By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I think Nintendo Switch is set for another Wii U disaster.

Pemalite said:
oniyide said:

That stuff is great, but it doesnt mean anything if no one wants to make games for it, which they didnt and now here we are. The benefits didnt outweigh the costs.

Well. Mobile has obviously been a bright spot for carts, to say no one wants to make games for carts isn't an accurate assumption.
Nintendo obviously agrees considering the Switch will also use carts.

oniyide said:

Naw, a major platform maker selling sub 25mil for a mainstream system is not okay. GC did like 9mil more than WiiU thats in the same ballpark of a bomb.

We will have to agree to disagree. :P

The difference with the Wii U and Gamecube is that the Wii U's processing technology isn't going to be repurposed.
Which is why the Wii could play Gamecube games, which saved on R&D, making the financial position of the Gamecube a little more enviable as those costs got recouped in the generation that came after.

Plus the Gamecube had a game attachment rate of 9.59 verses the Wii U's 5.01, which makes the gamecube a far more profitable machine for every console sold.

Didnt say anything about not wanting to make games for carts. I said they didnt want to make games for N64 which they mostly didnt.

They only used GC technology for WIi because the Wii was going to be an add-on to GC in the first place. And yeah i would say GC was more profitable than wii u but thats nothing to be proud of.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
Goodnightmoon said:

But you are ridiculously blind probably because of the opposite reason, no one is saying Switch looks specially cheap quite the opposite, you are the exception for very good reasons, in the first set of images the worst looking of them all by far is the 2nd, Switch looks sexy the second is the one that looks like a transformer made by some chinese company, and on the other set, are you really saying to me that the Switch one does not look way better and way less cheap than the other 2? Switch doesnt look like cheap plastic like the Wii or WiiU at all, open your damn eyes.

The Wii and WiiU didn't look cheap at all, they had a slick finish, the wii console was the most beautiful console of its gen.

The Switch with its matte plastic and grey and black colors is a mistake that I thought Nintendo would never made. I would have excused one or the other, but the both together...

Like I said, it may be sexy for a 16 yo gamer like you. But for the general public, and for people with taste, it looks cheap AF.

Oi, no need to try to downplay his opinion just because of his age (by which you were over 10 years off, good job there, mate). You do not represent the general public nor do you represent people with taste either. It's fine to say you don't believe the public will accept it, but going for cheap shots to demonstrate your point just looks sad

zorg1000 said:
Ventura said:
It'll fail for sure, people are tired of the gimmicks.

It'll be another console with the same games yet again, the same Mario's, Donkey Kongs and Zelda's. It'll get third party support for a while but everyone will just buy that version on PS4 or Xbox One and so eventually third party support will stop and it'll just fade away.

It'll be another GameCube or Wii U. The Wii was just a lucky exception that was nothing more than a fad.

Do you even know what a gimmick is? It's a special feature for the sake of a special feature, that does not describe Switch because the concept has an actual purpose, just like Wii.

Wait, so PS4 & XBO aren't consoles with the same games yet again? Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars Battlefront, The Witcher, Skyrim, Souls, Batman Arkham, Need for Speed, Mortal Kombat, Just Cause, Mafia, Elder Scrolls, Wolfenstein, Ratchet & Clank, Doom, Tomb Raider, Thief, Dead Rising, Forza, etc.

Dont get me wrong, PS4/XBO do have a handful of big, new IP like Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Division, Titanfall, Overwatch, etc. but lets not pretend like Nintendo platforms dont have any quality, new IP like Splatoon, Tomodachi, Yokai Watch, Fantasy Life, Captain Toad, etc.

You did yourself no favours when you just named a huge portion of different franchises whilst at the same time only mentioning a fraction of them.

PS4 and Xbox One will continue to have worthwhile new games also. The Switch will not, maybe at first but that's all.

It will without a doubt crash and burn, some kiddy game like Captain Road will not save it.

The Wii was a special exception because of its gimmick and it being popular with everyone even those who don't care about games. That will not be true for the Switch.

It's going to be another WiiU where it'll be an inferior console with drastically inferior games and the exact same kind of games that Nintendo only ever seems to put out.

Ventura said:
zorg1000 said:

Do you even know what a gimmick is? It's a special feature for the sake of a special feature, that does not describe Switch because the concept has an actual purpose, just like Wii.

Wait, so PS4 & XBO aren't consoles with the same games yet again? Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars Battlefront, The Witcher, Skyrim, Souls, Batman Arkham, Need for Speed, Mortal Kombat, Just Cause, Mafia, Elder Scrolls, Wolfenstein, Ratchet & Clank, Doom, Tomb Raider, Thief, Dead Rising, Forza, etc.

Dont get me wrong, PS4/XBO do have a handful of big, new IP like Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Division, Titanfall, Overwatch, etc. but lets not pretend like Nintendo platforms dont have any quality, new IP like Splatoon, Tomodachi, Yokai Watch, Fantasy Life, Captain Toad, etc.

You did yourself no favours when you just named a huge portion of different franchises whilst at the same time only mentioning a fraction of them.

PS4 and Xbox One will continue to have worthwhile new games also. The Switch will not, maybe at first but that's all.

It will without a doubt crash and burn, some kiddy game like Captain Road will not save it.

The Wii was a special exception because of its gimmick and it being popular with everyone even those who don't care about games. That will not be true for the Switch.

It's going to be another WiiU where it'll be an inferior console with drastically inferior games and the exact same kind of games that Nintendo only ever seems to put out.

You can take a look at the software sales on PS4/XBO, the majority of sales come from franchises released in previous generations.

The rest of what you said is just nonsense, it will undoubtedly crash and burn based on what? Oh ya because it has weaker hardware, thats exactly why DS, Wii & 3DS all sold like shit........

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ventura said:
zorg1000 said:

that awkward moment when you realize that a game like Super Mario Galaxy (on Wii) was able to gain critical acclaim (overthrown OoT in GameRankings as the highest acclaimed game ever) and win GoTY awards even over games like Halo 3, CoD MW, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Prime 3, The Orange Box, etc. in one of the greatest years in gaming.

Hardware means ass when it comes to making great games. The PS1 and PS2 had inferior specs compared to N64 and GameCube respectively and were able to garner their own set of great games (and yes the N64 and GameCube had great games as well). It's not how much power or whatnot that makes the game, it's how you utilize them and express your creativity through the gameplay and surrounding elements that go all by with the gameplay (story, characters, level design, etc.). Games like No Mans Sky may have great ambition due to utilizing the power of the PS4 and/or Xbone, but it doesn't automatically make them great games.

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:

Update: I said if what the guy said is true. Also, in hindsight, a new year blog could be more positive and I should have waited for the official unveiling soon. Poor timing on my part. I will take your criticisms constructively. I have been moderated twice and wish to improve with my threads. Thanks for the feedback guys. Next thread will be positive.

If what the ex Ubisoft worker said is true about how weak the Switch is, that's it. Nintendo will not learn. Another failure is coming out. Sorry to say it guys, but I just don't see any reason to want this unless you are a Nintendo diehard. 

They need to make a powerful next gen console that can handle modern ports and really good looking 3D Mario. Weaker than Xbox One when PS4 Pro is out and Scorpio is coming soon? That's ridiculous! 

It might work in Japan, but everywhere else, it will bomb after initial release. It sounds like a slightly more powerful Wii U. I will buy no Switch or future Nintendo products.

My answer for you

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224068&page=2#1

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

I kinda have to agree with Max on this one, the Switch Pro controller does look cheap to me, like something from one of those Chinese knockoff consoles like Polystation or PlayBox.

curl-6 said:
I kinda have to agree with Max on this one, the Switch Pro controller does look very cheap to me, like something from one of those Chinese knockoff consoles like Polystation or PlayBox.

Even the wii u itself looks better in real life than screenshot you know ?

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
shenlong213 said:
curl-6 said:
I kinda have to agree with Max on this one, the Switch Pro controller does look very cheap to me, like something from one of those Chinese knockoff consoles like Polystation or PlayBox.

Even the wii u itself looks better in real life than screenshot you know ?

Yes I know, I have a Wii U. :p

I wonder how gamers will react when let's say,the switch fails and the western support crash and burns.

Ofcourse i hope that won't be the case :)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil