By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best and worst movies of 2016

I was only able to catch a few films in theatres this year.

Favourites were Civil War, Arrival, and Rogue One.

The worst was Warcraft. Came in with low expectations and it still fell short of that.

Around the Network

I didn't actually see all that many new films this year.

Best:
-Zootopia:
My favourite Disney movie since the mid 90's
-Captain America: Civil War
The best superhero movie of the year. A fight between heroes done right.
-Rogue One
Had a very slow start and some of the characters aren't exactly memorable, but the third act more than makes up for any shortcoming.
-Finding Dory
Not among Pixar's best, but a thoroughly enjoyable film.
-Doctor Strange
Just another proof that at the moment Marvel Studios can turn pretty much any property into a good movie. DC and Warner Bros. needs to take note.
-Deadpool
The funniest new film I saw this year, and one of the best representations of a comic book character in film ever.

Worst:
Batman v Superman:
Not really even a bad movie, just a decidedly mediocre one. I only saw the director's cut version, so I can't comment on the theatrical version, but if it was worse than the longer version as many people say, then I'm glad I didn't bother with it. At this point I'm pretty much done with DC movies, with the possible exception of Wonder Woman, as that I see still having some potential.

There's still a lot of films from 2016 I'm going to be seeing at some point, as I usually see most of the films at least a year after their original release.

I don't rate movies that way but I really liked xmen Apocalypse suicide squad and doctor strange. I thought BvS and CA:CW were mediocre at best and both were about the same level for me. I don't watch movies I'll later call worst

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also