By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Truck driven into German Christmas market in deliberate attack - 12 dead

My emigration plans to Japan are solidifying more and more every year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Some witnesses said the driver looked like an East European, which would make sense since it's a Polish truck. But I don't see a motive just yet.

Are you serious? And how was middle east before you moved..

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Slimebeast said:
LadyJasmine said:
Well I am Pakistani background but frankly I find Germany an odd country these days...
A country with such a strong economy and values, seems so fixated on self righteousness over guilt of its past, it seems it would stick its own head up its own butt and invite problems and issues into its country and for what? The rest of the Western World did not follow Germany direction over refugees, it in the end caused a massive backlash...So what is the point?
Did German women have to fear to walk around in public squares in the past?
How many terror attacks have there been in the last 18 months compared to the last 18 years.
I just think they should stop focusing on the semantics of the whole issue and realize the national security and safety of the country has declined since the 100's of thousands of Migrants were welcomed with open arms by Angela Merkel.
I am not heartless or racist, but frankly if German Politicians would just realize the problem then it can be fixed and mitigated...
As many of these people will not find jobs or have easy lives and will be easy victims to radical teachings of Islam to angry young men...

I am afraid this attack is just one of many

You are so great Jasmine. You have integrity and you love the truth.

"fixated on self righteousness" describes modern Germany (and my country Sweden) perfectly.

I hate 2/3 of my own people because they're all walking around thinking they're some kind of mini Jesus. I am getting crazy in this country.

As opposed to the American way of acting nothing like Jesus, but saying you're a hardcore Christian anyway, lol. 

Radical Islamism presents a challenge to liberal societal values, you want to be inclusive and for the most part most groups fit in more or less just fine. But the rise of jihadism in the Muslim world and the spread of that philosophy online is problematic.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a caring, self-righteous person though, if we allow ourselves to lose that from Western society, then we have truly lost to this brand of terrorism, the irony there being all it took was a few fringe radicals to pull it off when huge movements/armies could not do it before. 

Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

"fixated on self righteousness" describes modern Germany (and my country Sweden) perfectly.

I hate 2/3 of my own people because they're all walking around thinking they're some kind of mini Jesus. I am getting crazy in this country.

As opposed to the American way of acting nothing like Jesus, but saying you're a hardcore Christian anyway, lol. 

Radical Islamism presents a challenge to liberal societal values, you want to be inclusive and for the most part most groups fit in more or less just fine. But the rise of jihadism in the Muslim world and the spread of that philosophy online is problematic.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be a caring, self-righteous person though, if we allow ourselves to lose that from Western society, then we have truly lost to this brand of terrorism, the irony there being all it took was a few fringe radicals to pull it off when huge movements/armies could not do it before. 

Except those people are not caring about everyone - they're not caring about people victims of Islamist terrorism.

Lawlight said:
Soundwave said:

Except those people are not caring about everyone - they're not caring about people victims of Islamist terrorism.

I don't think any reasonable person on the right or left doesn't care. Even if it's only self interest, I mean we all go to public areas, none of us wants to be run down by some lunatic in a truck. The only people who are happy about attacks like this are jihadi religious nuts and extreme right figures that want to score politcal points from it. No one else has any benefit from it. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Slimebeast said:

lol

Have you ever heard of the hypocrisy of the pharisees?

Soundwave said:
Egelo said:
Well german media says he was a Paki.

9 dead already 50 injured because of a old world hate filled religious stupidity.

Uh ... not sure if that's a term that you should be using, but I kinda figured you would based on your posting history. 

Really is Paki that much of a deal these days. I remember a day when we and the rest of the world where free to call us cheese heads or Dutchies. It's just a nickname which nobody should be really upset about. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Soundwave said:

Uh ... not sure if that's a term that you should be using, but I kinda figured you would based on your posting history. 

Really is Paki that much of a deal these days. I remember a day when we and the rest of the world where free to call us cheese heads or Dutchies. It's just a nickname which nobody should be really upset about. 

Do you refer to Japanese people as "Japs" and Chinese as "hey Chinaman, come over here let me show you something". 

I'm guessing probably not. 

You gotta love how the world is hating on certain countries, no matter what they do.
If Germany had strict borders or would kick people out, you'd all start WW3 and call everyone around a Nazi.
Guess why exactly Germany doesn't even think out loud when it comes to securing the country.

If you like your own country, be happy and quit judging others. If not, leave it for something better.
Judging other groups of people based on internet, news, and general blabla and blaming them for whatever you think is wrong isn't really making you look any smart.
But why would gamers have learned from the ways gamers have been treated as a nerdy, stupid, racist, sexist and generally violent group of people. Of course, they have every right to talk bad about other groups then as well.
/s

Soundwave said:
Qwark said:

Do you refer to Japanese people as "Japs" and Chinese as "hey Chinaman, come over here let me show you something". 

I'm guessing probably not. 

No but I am not offended by any of the Dutch synonyms either or its stereotypes for that matter.  We are proud to be cheap arrogant potheads, although admittedly not everyone appreciates the last one. Neither do I think Japanese people are crying racism when some calls him or her a Jap. Besides don't we call the Citizens of the United States of America simply US citizens or even Muricans. I don't see them whining about it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar