By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Scorpio own the PS4Pro in EVERY hardware category?

Obviously. But the pricepoint will be interesting, also whether the average consumer cares enough whether a game is checkerboarded or native 4k.

Around the Network
TheGreatOther said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Again! So?

PS Now brings PS3 games to PS4.

We do know where this is going. You're losing the argument so you try to play down the one library by finding a difference. But truth is that difference doesn't change the fact that PS Now expands the PS4 library. 

But really who the hell cares. We didn't buy PS4s and XB1s to play last gen games, let's just focus on the new games these consoles are providing for us.

At least all Xbox's from now on will be bc - watch people getting pissed if PS5 won't play PS4 games. This doesn't mean you will get pissed off by that. But carrying over the evergrowing digital library from current to next console *is* a benefit and will be more important, the importance of digital sales grows.

walsufnir said:
TheGreatOther said:

But really who the hell cares. We didn't buy PS4s and XB1s to play last gen games, let's just focus on the new games these consoles are providing for us.

At least all Xbox's from now on will be bc - watch people getting pissed if PS5 won't play PS4 games. This doesn't mean you will get pissed off by that. But carrying over the evergrowing digital library from current to next console *is* a benefit and will be more important, the importance of digital sales grows.

People might get pissed about that, but if MS continues with the similar lineup of exclusives they have right now then PS5 will dominate just like PS4 regardless of whether it can play people's last gen library or not.

walsufnir said:
TheGreatOther said:

I can 100% guarantee you that ps5 will be fulll bc from ps4.

Mark my words.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Yeah, the Scorpio will own it considering it's a year later and will benefit from the new AMD advances.

Scorpio is gonna be the new Xbox going forward, in a year or 3 it'll get exclusives games and the multiplats which will be on PS5 from 2019-2020 will stop appearing on PS4 and og Xbone. Then 2 years after PS5 they will one up it.

I think MS is gonna do a 4 yearly update.

Around the Network
TheGreatOther said:
walsufnir said:

People might get pissed about that, but if MS continues with the similar lineup of exclusives they have right now then PS5 will dominate just like PS4 regardless of whether it can play people's last gen library or not.

But that's not a technical argument. You want to talk and repeat the greatness of the Playstation platform and all its benefits? Go make a thread about it. But this is not the topic of the thread and not a technical point at all and especially not addressing what I was addressing.

But who cares if greatness awaits, right?

xl-klaudkil said:
walsufnir said:

Mark my words.

I am really curious given how Sony built the PS4P to guarantee compatibilty between these consoles. It's just not really convincing to me. I mean basically they *have* to do it but the Pro is hinting in a wrong direction.

Obviously.

I don't care though, if I am to buy one of the two, it will be the PS4. Dat Japanese support!

More importantly, if the Pro only managed 300k in its launch month, I can't imagine what the more expensive, inferior brand will sell like

walsufnir said:
TheGreatOther said:

Yes we were almost deaf by all the screams when PS3 removed BC on a revision..... and of course the world were set to fire when X1 got BC... you know it's irrelevant

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

walsufnir said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Mark my words.

I am really curious given how Sony built the PS4P to guarantee compatibilty between these consoles. It's just not really convincing to me. I mean basically they *have* to do it but the Pro is hinting in a wrong direction.

I think the architecture will ensure a good chance that PS5 will be PS4 BC. The main reason PS4 isn't BC is because of the Cell. They would have to include a Cell chip in every PS4 for it to be PS3 BC. The PS4 is made up of 'off the shelf' parts so it should be no different to the latest PC playing older games.

That's my understanding but I'm not a tech person.