By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Three New Dragon Quest XI Footage

Tagged games:

Keybladewielder said:

I hope that we get this game localized next year, but I have the feeling that it's more probable we'll be getting it until 2018, especially if the japanese release is in the last months of 2017 (unless they make a simultaneous worldwide release, which I highly doubt).

Yeah, I highly doubt it'll get localized before 2018. But 2018 is a good bet though. Maybe as a holiday title. If Nintendo was smart they would have not localized Dragon Quest VII and VIII and just put all their effort into having XI for 3DS and Switch available a few months after the Japanese release. But if the Switch is region free I'll import it anyway. It'll be the first game I've ever imported to play. 

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
Keybladewielder said:

I hope that we get this game localized next year, but I have the feeling that it's more probable we'll be getting it until 2018, especially if the japanese release is in the last months of 2017 (unless they make a simultaneous worldwide release, which I highly doubt).

Yeah, I highly doubt it'll get localized before 2018. But 2018 is a good bet though. Maybe as a holiday title. If Nintendo was smart they would have not localized Dragon Quest VII and VIII and just put all their effort into having XI for 3DS and Switch available a few months after the Japanese release. But if the Switch is region free I'll import it anyway. It'll be the first game I've ever imported to play. 

Both Heroes and Builders took about 8 months to localize so I guess about the same should be expected for XI. Though I think it's more likely to be localized faster than slower. Also I don't think Nintendo has anything to do with the localization of XI lol

Edit: Wrong thread lol

Boutros said:
Ljink96 said:

Both Heroes and Builders took about 8 months to localize so I guess about the same should be expected for XI. Though I think it's more likely to be localized faster than slower. Also I don't think Nintendo has anything to do with the localization of XI lol

I said localization from Nintendo because they've been heavily involved in the localization of the DS games, so I just threw them in as a possibility. I'm not insane about one of my favorite franchises!!! They probably won't have anything to do with XI. But heroes and builders didn't have as much text as this game will have by default. I'd imagine the PS4 version will be localized by Square Enix very swiftly just to get anothere blockbuster on PS4. 

JRPGfan said:

A dream I hope never comes to be.

DQ is supposed to be party based & turn based.

Plenty of other single player controlled action rpgs out there.

I had a feeling you'd notice and ready the hammer =P.

Nah, there is only one ARPG for me next year and that's it.

There are plenty of turn based games next year though. I'll be waiting for that year when I managed to snag more ARPG's than just 1-2 within a year.

Honestly though, your dream stamps out mine and mine yours, you know RPG's can have both.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
vivster said:

If you want something that shits all over its legacy with mindless action, I heard FFXV is pretty good.

Yeah, too bad that won't be happening till 2018 for me lol.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Looks great, need to see the gameplay and battle D:

Nice to see it on the 3DS as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I'm pretty out of the loop with DQ. What's the difference between the PS4 and 3DS version? The impression i got from what they showed is that they're effectively 2 separate projects, but with a shared story, world, etc.

xl-klaudkil said:
Insidb said:
It looks good, but, for me and many others, DQ is just too different than FF to lump them together. FF is a bigger franchise, so "FF killer" is a bit hyperbolic; expect the DS version to do damage.

On the JRPG note, Ni No Kuni 2 is taking too long to come out for me.

yea,better rush a unfinished crap of  a game instead of waiting and make it awesome.. good logic

I'm impatient, and your comment is stupid.

Insidb said:
xl-klaudkil said:

yea,better rush a unfinished crap of  a game instead of waiting and make it awesome.. good logic

I'm impatient, and your comment is stupid.

Ow? 

Soo its " stupid" to wait so the devs can make the game complete and awesome  day 1?

Instead of something unfinished  like ff15?

Oke,that's  new.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil