By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Three New Dragon Quest XI Footage

Tagged games:

vivster said:
People thinking it would be anything but turn based are obviously not familiar with the series. No random encounters is bad enough but they won't scratch turn based.

Turn based battles are great but I don't see the appeal in random encounters, they can get annoying.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
vivster said:
People thinking it would be anything but turn based are obviously not familiar with the series. No random encounters is bad enough but they won't scratch turn based.

Turn based battles are great but I don't see the appeal in random encounters, they can get annoying.

I don't see the appeal in chasing on-map monsters over the whole map and then leaving and reentering the area to make them appear again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Keybladewielder said:

I don't see the appeal in chasing on-map monsters over the whole map and then leaving and reentering the area to make them appear again.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having some control on when you battle an enemy. I never said I didn't like enemy encounters. Let's agree to disagree I guess, not like I hate random encounters.

The PS4 version looks beautiful!

Hoping it´ll take advantage of the Pro.

vivster said:

Wishing for a mainline to be action based is a dream of mine though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
vivster said:

If you want something that shits all over its legacy with mindless action, I heard FFXV is pretty good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I´m very happy I´ll get to play a DQ on playstation again.
Looks great too.

Chazore said:
vivster said:

A dream I hope never comes to be.

DQ is supposed to be party based & turn based.

Plenty of other single player controlled action rpgs out there.

That looks absolutely phenomenal and everything I want for the Pokémon game.

Except for the lack of voice acting. Come on.

I hope that we get this game localized next year, but I have the feeling that it's more probable we'll be getting it until 2018, especially if the japanese release is in the last months of 2017 (unless they make a simultaneous worldwide release, which I highly doubt).