By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best and worst movies of 2016

What are your nominees?

Around the Network

10 Cloverfield Lane and The Conjuring 2 for best.

Worst:

1. Suicide squad
2. Batman VS Superman
3. Sing
4. Assassin's creeds

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Best - Deadpool. Its a funny movie that makes fun of superhero movies and its just well acted, well written and well directed. The love and attention to details really shines through in this movie.

Worst - Independence Day: Resurgence. Roland Emmerich just cant make movies without horrible dialogue and clichés. Hes just still stuck in the 90s. The acting was horrible and the plot was stupid. I wanted the aliens to win FFS...

I'll go favorite, instead of best. And obviously, I'm only going to comment on movies I've actually seen. I'm sure I would dislike the new Independence Day, for example, more than my pick for least favorite. 

My favorite was Rogue One. 

My least favorite was Suicide Squad. 

Around the Network

Best: Kubo and the two strings.
Very charming and extremely well made.

Worst or rather most disappointing that I have watched this year is a toss up between Star Trek Beyond and Warcraft. Star trek wins as I didn't expect that much from Warcraft in the first place. Star Trek Beyond made me angry at the director.

Best:

1. Nocturnal Animals
2. Zootopia
3. Your Name (Kimi no na wa)
4. The Red Turtle
5. Perfetti Sconosciuti
6. Julieta
7. Kubo: And the Two Strings
8. Sing Street
9. Train to Busan
10. Sully
11. A Monster Calls
12. Finding Dory
13. Quand on a 17 ans
14. Captain America: Civil War
15. The Conjuring 2

I still need to see "Silence", "Moonlight","Manchester By The Sea", "La La La Land", "Toni Erdmann" and "The Arrival" so my list is still far from definitive.

Wost:

- Batman VS Superman
- Suicide Squad
- Warcraft
- The Neon Diamond
- Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates

Your Name! ( I dont think I've watched any other this year...... XD) 

- Best Animated Series in a loooooong time. It had me laughing and crying. Seeing anime on the big screen for the first time was Wondeful! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:

Your Name!

I still don't know why this movie had such an effect on me, when I analize it in my head is not that amazing, is sometimes very teen and cheesy, but while seeing it I can't believe how much I was enjoying it, I was in ecstasy watching it, the director has some real talent that's for sure.

Only including movies that I watched, Civil War and the Nice Guys were my favorite and the worst being Suicide Squad. SS wasn't awful but it had a ton of questionable decisions.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian