By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Scorpio own the PS4Pro in EVERY hardware category?

walsufnir said:
Normchacho said:

It's important because if you're a gamer who's interested in anything but major western AAA games there's one system that is at an enormous disadvantage when compared to another. 

Yes, PC.

In what way PC is in disadvantage of games that are not major western AAA games?

It gets almost all the indie games (often way before the console or handheld versions) and it gets most Japanese games nowadays.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
walsufnir said:

Of course not because MS has to deliver and they gave people bc for free.

But if it's such an amazing feature that boosts console sales, why wouldn't Sony do it?

Because it is too danm hard to do it.

walsufnir said:
SWORDF1SH said:

But if it's such an amazing feature that boosts console sales, why wouldn't Sony do it?

Not everything that is amazing boosts console sales, yet other things do actually. Sony can't do it because it's technically impossible and via PSnow makes no sense and is technically just a bad solution.

PS Now wouldn't be a bad solution but I was referring more to BC on PS5. Originally you said Sony wouldn't  do BC on PS5 because they can make money on remasters. I'm saying if MS feels there is a benefit from having BC and they also sell remasters, why is it only possible for it to benefit MS and not Sony. I'm not sure I understand your logic on this one. 

SWORDF1SH said:
walsufnir said:

Not everything that is amazing boosts console sales, yet other things do actually. Sony can't do it because it's technically impossible and via PSnow makes no sense and is technically just a bad solution.

PS Now wouldn't be a bad solution but I was referring more to BC on PS5. Originally you said Sony wouldn't  have Been on PS5 because they can make money on remasters. I'm saying if MS feels there is a benefit from having BC and they also sell remasters, why is it only possible for it to benefit MS and not Sony. I'm not sure I understand your logic on this one. 

I said that it could be possible that instead of investing and researching bc they could just sell remasters and cut loose to ps4. MS *will* have bc but we don't know how much people care about that. I don't say there is any benefit besides from a user point of view to carry your existing games over in an ecosystem.

walsufnir said:
SWORDF1SH said:

PS Now wouldn't be a bad solution but I was referring more to BC on PS5. Originally you said Sony wouldn't  have Been on PS5 because they can make money on remasters. I'm saying if MS feels there is a benefit from having BC and they also sell remasters, why is it only possible for it to benefit MS and not Sony. I'm not sure I understand your logic on this one. 

I said that it could be possible that instead of investing and researching bc they could just sell remasters and cut loose to ps4. MS *will* have bc but we don't know how much people care about that. I don't say there is any benefit besides from a user point of view to carry your existing games over in an ecosystem.

I see your point. Do you think Sony would have to invest much to get PS4 games working on PS5? Or will using similar architecture for PS5 make PS4 games work on it with minimal fuss.

Around the Network
Conina said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, PC.

In what way PC is in disadvantage of games that are not major western AAA games?

It gets almost all the indie games (often way before the console or handheld versions) and it gets most Japanese games nowadays.

I think he was talking about PC being at an advantage compared to other systems. As a way of saying "Who cares if the PS4 has more games! PC has even more!"

Which I think is an odd thing to post in a thread talking about how great a medium spec piece of hardware is going to be compared to a low spec piece of hardware...Especially when you consider that you could probably count the games that are only on that medium spec piece of hardware on one hand.

Plainly speaking, I don't know why he would bring up PC when it's a way better argument against the Scorpio than it is the PS4.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

SWORDF1SH said:
walsufnir said:

Yes, PSNow could be an option but it's technically the worst you can expect. Bad IQ, bad input latency, totally reliable on your internet access. Also it doesn't make sense to them to give you the games you already own for free as the tech is potentially quite epensive to maintain and to keep alive.

I think you're downplaying the quality of the service a little but yeah game streaming can't match the quality of playing the game from disk or hard drive.

But if costs could be why Sony don't want to use it for BC and without those costs is why we could see PS4 BC on PS5. You say that Sony can make money on remasters but it hasn't stopped MS from doing BC. 

Funnier is seeing someone dissing PSNow as a good alternative to play PS3 or prior games but believing Cloud would make X1 7x more powerfull.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

walsufnir said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Breh, using your Internet connection to pay Sony money to stream some of the games you already own is totally as good as just popping your disc into the machine. Who cares about IQ or input lag.

Bandorr said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Breh, using your Internet connection to pay Sony money to stream some of the games you already own is totally as good as just popping your disc into the machine. Who cares about IQ or input lag.

That post assumes that you own both every ps3 game (and thus can't be streaming ones you've never played) AND own every xbox 360 game (and thus don't have to buy new ones).

You seem well quite.. eager to make such an... odd statement :)

Specially considering you can do it do devices like blu-rays, and TVs which you may already own, as opposed to buying an xb1.. to play xbox 360 games.

But I'm sure you are aware of this, and not just "accidentally" cherry picking things - right? :)

Thats why I said "some" games you already own. Guess you missed that part "accidentally" - right? :)

LudicrousSpeed said:
Bandorr said:

That post assumes that you own both every ps3 game (and thus can't be streaming ones you've never played) AND own every xbox 360 game (and thus don't have to buy new ones).

You seem well quite.. eager to make such an... odd statement :)

Specially considering you can do it do devices like blu-rays, and TVs which you may already own, as opposed to buying an xb1.. to play xbox 360 games.

But I'm sure you are aware of this, and not just "accidentally" cherry picking things - right? :)

Thats why I said "some" games you already own. Guess you missed that part "accidentally" - right? :)

"I think you're downplaying the quality of the service a little but yeah game streaming can't match the quality of playing the game from disk or hard drive."

Guess you missed me saying that part "accidentally" - right? :)