By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

I waited over a day with none of the mods responding, though.

fatslob was moderated because his post went too far. There isn't anything for you to defend. We handled it.

But does his most recent post in the thread also go too far? He outright avoided the question, and his response is fairly clear.

Around the Network

CGI-Quality said:
RolStoppable said: 

Not quite. VGPolyglot was the person who brought up a fatslob post that led to a moderation. Subsequently, VGPolyglot was the person who got called out specifically by fatslob.

Silence from the mod team leaves the door open for two interpretations on an equal level:

1. The mod team does not respond because they consider the moderation justified.
2. The mod team does not respond because in light of new testimony/evidence they struggle to come up with a explanation that the moderation was justified.

That's why an answer from the mod team is necessary, even in cases where it's 100% option 1.

Double jeopardy should apply here. The recent discussion was not about getting fatslob moderated again, but merely about evaluating if his recent moderation was justified or not. Of course this whole event would have been much shorter if the mod team had participated right away.

Or, if some of you exercised a little more patience and allowed us to evaluate all ends of the spectrum, things might go a little smoother. We don't constantly need to be reminded by you that we didn't 'act quick enough'. I also don't need you telling me how moderators are supposed to do their job(s).

Yea it's  annoying. Seems like he's complaining 24 hours in here.  

Anyway i made a bet with someone for a life time ban, he gets a one month ban if he loses, will you guys honor this, is it allowed?

quickrick said:

Anyway i made a bet with someone for a life time ban, he gets a one month ban if he loses, will you guys honor this, is it allowed?

You can't request bans anymore, so I imagine that applies to bets as well, don't think they will enforce them. Probably won't enforce avatar or sig control either.

CGI-Quality said:
RolStoppable said:

The back and forth had been going on for over a day and the mod team didn't comment until an explicit request was posted that the mod team should comment. If this were any other thread, then explanations like "have more patience" or "we weren't aware of it" would have merit, but this the #1 thread on this website as far as mod team awareness goes.

This also happens to be the thread where the community is supposed to comment on moderation in general, so it's to be expected that I and others will "tell you how moderators are supposed to do their jobs." In the infancy of this specific case, had a member of the mod team said that fatslob's moderation was justified, then the discussion wouldn't have grown into something bigger. I stand by that.

Only you persistently tell people how to do their jobs, Rol. So don't try to piggyback off of this being: 'The Moderator Thread'. Now I can't, and won't, speak for other Mods, but I've been rather busy the last few days and approached this when I could and I won't apologize for that.

If you'd like anything else, VGP, I'll be happy to help where I can. If we made an error, we'll do what we can to fix it.

The reason why I'm more aggressive/persistent in this is because I'm a little upset and frustrated, I feel that the political threads have been taken over by racists and that they have been able to get away with it by dodging the questions or being vague when their post history makes it very clear what they mean and what their intent is.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

The reason why I'm more aggressive/persistent in this is because I'm a little upset and frustrated, I feel that the political threads have been taken over by racists and that they have been able to get away with it by dodging the questions or being vague when their post history makes it very clear what they mean and what their intent is.

Well I can understand that. Our efforts are still thin when it comes to those topics (many of The Mods just don't want to have to face that monstrous hassle, much of the time). 

That said, right now, we're discussing that in Modchat (among other things). I won't say names, but numbers are almost up. I know I won't stand for bigotry of any kind and will act beyond a Warning if I catch it. 

OK, I'll try to do more on my part and report posts too when I see them, though it's a bit hard for me as I don't tend to like reporting posts that are part of a discussion with me.

CGI-Quality said:
RolStoppable said:

That's human nature. Complaints are ten times more likely to be voiced than gratitude.

And much more likely to be ignored. :D

In all seriousness, I'm happy to view issues here. Yes, that is our job and this is a Public Topic. But, a little appreciation sometimes can make all  the difference in the world.

quickrick said: 

Yea it's  annoying. Seems like he's complaining 24 hours in here.  

Yeah, we stopped doing Requested Permabans. That said, I'd be happy to honor other forms of a bet, so long as it isn't a potential gateway to personal attacks.

No bans at all in bets? or only permabans not allowed?

I just read the rules and if they are literally enforced and i claim black people are better at basketball then asians i get a moderation... wow whens the last time those were updated

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
I just read the rules and if they are literally enforced and i claim black people are better at basketball then asians i get a moderation... wow whens the last time those were updated

This comes back to me saying for the last 6 years that the rule page isn't to be taken as literal fact but a mere guideline and it's why I always laugh when people try shove the rule page in our faces when they get banned for something that's not necessarily covered by what's in the "Rules" section.

RolStoppable said:

You can include australoids and native Americans if that helps you to answer my question. I was merely listing what I learned in documentations of forensics where a distinction between only three races is made to narrow down the identity of a discovered skeleton.

You evaded the question in a pretty complicated matter. If you believe the subject is too complex to answer the question with simply a "yes" or "no", you are free to support your answer with a comprehensive explanation. Given the effort you've made in this thread so far, it can be ruled out that you are short on time.

I don't consider blacks superior to whites, so I can answer such a question with a simple "no".

Here's my defense in all this mess ...

It's a difficult enough endeavor to convince the demographic across this site to even get them consider the possibility that "races" are not purely social constructs with respect to the evidence we have for the frequencies of these genetic markers or let alone finding a definition for "superior" in this case because what we then look for as "superior" in the face of many qualitative or quantitative parameters becomes subjective ... 

To answer your question of "Is there a race that is superior to negroid ?" directly, the correct answer would be "I simply don't know" because I don't have any defined criteria or a consensus of what is "superior" to say for certain whether or not it is the case ... 

Therefore I do not believe that VGP's underhanded tactics of defamation through his accusation of racism against me is justified nor do I find his ideological manhunt attempting to backseat moderate me again as shown in the last few posts to be acceptable in the slightest ... 

As for my sarcastic post in the past, I got moderated for it anyways ...