By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best and worst movies of 2016

Best: Kingsglaive Final Fantasy VX
Worst: Batman v Superman

Around the Network

Best: Rogue One
Runner Up: Moana
Least Best: Jason Bourne (not bad, just not that good in comparison)

For moi

Best: Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Runners up: 10 Cloverfield Lane, Life Animated

Worst: Batman vs Superman

curl-6 said:

For moi

Good movie but I really don't understand why it had so much praise honestly xD It must be something cultural, on IMDB the movie has like an 8 while in the Spanish Filmaffinity it has a 6.8 which is closer to what I think it deserves, nice little movie pretty previsible, too naive and plenty of indie film cliches but with fun and hearthwarming moments, good acting and beautiful landscapes (New Zealand is gorgeous)

See I don't like to list "worst movies" because I am rather careful with what I watch so I don't have NEARLY the amount of crappy movie experience as, say, Angry Joe who no doubt could put forth some real winners. And I really don't want to give any film crap when nothing I have seen is truly abysmal (and I have seen abysmal films before)

I suppose the worst I actually saw was Batman vs Superman, but even then I wouldn't call it a particularly bad film, just really mixed (almost like it had two writers with exceptionally different visions from each other and the directo...oooooh). But then I did see the extended version which many say is better soooo

Anyway, best movie is Rogue One hands down. Star Trek Beyond was really good and Captain America: Civil War was very fun if vapid (really, that could be said of 90% of Marvel's output), but Rogue One thrilled me on a whole other level. No it wasn't emotionally compelling on a serious level but no movie this year that I saw was particularly thematically potent. But Rogue One was just an awesome, awesome ride.

Around the Network

Best:
The Conjuring2

Worst:
Suicide Squad
Civil War
Don't Breathe
The Arrival

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

For moi

Good movie but I really don't understand why it had so much praise honestly xD It must be something cultural, on IMDB the movie has like an 8 while in the Spanish Filmaffinity it has a 6.8 which is closer to what I think it deserves, nice little movie pretty previsible, too naive and plenty of indie film cliches but with fun and hearthwarming moments, good acting and beautiful landscapes (New Zealand is gorgeous)

I loved it cos it was good natured, hilarious, and just plain fun. Then again, I am Australian, which is pretty close to Kiwi, so I probably can relate to it better than someone who is European or American.

Best: The Wailing

Worst: i dont dont ...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Best:  (these are actually okay, and probably worth a watch)
Rogue One
Deadpool
Zootopia
10 Cloverfield Lane..  and also.... Dr Strange

Meh:  (mindless entertainment at best, barely worth watching)
Suicide Squad
Civil War
Sausage Party

Worst:  (if you watch these your throwing money/time away)
Independance day 2
Batman VS Superman
Zoolander 2
Ghostbusters
The Arrival

Best: Kimi no na wa ( Your Name )

Worst: i dont remember the name but is a Adam Sandler Movie on Netflix.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)