By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I think Nintendo Switch is set for another Wii U disaster.

Ventura said:
zorg1000 said:

Do you even know what a gimmick is? It's a special feature for the sake of a special feature, that does not describe Switch because the concept has an actual purpose, just like Wii.

Wait, so PS4 & XBO aren't consoles with the same games yet again? Call of Duty, Battlefield, Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Fallout, Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Star Wars Battlefront, The Witcher, Skyrim, Souls, Batman Arkham, Need for Speed, Mortal Kombat, Just Cause, Mafia, Elder Scrolls, Wolfenstein, Ratchet & Clank, Doom, Tomb Raider, Thief, Dead Rising, Forza, etc.

Dont get me wrong, PS4/XBO do have a handful of big, new IP like Destiny, Watch Dogs, The Division, Titanfall, Overwatch, etc. but lets not pretend like Nintendo platforms dont have any quality, new IP like Splatoon, Tomodachi, Yokai Watch, Fantasy Life, Captain Toad, etc.

You did yourself no favours when you just named a huge portion of different franchises whilst at the same time only mentioning a fraction of them.

PS4 and Xbox One will continue to have worthwhile new games also. The Switch will not, maybe at first but that's all.

It will without a doubt crash and burn, some kiddy game like Captain Road will not save it.

The Wii was a special exception because of its gimmick and it being popular with everyone even those who don't care about games. That will not be true for the Switch.

It's going to be another WiiU where it'll be an inferior console with drastically inferior games and the exact same kind of games that Nintendo only ever seems to put out.

Switch isn't a traditional home console. I'd agree with you that you'd be right if it was just a static home console, but it is a mobile chip in a mobile form factor (tablet) with a mobile screen, mobile battery power made by a company that has 85% of its audience in handheld portables. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out in actuality where this system is going to sell to.

Justin Bieber can call his next album a hardcore electronic album all he wants, that doesn't mean that the main buying audience for it isn't going to be teenage/pre-teen girls. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Ventura said:

You did yourself no favours when you just named a huge portion of different franchises whilst at the same time only mentioning a fraction of them.

PS4 and Xbox One will continue to have worthwhile new games also. The Switch will not, maybe at first but that's all.

It will without a doubt crash and burn, some kiddy game like Captain Road will not save it.

The Wii was a special exception because of its gimmick and it being popular with everyone even those who don't care about games. That will not be true for the Switch.

It's going to be another WiiU where it'll be an inferior console with drastically inferior games and the exact same kind of games that Nintendo only ever seems to put out.

Switch isn't a traditional home console. I'd agree with you that you'd be right if it was just a static home console, but it is a mobile chip in a mobile form factor (tablet) with a mobile screen, mobile battery power made by a company that has 85% of its audience in handheld portables. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out in actuality where this system is going to sell to.

Justin Bieber can call his next album a hardcore electronic album all he wants, that doesn't mean that the main buying audience for it isn't going to be teenage/pre-teen girls. 

Who actually  plays games on the go on a tablet? Personally  i travel 2 hours a day with  public  traffic  and i never seen  anyone  play on a tablet.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Soundwave said:

Who actually  plays games on the go on a tablet? Personally  i travel 2 hours a day with  public  traffic  and i never seen  anyone  play on a tablet.

I see hundreds if not thousands of kids playing away on tablets all the time, but I'm in airports all over the world for work a lot.

Kids take to gaming on tablets like a fat kid takes to a giant cake, it's uncanny how quickly even very young children can get the hang of a tablet, even to the point of trying to download other games themselves. 

Just a couple of months ago I was next to some kids at the cell phone/tablet/electronics charging area and both brothers (under 12) had their own iPad and they were playing some kind of first person shooter with touch controls and I'm thinking "how the hell are you able to play that?", but they were pretty damn good at it, lol. The graphics on it looked pretty good actually. 

Soundwave said:
xl-klaudkil said:

I see hundreds if not thousands of kids playing away on tablets all the time, but I'm in airports all over the world for work a lot.

Kids take to gaming on tablets like a fat kid takes to a giant cake, it's uncanny how quickly even very young children can get the hang of a tablet, even to the point of trying to download other games themselves. 

Just a couple of months ago I was next to some kids at the cell phone/tablet/electronics charging area and both brothers (under 12) had their own iPad and they were playing some kind of first person shooter with touch controls and I'm thinking "how the hell are you able to play that?", but they were pretty damn good at it, lol. The graphics on it looked pretty good actually. 

Ow.wow oke...well  we shall see i give Nintendo  all my blessings as  PlayStation  fan for its success  :)

My youtube gaming page.

xl-klaudkil said:
Soundwave said:

Ow.wow oke...well  we shall see i give Nintendo  all my blessings as  PlayStation  fan for its success  :)

To kind of piggyback off Soundwave I want to add that if you do not have children, wait until you do. I did not notice the tablet trend until my seven year old (my oldest did not hit the tablet trend until around the same time) started coming home and spending all her time in the room playing tablet games and watching youtube on her tablet all day long. That was when I started to notice that children everywhere (children I normally saw but paid no attention to) of all ages, were on this tablet gaming train hard core. I expected my children to want laptops for Christmas but they wanted tablets. It may be that you, like me before my daughter brought it to my attention, are simply paying no mind to that aspect of your surroundings.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network
GhaudePhaede010 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

To kind of piggyback off Soundwave I want to add that if you do not have children, wait until you do. I did not notice the tablet trend until my seven year old (my oldest did not hit the tablet trend until around the same time) started coming home and spending all her time in the room playing tablet games and watching youtube on her tablet all day long. That was when I started to notice that children everywhere (children I normally saw but paid no attention to) of all ages, were on this tablet gaming train hard core. I expected my children to want laptops for Christmas but they wanted tablets. It may be that you, like me before my daughter brought it to my attention, are simply paying no mind to that aspect of your surroundings.

Well my sister  has 4 kids 2 are 7 1 is 4 and the last is 1.

And they do play  games in the  phone but asked me for Christmas " nintendo with mario console "

Soo i bought 2  2ds's with mario kart,there hooked! Hahahha

My youtube gaming page.

xl-klaudkil said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:

Well my sister  has 4 kids 2 are 7 1 is 4 and the last is 1.

And they do play  games in the  phone but asked me for Christmas " nintendo with mario console "

Soo i bought 2  2ds's with mario kart,there hooked! Hahahha

It really is not the same to say someone close to you has children. My brother had 2 children before me and we lived togetther but until I had my own children, I was accidentially ignorant. Also, my children already have 3DS so it makes a little more sense why they would ask for a tablet instead of a 3DS. It was that they picked a tablet over a laptop or newer phone (in my oldest daughters case) that surprised me.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Rogerioandrade said:

Rumors... rumors... rumors....
People should really wait and see what The Switch is all about before jumping on conclusions. So far we have nothing but rumors rumors rumors..

I´d say that The Switch is not a direct competitor to both PS4/XboxOne. It´s more likely to fill the shoes of the 3ds: to work as a secondary console for most gamers.

If installments of such huge franchises like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario, Fire Emblem. Metroid, Yokai Watch, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, SMT etc. etc. come to this device, as they came to the 3ds, it won´t be nearly a disaster.

Remember: the Switch is meant to unite all Nintendo productions in a single device. So we won´t have a WiiU+3ds situation with it.

Most Nintendo gamers have been saying this since the Wii was released.

Look, if you release a home console, its automatically a direct competitor to the other home consoles currently on the market. Period. 

sabastian said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Rumors... rumors... rumors....
People should really wait and see what The Switch is all about before jumping on conclusions. So far we have nothing but rumors rumors rumors..

I´d say that The Switch is not a direct competitor to both PS4/XboxOne. It´s more likely to fill the shoes of the 3ds: to work as a secondary console for most gamers.

If installments of such huge franchises like Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario, Fire Emblem. Metroid, Yokai Watch, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, SMT etc. etc. come to this device, as they came to the 3ds, it won´t be nearly a disaster.

Remember: the Switch is meant to unite all Nintendo productions in a single device. So we won´t have a WiiU+3ds situation with it.

Most Nintendo gamers have been saying this since the Wii was released.

Look, if you release a home console, its automatically a direct competitor to the other home consoles currently on the market. Period. 

Except the Wii was still really a stationary home console. It was just an underpowered one, but even that had some logic to it because most people at the time of the Wii's launch did not have HDTV sets. 

It would be more like if instead of releasing the Wii, Nintendo just released the DS with a plastic dock that let it output to TV and play DS games on the TV. 

Switch has a mobile CPU, a mobile CPU, mobile RAM, a mobile screen, a kickstand for mobile use, a battery for mobile use, and is being made by a company that has 85% of its userbase on portable game systems.

This isn't in competetion with the XBox One/PS4, not much more than the 3DS or Vita/Vita TV was. 

SpokenTruth said:
xl-klaudkil said:
I wonder how gamers will react when let's say,the switch fails and the western support crash and burns.

Ofcourse i hope that won't be the case :)

Your shadenfreude is showing.

Ventura said:

Nintendo ran over your dog when you were a kid, didn't it?  I can see no other reason for the angst and insecurity.

Pretty silly post. I have nothing against Nintendo I'm just saying it as it will be.

The GameCube was a failure when compared to the huge success of PS2 and Xbox which were the more powerful consoles with the drastically better games.

The Wii did extremely well because it was for everyone, little kids to grandparents could play it. 

The WiiU wasnt like that, no it was more like the GameCube a less powerful console with drastically worse games and so it failed.

The Switch will be another console that is less powerful than the competition with drastically inferior games and it will go the same route yet again.