By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will the Scorpio own the PS4Pro in EVERY hardware category?

GribbleGrunger said:
Barkley said:

Yeah, basically the 900p vs 1080p threads will be swapped to 1800p vs 2160p.

The people in those threads will both change there tunes, some Xbox fans that used to say "Resolution doesn't matter" will now say the opposite, and some PlayStation fans will also change there tune.

Lovely.

The thing is, it didn't really matter. The resolution comparisons where born out of XB1 owners denying there was any significant difference between the power of the PS4 and the XB1. The more that went on the more people reminded them of the difference in resolutions to prove that power difference. It was an indication of the power gap, not really a resolution thing, but of course stupid Sony fanboys (probably pre-pubescent or your typical Crapgamer type audience) started using the resolution alone as a whipping stick.

I like how your reply is direct confirmation of what he said would happen. Don't mistake this as any sort of personal attack, but you, one of the people who posted the most resolution war FUD if not the most, are now not only saying it doesnt really matter but that it never mattered in the first place and allllllllllll those threads we saw during the launch window were just... education for Xbox owners? And your sig, I guess it's just extra credit for these supposed Xbox fans? Geesh.

Again, nothing personal intended. That is just a fucking hilarious reply.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Microsoft reckon it's a mid-gen upgrade to the XBO, but secretly they're trying to start the next gen early and make Sony late to the party so they can get a head start again, lol

lol no.

to kick of a new gen and push early adopters in you need to scream from the highest mountins that its a new gen.  

MS just does not know wtf to do given the ass whoopin PS4 gave them.

Probably. Will it matter as far as sales go? Nope. Not only is the Pro going to be getting a price cut, so will have an advantage there, but it is obvious that the OG PS4 and XBO are still going to be outselling their upgrades. Maybe when the Pro and Scorpio drop to $249 that will change, but that won't happen any time soon. In addition, the Scorpio no longer has any exclusives to help push the system, as they can all be played on the PC.

And probably more importantly, we are going to be getting rumors about the PS5 in mid-2018 at the latest. Personally, I see us getting them late this year. Maybe controlled leaks from Sony. Rumblings of a new gen, with a 9-10 Tflops PS5, with a much better CPU and that will most likely be B/C, is definitely going to impact sales of these upgrades. Scorpio is just arriving too late to the party to really change anything.

Hardware wise it'll beat the Pro. What's more important is price and if they can make it work.

Sony or Nintendo could just as easily put together expensive components and make a console but there's a reason they don't. Price is important when consoles are concerned. The hard part is finding the balance of cost and power which Sony found a good balance with PS4 and Pro.
Scorpio will need to hit the $400 mark or lower or risk only appealing to the Xbox hardcore. That'll mean initial strong sales that'll fall away quickly.

As long as it comes in that $400-$499 range, the hardware will be worth every penny considering what you get with Pro at $400....it would be a steal.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network

I think a lot of people that went Sony only this gen will jump on the Scorpio bandwagon. Fanboys on forums like to pretend there is no appealing to Xbox but I'm pretty sure Scorpio will prove otherwise. The most powerful console, having the better multiplats, retrocompatibility, 4K BlueRay and hopefully some features we don't know about will convince some to get on board. I'm thinking about a 4K Forza Horizon 3... can't wait.

SWORDF1SH said:
Hardware wise it'll beat the Pro. What's more important is price and if they can make it work.

Sony or Nintendo could just as easily put together expensive components and make a console but there's a reason they don't. Price is important when consoles are concerned. The hard part is finding the balance of cost and power which Sony found a good balance with PS4 and Pro.
Scorpio will need to hit the $400 mark or lower or risk only appealing to the Xbox hardcore. That'll mean initial strong sales that'll fall away quickly.

I think atmost $500 is manigable. Thr OG xbox one sold 4-5m before it was cut to $400

thismeintiel said:
Probably. Will it matter as far as sales go? Nope. Not only is the Pro going to be getting a price cut, so will have an advantage there, but it is obvious that the OG PS4 and XBO are still going to be outselling their upgrades. Maybe when the Pro and Scorpio drop to $249 that will change, but that won't happen any time soon. In addition, the Scorpio no longer has any exclusives to help push the system, as they can all be played on the PC.

And probably more importantly, we are going to be getting rumors about the PS5 in mid-2018 at the latest. Personally, I see us getting them late this year. Maybe controlled leaks from Sony. Rumblings of a new gen, with a 9-10 Tflops PS5, with a much better CPU and that will most likely be B/C, is definitely going to impact sales of these upgrades. Scorpio is just arriving too late to the party to really change anything.

Being a Xbox fan not wanting the ps5 to dramatically overpower Scorpio I would be very happy with PS5 being 9-10 teraflops in late 2019. Then Scorpio 2 should come out a year after that. And at that point I don't see the need  for more consoles. They will be so powerful that going from 10 teraflops to 20 would show very little improvement I think.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
thismeintiel said:

Being a Xbox fan not wanting the ps5 to dramatically overpower Scorpio I would be very happy with PS5 being 9-10 teraflops in late 2019. Then Scorpio 2 should come out a year after that. And at that point I don't see the need  for more consoles. They will be so powerful that going from 10 teraflops to 20 would show very little improvement I think.

Then you go and buy a new " scorpio" every 2 years,i just stick with  my much more supported  ps4 up until around  2020/2021  when ps5 releases.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

hudsoniscool said:
thismeintiel said:

Let's wait to actually see Scorpio's sales before we start talking about Scorpio 2.  If the Scorpio sells poorly, I think MS is going to either drop out of the console biz, or abandon their generationless talk and come out with a XB2 in 2019-2020.

And there will always be a need for more powerful HW.  I know some wish to see it end because their console of choice isn't doing so hot, but it will continue to go on until the top console drops below 20M-25M.  There will always be room to improve when graphics are being talked about.