By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Three New Dragon Quest XI Footage

Tagged games:

I'm so excited for this and Persona 5! I saw the trailer and was like "yup, buying this day one". It just makes me sad that Square-Enix could make this turned based and it looks amazing, but yet refused to make Final Fantasy XV like that.

Around the Network

Being a better JRPG, to me, means being a lesser RPG.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

xl-klaudkil said:
Insidb said:

I'm impatient, and your comment is stupid.

Ow? 

Soo its " stupid" to wait so the devs can make the game complete and awesome  day 1?

Instead of something unfinished  like ff15?

Oke,that's  new.

Okay, just double down.

Zekkyou said:
I'm pretty out of the loop with DQ. What's the difference between the PS4 and 3DS version? The impression i got from what they showed is that they're effectively 2 separate projects, but with a shared story, world, etc.

PS4 version with larger worlds, more details and effects, more beautiful characters. 3DS-version with "retro"-graphicstil. Everything else will be shown in future, i think.

Firefoxie said:
I'm so excited for this and Persona 5! I saw the trailer and was like "yup, buying this day one". It just makes me sad that Square-Enix could make this turned based and it looks amazing.

My thought :)

Yakuza Zero, all Kingdom Hearts-Game on PS4 in future, Tales of Berseria, Ni-Oh, Persona 5, Digimon World Next Order, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Ni No Kuni 2, Valkyria Chronicles Azure Revolution, Y6, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Dragon Quest XI and many more (J)RPGs. The Gamer live in the Jrpg-Heaven < 3 The future is SO fantastic !!!! < 3 And someday, maybe Bloodborne 2, next Atelier-and Disgaea Game ect

Azuren said:
Being a better JRPG, to me, means being a lesser RPG.

DQ is deeper rooted in D&D than any AAA western RPG. Try any DQ, you can basically hear the dice roll.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I can't lie. This looked incredible. FFXV was just the beginning. Square-Enix has a chip on their shoulder.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

KazumaKiryu said:
Zekkyou said:
I'm pretty out of the loop with DQ. What's the difference between the PS4 and 3DS version? The impression i got from what they showed is that they're effectively 2 separate projects, but with a shared story, world, etc.

PS4 version with larger worlds, more details and effects, more beautiful characters. 3DS-version with "retro"-graphicstil. Everything else will be shown in future, i think.

Firefoxie said:
I'm so excited for this and Persona 5! I saw the trailer and was like "yup, buying this day one". It just makes me sad that Square-Enix could make this turned based and it looks amazing.

Yakuza Zero, all Kingdom Hearts-Game on PS4 in future, Tales of Berseria, Ni-Oh, Persona 5, Digimon World Next Order, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Ni No Kuni 2, Valkyria Chronicles Azure Revolution, Y6, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Dragon Quest XI and many more (J)RPGs. The Gamer live in the Jrpg-Heaven < 3 The future is SO fantastic !!!! < 3 And someday, maybe Bloodborne 2, next Atelier-and Disgaea Game ect

Dat list. Role Playing Games are my favorite genre so I'm in heaven! Im beyond excited, but my wallet....not so much lol.

Firefoxie said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Dat list. Role Playing Games are my favorite genre so I'm in heaven! Im beyond excited, but my wallet....not so much lol.

Yes, we are very happy :) And The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is coming (PS4 exclusiv)

Looks great so far. Finally, a DQ game that might live up to VIII!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

KazumaKiryu said:
Firefoxie said:

Yes, we are very happy :) And The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is coming (PS4 exclusiv)

Well, there's another game I'm going to have to buy. I only played the first one and I really enjoyed it.