By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ka-pi96 said:
kirby007 said:
I just read the rules and if they are literally enforced and i claim black people are better at basketball then asians i get a moderation... wow whens the last time those were updated

You got that from "Insulting a person's religion, religious beliefs, race, sex, sexuality, nationality, political beliefs, gaming preferences, etc. Debate is encouraged, as is civil disagreement, but respect the beliefs and opinions of others. Insulting any group without proper justification.", "Insulting any group without proper justification.", "Using any racial or sexuality-based slurs, even if you are not using them maliciously." and " Moderators will look at overt discrimination very harshly. Blatant forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other sort of hatred towards a group of people(s) will not be tolerated, and will be met with firm moderation."? Can`t see any other racism related ones there.

I don`t see anything particularly insulting or blatantly racist there. Saying Asians suck at basketball would be insulting, but saying black people are better shouldn`t really count as an insult. Maybe it should just be treated the same as gaming stuff here. Saying something is better than something else is fine, saying something is bad is also fine as long as reasons are provided (and you`re not a dick about it).

On that basis I kind of find the attacks against fatslob wrong in a way. He doesn't really do himself any favours with how vague he can be, all the question dodging and certainly not the jokes. But discussing racial differences, and possible strengths/weaknesses shouldn't be an issue for anyone. Just firstly, don't be a dick about it and secondly if you're going to go much into the strengths/weaknesses (particularly weaknesses) part, obviously do it in a thread where it fits the context, but also actually use some evidence to back it up.

Your goddamn right

Last edited by kirby007 - on 13 March 2018

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
kirby007 said:
I just read the rules and if they are literally enforced and i claim black people are better at basketball then asians i get a moderation... wow whens the last time those were updated

Of course you'd get a moderation - that is racism. What part of that surprises you?

I just realized I have no clue where the rules are, but I'm assuming blatant racism is covered by them.

Read kapis post

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:

don't be a dick 

What the forum rules page can be condensed down to.

Bandorr said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You got that from "Insulting a person's religion, religious beliefs, race, sex, sexuality, nationality, political beliefs, gaming preferences, etc. Debate is encouraged, as is civil disagreement, but respect the beliefs and opinions of others. Insulting any group without proper justification.", "Insulting any group without proper justification.", "Using any racial or sexuality-based slurs, even if you are not using them maliciously." and " Moderators will look at overt discrimination very harshly. Blatant forms of racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other sort of hatred towards a group of people(s) will not be tolerated, and will be met with firm moderation."? Can`t see any other racism related ones there.

I don`t see anything particularly insulting or blatantly racist there. Saying Asians suck at basketball would be insulting, but saying black people are better shouldn`t really count as an insult. Maybe it should just be treated the same as gaming stuff here. Saying something is better than something else is fine, saying something is bad is also fine as long as reasons are provided (and you`re not a dick about it).

On that basis I kind of find the attacks against fatslob wrong in a way. He doesn't really do himself any favours with how vague he can be, all the question dodging and certainly not the jokes. But discussing racial differences, and possible strengths/weaknesses shouldn't be an issue for anyone. Just firstly, don't be a dick about it and secondly if you're going to go much into the strengths/weaknesses (particularly weaknesses) part, obviously do it in a thread where it fits the context, but also actually use some evidence to back it up.

Saying all black people are better at basketball than Asians is racist.  It is both blatant (tastelessly conspicuous), and racist. You are implying that one race is better at something because of their skin, and possibly implying that another is inferior.

Not because of their skin but bc of their height......

Jokes aside here you are already implying stuff that isnt  written. lets take the best basketball league in the world who will you encounter there more?

Nowhere in that statement im implying asians cant basketball or that all blacks can

Are you serious?

Around the Network

I suppose i cant say atleast i know who the nagger was who found that amazing and widespread south park joke not amusing

Edit which fyi i got unbanned for and even an excuse thank you very much

Bandorr said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Saying all black people are better at basketball than Asians is racist.  It is both blatant (tastelessly conspicuous), and racist. You are implying that one race is better at something because of their skin, and possibly implying that another is inferior.

A skin color doesn't grant super powers but there's biological differences between races. A race on average can be better at something than others is not racist. It's just a statistical fact. Noticing and identifying differences between races is not racist. People shouldn't be getting upset or implying malicious intent over this.

Aeolus451 said:
Bandorr said:

A skin color doesn't grant super powers but there's biological differences between races. A race on average can be better at something than others is not racist. It's just a statistical fact. Noticing and identifying differences between races is not racist. People shouldn't be getting upset or implying malicious intent over this.

This. I can't stand people that get offended by anything.

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
Are you serious?

I am afraid he is.

The reality is that racists aren't the only problematic users, but people who are obsessively politcally correct are as well. So should the time come that the VGC mod team is as active in political threads as it is in gaming discussions, it will be important that the extremes of both sides get addressed.

It seems like a false equivalence, I'd say that extreme racism and extreme anti-racism aren't equally bad.

VGPolyglot said:
RolStoppable said:

I am afraid he is.

The reality is that racists aren't the only problematic users, but people who are obsessively politcally correct are as well. So should the time come that the VGC mod team is as active in political threads as it is in gaming discussions, it will be important that the extremes of both sides get addressed.

It seems like a false equivalence, I'd say that extreme racism and extreme anti-racism aren't equally bad.

Extreme racism is easy. Guy is being extremely racist. That's it, punish as necessary from there.

Extreme anti-racism, though? I'm sure it finds a bunch of closet racists who weren't hurting anyone, which you could take or leave how you will. I'm equally sure that normal people who misspoke are occasionally punished as severely as those unironically dropping N bombs. But the big problem with extreme anti-racists is most of them have no fucking idea what racism is.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames