By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Scorpio own the PS4Pro in EVERY hardware category?

DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:

At least all Xbox's from now on will be bc - watch people getting pissed if PS5 won't play PS4 games. This doesn't mean you will get pissed off by that. But carrying over the evergrowing digital library from current to next console *is* a benefit and will be more important, the importance of digital sales grows.

Yes we were almost deaf by all the screams when PS3 removed BC on a revision..... and of course the world were set to fire when X1 got BC... you know it's irrelevant

Yes, Sony should just leave it out. Nobody cares, insignificant crap, wasted dev resources. Completely convincing. Not to mention that digital libraries don't change the perception in any way.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes we were almost deaf by all the screams when PS3 removed BC on a revision..... and of course the world were set to fire when X1 got BC... you know it's irrelevant

Yes, Sony should just leave it out. Nobody cares, insignificant crap, wasted dev resources. Completely convincing. Not to mention that digital libraries don't change the perception in any way.

it haven't so far

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Conina said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Well... Actually, the false narrative would be to claim that they share 95% of the same library. The reality is that Xbox ones entire library of games available to play is about 67% the size of what you can play on Ps4. This is easily verified on the PSN store and the Microsoft store itself for each console. Look.

939 games total on Xbox, 40 of those Free to play

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/xbox

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-free/games/xbox

1414 games total on PS4.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/all-ps4-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PS4ALLGAMESCATEG%7C%7Cname~asc

Its possible that 95% of what's on Xbox is available on PlayStation, but it's impossible that 95% of what's on PlayStation is on Xbox. 

Inb4 "it's all Japanese games" (hint: it's not)

There are neither over 900 different XBO games in the Xbox marketplace nor over 1400 different PS4 games in the PS Store. Both digital stores have a lot of duplicates in these numbers (standard edition, day1 edition, deluxe edition, ultimate edition...). The PS Store additionally has hundreds of game bundles (2 or more games bundled together, game + dlc bundled together...). Also this stuff:

This way of comparing the game libraries is very flawed.

So unless you clean up both lists of duplicates and emulated arcade games and show us proper lists of PS4 games that aren't on Xbox, it is not very helpful.

Mr Puggsly said:
Conina said:

There are neither over 900 different XBO games in the Xbox marketplace nor over 1400 different PS4 games in the PS Store. Both digital stores have a lot of duplicates in these numbers (standard edition, day1 edition, deluxe edition, ultimate edition...). The PS Store additionally has hundreds of game bundles (2 or more games bundled together, game + dlc bundled together...). Also this stuff:

This way of comparing the game libraries is very flawed.

So unless you clean up both lists of duplicates and emulated arcade games and show us proper lists of PS4 games that aren't on Xbox, it is not very helpful.

You make a good point, the PS4 library is bloated with a lot of junk like you presented. Frankly, the 300+ BC titles on X1 is more noteworthy than much of the PS4 library.

Wikipedia is the best source I know of that lists all games on PS4 and X1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

cpg716 said:
kazuyamishima said:

It matters when you have quantity/quality games on your console.

And lately Xbox One seems to need both.

Explain to me how PS releasing maybe 4 or 5 more exlusives dramatically makes a difference?

I always find this to be a false narative. I own both consoles. There is MORE to play on them then I can handle. 

They share 95% of the SAME EXACT GAMES. But yet somehow 4 or 5 more "exclusives" (I'm not talking indie) a year makes some HUGE difference between their catalogs.

Just to give you an EXAMPLE..  Top 100 Video Games for 2016..  Microsoft had 3 Exclusives, (Halo, Forza, and Gears 4).   PS4 had 5 (Last Of Us, Uncharted, and No Mans Sky, Ratched & Clank, and The Show)

So.. The PS4 had 2 more exlcusives that sold well in 2016.. compared to the X1..     That really is a big difference? 

Tbh you don't need to dig deep into the PS4 library to make a case it is a bigger library.

Just looking at the noteworthy releases tells enough, this is a neutral list:

It doesn't include digital exclusives like SOMA, Abzu, Alienation etc. It's also an old list and many 2016 games have been moved to 2017 both on Xbox and PS4 side and there have been tons more games announced since then.

There's also a gigantic list of upcoming exclusives.

Not sure why the library is being downplayed? Just this month there is a new Hatsune Miku, Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Tales of Berseria, Digimon World Next Order, and KH 2.8

Frankly I'm getting sick of the lack of respect the library gets.

ps4 pro will be way ahead by then, the scorpio will be too expensive and looking at games, the bump up from ps4 pro to scorpio wont be as big as people think.

on a 4k tv, the checkerboard 4k vs true 4k isnt the day/light difference i dunno we will have to see

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

It should, it's coming in a year later.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

ps4 pro will be way ahead by then, the scorpio will be too expensive and looking at games, the bump up from ps4 pro to scorpio wont be as big as people think.

on a 4k tv, the checkerboard 4k vs true 4k isnt the day/light difference i dunno we will have to see

Amazing how everything plays out perfectly for Sony.

SWORDF1SH said:
walsufnir said:

I am really curious given how Sony built the PS4P to guarantee compatibilty between these consoles. It's just not really convincing to me. I mean basically they *have* to do it but the Pro is hinting in a wrong direction.

I think the architecture will ensure a good chance that PS5 will be PS4 BC. The main reason PS4 isn't BC is because of the Cell. They would have to include a Cell chip in every PS4 for it to be PS3 BC. The PS4 is made up of 'off the shelf' parts so it should be no different to the latest PC playing older games.

That's my understanding but I'm not a tech person. 

Another thing is that Sony was quite successful this gen with remasters of old PS3 games so why do bc if you can make extra money will little effort?

And sure, the PS4 doesn't have anywhere close the power of emulating the Cell and neither the PS5 will have, in my opinion.

walsufnir said:
Skeeuk said:

They probably have an exclusivity deal with  Microsoft. Sony gets all the cool things, sales and positive press and in return Sony allows Microsoft to still make consoles and sometimes sell them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
walsufnir said:

They probably have an exclusivity deal with  Microsoft. Sony gets all the cool things, sales and positive press and in return Sony allows Microsoft to still make consoles and sometimes sell them.

It's like Intel and AMD relation.

walsufnir said:
vivster said:

It's like Intel and AMD relation.

Exactly.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.