By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Scorpio own the PS4Pro in EVERY hardware category?

TheGreatOther said:
walsufnir said:

While this is totally subjective, this is not what you write in the beginning.

This really isn't subjective though. PS4 objectively has a much bigger exclusive library.

You can argue that PS4 has a lot of shovelware, but even if we discount the crap and just look at PS4/XB1 exclsuives which have a "good" metascore (which metacritic defines as games with a 75+ rating) there's no contest, see for yourself...

I'll even break them up in seperate categories for those who're going to differentiate between what type of exclsuive it is, and those who don't consider indies to be real games.

***Retail Exclusives***

XB1 (Full Exclusivity):

Halo 5 (84)

Sunset Overdrive (81)

Forza 5 (79)

PS4 (Full Exclusivity):

Uncharted 4 (93)

Bloodborne (92)

Ratchet & Clank (86)

King of Fighters XIV (82)

Disgaea 5 (80)

inFAMOUS: 2nd Son (80)

Until Dawn (79)

XB1 (Console/Platform Exclusivity):

Forza 6 (87)

Titanfall (86)

Forza horizon 2 (86)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (86)

Halo: MCC (85)

Rare Replay (84)

Gear of War: UE (83)

Dead rising 3 (78)

Fantasia Music Evolved (77)

Quantum Break (77)

PS4 (Console/Platform Exclusivity):

The Last of Us (95)

The Talos Principle (88)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (87)

Uncharted: NDC (86)

FFXIV ARR (86)

Valkyria Chronicles (85)

MLB The Show 16 (84)

Guilty Gear XRD (84)

FFX/X-2 (84)

MLB 14 (83)

Dragon Quest Builders (83)

Tearaway Unfolded (82)

God of War 3 (81)

Gravity Rush (80)

MLB 15 (80)

Nobunaga’s Ambition (80)

LittleBigPlanet 3 (79)

Street Fighter V (78)

Heavy Rain (78)

Dragon Quest Heroes (77)

I am Setsuna (76)

Samurai Warriors 4 (76)

Altier Sophie (76)

Digimon Story (75)

***PSN/XBLA Exclusives***

XB1 (Full Exclusivity):

-

PS4 (Full Exclusivity):

Alienation (80)

XB1 (Console/Platform Exclusivity):

Ori and the Blind Forest (88)

Castle Crashers (83)

Kalimba (81)

Elite: Dangerous (80)

Endless (78)

D4 (76)

PS4 (Console/Platform Exclusivity):

Journey (92)

Flower (91)

Towerfall Ascension (87)

Olioli 2 (86)

Crypt of the NecroDancer (85)

Salt and Sanctuary (85)

Assault Android Cactus (85)

Assault Android Cactus (84)

Resogn (84)

Transistor (83)

Enter the Ganglion (83)

Invisible Inc. (82)

N++ (82)

Galak-Z (82)

Pixeljunk (82)

Helldivers (81)

Broken Age (81)

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (81)

Pix the Cat (80)

Grim Fandango (80)

Downwell (80)

SOMA (79)

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (78)

Killing Floor 2 (78)

Planetside 2 (78)

Xeodrifter (77)

War Thunder (76)

Apothem (76)

Minutes (76)

Life Goes On (76)

Klaus (75)

Lumo (75)

Hohokum (75)

Armello (75)

Hotline Miami (75)

And the future looks even more bleak for XB1 and very bright for PS4:

***Retail Exclusives***

XB1 (Full Exclusivity):

-

PS4 (Full Exclusivity):

Gran Turismo Sport 

Gravity Rush 2 

Yakuza 0 

Horizon: Zero Dawn 

Ni-Oh

Dreams

Detroit: Become Human

God of War

Death Stranding

Days Gone

Spiderman

Hotshot’s Golf

Yakuza Kiwami

Nier 2

Ni No Kuni 2 

Ace Comebat 7

Final Fantasy Dissidia

The Last of Us Part II

Yakuza 6

XB1 (Console/Platform):

Halo Wars 2 

Crackdown 3

Scalebound

Sea of Thieves

State of Decay 2

PS4 (Console/Platform):

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Persona 5

Dragon Quest XI

Hellblade

Final Fantasy 7 REMAKE

Shenmue 3

Toukiden 2

YS VIII

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

Super Robot Wars V 

FFXII: The Zodiac Age

Digimon World Next Order

There's no way anyone can call this a subjective matter at this point. It's pretty clear cut that XB1 library is insignificant next to the PS4's.

And I'm surely missing a couple dozen for the upcoming PS4 list here.

To be honest I don't think the average gamer in Europe/North America really gives that much of a shit about those games aside from the real heavy hitter Sony IP like Uncharted and Last of Us and what not. 

But MS has Halo and Forza and others themselves. 

Most people just want the third party goodies, and MS has all of those more or less. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
TheGreatOther said:

This really isn't subjective though. PS4 objectively has a much bigger exclusive library.

You can argue that PS4 has a lot of shovelware, but even if we discount the crap and just look at PS4/XB1 exclsuives which have a "good" metascore (which metacritic defines as games with a 75+ rating) there's no contest, see for yourself...

I'll even break them up in seperate categories for those who're going to differentiate between what type of exclsuive it is, and those who don't consider indies to be real games.

And it goes on with list wars... Seriously, we already have a thread for PS4 exclusives. This is not the topic of the thread and I blame myself going that route again, tickling others to post lists that are already in that thread.

Hell, that list has probably been posted 5 times in this thread already :)

I am liking all the deflecting to library, though. Just confirms imho that yes, Scorpio will curb stomp all other consoles when it comes to hardware.

Soundwave said:
TheGreatOther said:

To be honest I don't think the average gamer in Europe/North America really gives that much of a shit about those games aside from the real heavy hitter Sony IP like Uncharted and Last of Us and what not. 

But MS has Halo and Forza and others themselves. 

Most people just want the third party goodies, and MS has all of those more or less. 

only MS games people care about are literally Halo, Forza and Gears. 

according to VGC these are the only 3 MS IPs that have games that sold over a million units.

While Sony has had million sellers from 10 different IPs this gen so far, half of them new IPs.

As for the upcoming stuff MS has nothing that will sell well, barring Halo Wars 2 (which again is a Halo game), and Crackdown 3 might cross a million if it's lucky, other than that it's a wash.

While Sony's games like Horizon, Gran Turismo Sport, Detroit: Become Human, God of War, Death Stranding, Days Gone, Spiderman, The Last of Us Part II are sureshot multi-million sellers. 

And the rest like Hotshot’s Golf, Gravity Rush 2, Ni-Oh, Dreams, etc. will easily pass atleast a million.

Also the 3rd party stuff like Nier 2, Yakuza games, Ni No Kuni, Persona 5, FFVII REMAKE, Dragon Quest XI, Hellblade, etc. are also bigger than anything MS has to offer besides their holy trinity of Halo/Gears/Forza. 

While it's true that games like Call of Duty, Destiny, Battlefield, etc. are the biggest sellers year in and year out, the fact is they're available everywhere and therefore are a moot point. When people are deciding on a console they will get the one that has those and more. Which is why PS4 is dominating.

LudicrousSpeed said:

I am liking all the deflecting to library, though. Just confirms imho that yes, Scorpio will curb stomp all other consoles when it comes to hardware.

Random people bringing up software has any impact on the hardware Microsoft is making? Scorpio will be the most powerful console ever when it is released, as has been stated several times, it doesn't need confiriming, that's Scorpio's entire premise.

The thread was always going to turn in a certain way, with the thread title using words like "OWN" and the OP even digging up a false 4.12TF from some backwater website to make the Scorpio advantage seem fairly larger, when everyone knows the official figure is 4.2TF. Even with the 4.12 figure the difference would be 45% not 50% as stated though.

This thread is full of people on both sides finding whatever way they can to puff up their chosen console.

Mr Puggsly said:
Conina said:

There are neither over 900 different XBO games in the Xbox marketplace nor over 1400 different PS4 games in the PS Store. Both digital stores have a lot of duplicates in these numbers (standard edition, day1 edition, deluxe edition, ultimate edition...). The PS Store additionally has hundreds of game bundles (2 or more games bundled together, game + dlc bundled together...). Also this stuff:

This way of comparing the game libraries is very flawed.

So unless you clean up both lists of duplicates and emulated arcade games and show us proper lists of PS4 games that aren't on Xbox, it is not very helpful.

You make a good point, the PS4 library is bloated with a lot of junk like you presented. Frankly, the 300+ BC titles on X1 is more noteworthy than much of the PS4 library.

Wikipedia is the best source I know of that lists all games on PS4 and X1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Can you please clarify which games on the BC are more noteworthy than most of PS4 library? Because considering the claim that 95% of the library is shared them BC on X1 would be more relevant than its own library and then I would like to see your justification to own X1.

walsufnir said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Do some actually  think  the x1 tiny library  is [...]

"Ha

Haha

Hahahah

Hahahahhah

WHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Best  joke ever,stop dreaming."

Seriously, TINY? Man, this thread makes people really show their colors.

Are you talking in 3rd person?

Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:

There are a lot more games on PS4 than XB1 and both libraries have around the same average rating. 

And let's not pretend PS Now doesn't exist if you're going to bring BC into the argument. PS Now library is also bigger than the BC library.

BTW how come people are arguing about game libraries? 

PS Now is cool but not the same as X1 BC, one lets you play games you own and the other is a rental service.

Why are people arguing about libraries? I guess the same reason you responded.

Complain that mods haven't moderated people talking about library, but keeps doing it, funny.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:

There are a lot more games on PS4 than XB1 and both libraries have around the same average rating. 

And let's not pretend PS Now doesn't exist if you're going to bring BC into the argument. PS Now library is also bigger than the BC library.

BTW how come people are arguing about game libraries? 

PS Now is cool but not the same as X1 BC, one lets you play games you own and the other is a rental service.

So?

PS Plus let's me play hundreds of PS3 games on my PS4. 

Btw I responded because of misinformation being spread. So is that how list wars was brought into this thread?

CGI-Quality said:

Isn't the thread getting out of topic? 

The main topic was comparing the Hardware category. But then people are mentioning prices and games. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

SWORDF1SH said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So?

Btw I responded because of misinformation being spread. So is how list wars was brought into this thread?

I think you mean PS Now and a rental streaming service isn't the same as X1 BC. I wouldn't use X1 BC if I had to pay rental fees.

But lets move on, its obvious where this discussion is going.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:

So?

Btw I responded because of misinformation being spread. So is how list wars was brought into this thread?

I think you mean PS Now and a rental streaming service isn't the same as X1 BC. I wouldn't use X1 BC if I had to pay rental fees.

Again! So?

PS Now brings PS3 games to PS4.

We do know where this is going. You're losing the argument so you try to play down the one library by finding a difference. But truth is that difference doesn't change the fact that PS Now expands the PS4 library. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Again! So?

PS Now brings PS3 games to PS4.

We do know where this is going. You're losing the argument so you try to play down the one library by finding a difference. But truth is that difference doesn't change the fact that PS Now expands the PS4 library. 

Let's also not forget about the hundreds of PS1 and PS2 classics available on PS4.

But really who the hell cares. We didn't buy PS4s and XB1s to play last gen games, let's just focus on the new games these consoles are providing for us.