has taken place and knows it wasn't because a moderator decided to just go HAM and abuse their power. It disappears and becomes hidden afterwards because someone's mistake shouldn't be a public tool for others to use against that user for the rest of their time on VGC, long after the infraction takes place. I would say it's entirely practical.

Ryuu96 said:
Sounds like a thread which would be a convenient, easy to access place where users can see in full display what makes another user tick to then go on and use that for baiting, further backseat moderating and mocking of a users *past* mistakes, some users do change and they are entitled to that privacy, not to have it on full display to the entire community to hang it over their head for the rest of their time on VGC.

The negatives far outweigh the positives.

Ka-pi96 said:

Or we could always just follow this small piece of advice...

RolStoppable said:
Azuren said:

Was it a good one?

Not really. He and TalonMan had no grasp of how moderation works, so it was easy to see through all of it.

To be fair, I feel like your testimony might be a tad biased.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Azuren said:

To be fair, I feel like your testimony might be a tad biased.

I received four PMs with different versions of "Moderation" from TalonMan.

Why?

TalonMan said:
VGPolyglot said:

If it's their business, why are there even ban notes at all? 

This was added about 10 years ago to satisfy those users that had reported someone, so that they knew action was taken - period. It was never meant to embarrass people, drag their names through the mud, or make moderations public. I don't know why anyone would want those moderations made public, except to satisfy some weird urge - like combing through somebody's personal diary. It's not going to change, and not "because it's always been that way", but because it's simply not fair to do that to people.

How about the user that's made mistakes in the past but cleaned up their act? Should they still have their reputation in this community damaged by exposing some past transgressions? Please - let this dog lie.

I still don't agree with it, but I'll stop bringing it up.

For the viewers at home keeping score, that's the third time he moved on. Tune in next time to see the thrilling conclusion.

Last edited by vivster - on 16 March 2018

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
TalonMan said:

He didn't bring up my name - YOU did, because you  just can't seem to get past me. And I'm so sorry for ya... :(

And now the tag is gone for good - happy? I swear, you never seem to realize that maybe it's best to sometimes quit while you're behind...

You were involved in the moderation that was being talked about, so avoiding your name wasn't really an option.

As for me being behind, it's crystal clear in this case that you only hold an advantage because of your admin powers. Winning like that is nothing to be proud of.

So you are blaming me for this? The great rol being tricked by lil ol me?

Edit by showing your moderation history like vgp suggested this could have been avoided 

Last edited by kirby007 - on 16 March 2018

Rol. Talon.

Stop.