By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump plainly admits to lying about his central campaign promises.

BMaker11 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Hee hee hee, so much passion and anger towards republicans you have. But your response is irrelevant... because I never said I was happy with how republicans handled immigration. Frankly, even if Obama is the toughest on immigration ever its still not good enough. Again, I want a president to go after sanctuary cites, harsh penalties for people that return, and a wall. Also, if some sort of amnesty occurs then its time to punish those employing illegals.

Here's a thought, you believe Obama is the biggest, baddest dude to ever deal with illegals in the US. While he has apparently thrown out more than any other president, why has the illegal population remained relatively stagnant? My theory, many came in because Obama is president and they hoped/believed he would be very lax about illegal immigration. So Obama was harsh on criminal illegals, he threw them out primarily, but the total illegal population hasn't changed much based on estimates. Illegals fear republicans so maybe less came while Bush was in office, but it seems many illegals came when Obama was elected because amnesty was a goal so he had to work harder to keep the illegal population at par with Bush. Its funny how much illegals fear Trump, he might push amnesty after dealing with criminal illegals.

Actually, immigration is at a net negative. More people are leaving than coming in.

Again, you've been duped by the fictituous narrative. 

Again, you miss the point.

In spite of Obama boasting how many illegals he has thrown out, the total illegal immigrant population hasnt changed much from the later Bush years. Its likely because many came in due to Obama being president so he had to throw out a record number to keep the population from growing.

I know Mexican people that wanted Hillary primarily for amnesty purposes. Illegals want democrats in office because they fear republicans will throw them out. Its possible Trump simply being in office could deter people from coming.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
BMaker11 said:

Actually, immigration is at a net negative. More people are leaving than coming in.

Again, you've been duped by the fictituous narrative. 

Again, you miss the point.

In spite of Obama boasting how many illegals he has thrown out, the total illegal immigrant population hasnt changed much from the later Bush years. Its likely because many came in due to Obama being president so he had to throw out a record number to keep the population from growing.

I know Mexican people that wanted Hillary primarily for amnesty purposes. Illegals want democrats in office because they fear republicans will throw them out. Its possible Trump simply being in office could deter people from coming.

The logic of "they want Democrats because they fear Republicans" literally doesn't hold up, because Obama has thrown out the most illegals in US history. The idea that "they want Democrats specifically for amnesty" means that.....they're dumb??? Obama is throwing out illegals left and right, but illegals come here because Obama is president? The only exlanation is that they're dumb, or at least misinformed, in that case. Or your argument makes zero sense. Pick one. 

In reality, the biggest pusher for amnesty was Reagan aka the Republican Messiah. Facts are against you on this argument. 

Not to mention, illegals, specifically, are actually down 1.1 million from their peak in the latter Bush years, and the trend is continuing to decline. 

Pemalite said
Mr Puggsly said:

You should look through the thread a little. There are some people who flatout think republicans are evil and democrats do everything right. Historically that isn't true and the dems of today are a scary group that have become too extreme.

This video gives you an idea of how bias the media is here...

You have to admit. They really did make a production out of your election and milked it for everything it was worth. Haha.

I don't think their goal was to just milk the election. This is just our media doing what it does because its predominately left wing. Trump just brought the worst out of them and its great, because it showed they're garbage.

In my opinion, our media treats right wing politics as wrong and hateful. So many young people with very little understanding of politics get brainwashed into being liberals. Too many young people republican is a bad word. But again, that's just my view.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

BMaker11 said:

The logic of "they want Democrats because they fear Republicans" literally doesn't hold up, because Obama has thrown out the most illegals in US history. The idea that "they want Democrats specifically for amnesty" means that.....they're dumb??? Obama is throwing out illegals left and right, but illegals come here because Obama is president? The only exlanation is that they're dumb, or at least misinformed, in that case. Or your argument makes zero sense. Pick one. 

In reality, the biggest pusher for amnesty was Reagan aka the Republican Messiah. Facts are against you on this argument. 

Not to mention, illegals, specifically, are actually down 1.1 million from their peak in the latter Bush years, and the trend is continuing to decline. 

Here's the reality, illegals fear Trump and wanted HIllary. If you wanna argue their logic is wrong and they should fear Hillary, fine. But the fact is illegals wanted Hillary in office.

I'm not sure what your point about Reagan is. Yeah... he pushed amnesty and millions of illegals benefitted from it. Arguably a mistake given it encouraged more to come and the country hasn't enforced immigration laws properly.

From my understanding immigration spiked to 12 million in 2007. Not sure what caused that spike. But prior to that it was averaging 11 million. So Obama broke records of throwing out illegals... to simply get us back to 11 million. Okay, its an accomplishment but it seems like many illegals came hoping Obama would give them amnesty.

So let me put it this way. When you here Obama threw out a record number of illegals, it sounds incredible. But when you see it just went from 11 million, to 12 million, and back to about 11 million, its not that incredible.

Recently Completed

outlawauron said:
Pemalite said:

I haven't seen any left-leaning people do that in this thread.
And often I don't see it in the media or other "discussions" (My evidence is Ancedotal.). - Have to admit though I am not in the USA, so things could be different over there.

Did you not read the first page of the thread? 

The superiority complex (in all ways) is pretty incredible to see and so easy to observe. I know you're not from the US, but there is a very common attitude that left leaning people hold that they're better than those they disagree with. To the point of enclosing themselves only around those they agree with.

Interesting...I didnt know the left came up with the word "Libtard". Please..enlighten me on the left's running name for right wing. Wait...i'll help you....alt right..wait..no those are nazi's and they named themselves the "alt-right".  Yeah, I'm at a loss. Since you've obseved then im sure you can help me out. :)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Here's the reality, illegals fear Trump and wanted HIllary. If you wanna argue their logic is wrong and they should fear Hillary, fine. But the fact is illegals wanted Hillary in office.

I'm not sure what your point about Reagan is. Yeah... he pushed amnesty and millions of illegals benefitted from it. Arguably a mistake given it encouraged more to come and the country hasn't enforced immigration laws properly.

From my understanding immigration spiked to 12 million in 2007. Not sure what caused that spike. But prior to that it was averaging 11 million. So Obama broke records of throwing out illegals... to simply get us back to 11 million. Okay, its an accomplishment but it seems like many illegals came hoping Obama would give them amnesty.

So let me put it this way. When you here Obama threw out a record number of illegals, it sounds incredible. But when you see it just went from 11 million, to 12 million, and back to about 11 million, its not that incredible.

I would like some proof that illegals "fear" Trump. As much as people during to campaign liked to say "Trump has hired thousands to work at his properties", who do you think it was, mostly, that he hired??? Sure, you've got little kids caught up in the political rhetoric thinking Trump is going to "take their mommy and daddy away" but to the adults? As much as the Republican rhetoric contradicts it, they love illegals! It's how they take advantage of tax loopholes and keep wages low so they maximize profits. 

My point about Reagan was just a foundation of your idea of "illegals fear Republicans" being false. Reagan is supposedly the "father of modern day conservatism" and what did he do? Give millions of illegals amnesty. Forget the rhetoric and hypotheticals of "who would do what"......Reagan's amnesty is on the record. That is something that is tangible, not Trump stirring the pot with his words (which he has done a 180 on most of his promises anyway).

And lastly, all you're doing now is refusing to give credit where credit is due. Illegal immigration was rampant for years, thanks to Reagan's amnesty policy and HWs extension. And Bush II's guest worker program helped contribute as well. It wasn't until Obama that a downward trend started. Considering that Republican policies did nothing but increase illegal immigration more and more, the fact that the Obama administration was able to take a decades long trend and start flipping it is pretty damn incredible. But, as you've said in prior comments, no matter what positive thing he does, it's not "good enough" for you. You only care that it's "only back to 11 million", so it's no big deal. You ignore that an overall downward trend has taken place. In fact, if the trend continues, well....Obama is out of office, so it'll be under Trump's administration. So you'll give Trump all the credit for Obama policies that reduced illegal immigration, won't you? 

Mr Puggsly said:
BMaker11 said:

Dude. It doesn't matter what illegals want. They don't have voting rights. They are not citizens. You can talk about who they want all you want but in the end, you're talking about something that they have no power over whatsoever.  You're making an argument over nothing. 

Obama has done far more to combat illegal immigration than any other president yet here you are saying he didn't do enough. Are you hoping for the Trump deportation force to drag out 11 million people? Because I don't see that happening. Mayors of major cities already said that they won't be working with this deportation force. And supposedly he is after the criminal illegals. I doubt that there is a significant number of criminal illegals. Do you really think that he will do more than Obama did? I doubt it. He flip flopped on everything else. 

BMaker11 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I would like some proof that illegals "fear" Trump. As much as people during to campaign liked to say "Trump has hired thousands to work at his properties", who do you think it was, mostly, that he hired??? Sure, you've got little kids caught up in the political rhetoric thinking Trump is going to "take their mommy and daddy away" but to the adults? As much as the Republican rhetoric contradicts it, they love illegals! It's how they take advantage of tax loopholes and keep wages low so they maximize profits. 

My point about Reagan was just a foundation of your idea of "illegals fear Republicans" being false. Reagan is supposedly the "father of modern day conservatism" and what did he do? Give millions of illegals amnesty. Forget the rhetoric and hypotheticals of "who would do what"......Reagan's amnesty is on the record. That is something that is tangible, not Trump stirring the pot with his words (which he has done a 180 on most of his promises anyway).

And lastly, all you're doing now is refusing to give credit where credit is due. Illegal immigration was rampant for years, thanks to Reagan's amnesty policy and HWs extension. And Bush II's guest worker program helped contribute as well. It wasn't until Obama that a downward trend started. Considering that Republican policies did nothing but increase illegal immigration more and more, the fact that the Obama administration was able to take a decades long trend and start flipping it is pretty damn incredible. But, as you've said in prior comments, no matter what positive thing he does, it's not "good enough" for you. You only care that it's "back to 11 million", so it's no big deal. You ignore that a downward trend has taken place. In fact, if the trend continues, well....Obama is out of office, so it'll be under Trump's administration. So you'll give Trump all the credit for Obama policies that reduced illegal immigration, won't you? 

Heh, so you think illegals fearing republicans is just media spin? Okay, think what you want.

A lot of Mexican people love Reagan solely for amnesty, but its not a reflection of how illegals feel about the republican party. Now if Trump pulled amnesty after accomplishing some goals like putting up a wall and going after sanctuary cities, that could change how hispanic communities feel about him.

I gave Obama credit, I said it was an accomplishment. But what Obama did is merely a step in the right direction, he hasn't made the efforts I want and MAYBE Trump will execute on that. Atleast he says he will.

For me to be happy and give credit to Trump, he needs to be much better than Obama at creating jobs and reducing the illegal immigration problem. If he fails at that, then he may be just another mediocre president. You left wingers have already reached a verdict on Trump, but I'm curious to see what he does.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:

Heh, so you think illegals fearing republicans is just media spin? Okay, think what you want.

A lot of Mexican people love Reagan solely for amnesty, but its not a reflection of how illegals feel about the republican party. Now if Trump pulled amnesty after accomplishing some goals like putting up a wall and going after sanctuary cities, that could change how hispanic communities feel about him.

I gave Obama credit, I said it was an accomplishment. But what Obama did is merely a step in the right direction, he hasn't made the efforts I want and MAYBE Trump will execute on that. Atleast he says he will.

For me to be happy and give credit to Trump, he needs to be much better than Obama at creating jobs and reducing the illegal immigration problem. If he fails at that, then he may be just another mediocre president. You left wingers have already reached a verdict on Trump, but I'm curious to see what he does.

No, I don't think it's media spin. I think you're literally making it up. The evidence, in terms of actual policies and their effects, instead of rhetoric, shows that Republicans and illegals aren't at odds. Show me some evidence that shows that illegals "fear" Republicans (even though, as bunchanumbers pointed out, it doesn't matter what they "fear" or "want", as they have no voting power). All you've done is make assertions based on that very rhetoric (you continuously prove my point about the false narrative of Republicans that their constituency has been duped into believing), whereas I've given you proof of Republican coddling of illegals. 

And, 15 million jobs have been created under Obama

So, you have a president who has been the toughest on immigration in US history by deporting the most illegals ever and going a "step in the right direction" by taking a decades long trend and flipping it, and this same president presided over the creation of many millions of jobs.....and that's "mediocre" to you. Why are all these great things "not good enough" to you? It's like when Fox News saw a report that jobs were supposed to increase by 180,000 and the anchors said "no way! That's too much! Not in this Obama economy that's destroying jobs!", then the month passed and jobs actually increased by 271,000. Then they made light of the prediction of 180,000 new jobs and said jobs "only" grew by 271,000.

All you keep doing is raising the bar so that no matter what Obama has done, he's still "disappointing". I predict that bar will coincidentally be lowered when Trump takes office, like it was when he "saved 1000 jobs" via actually only "saving" 730 and giving the company $7 million.

BMaker11 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, I don't think it's media spin. I think you're literally making it up.

And, 15 million jobs have been created under Obama

So, you have a president who has been the toughest on immigration in US history by deporting the most illegals ever and going a "step in the right direction" by taking a decades long trend and flipping it, and this same president presided over the creation of many millions of jobs.....and that's "mediocre" to you. Why are all these great things "not good enough" to you? It's like when Fox News saw a report that jobs were supposed to increase by 180,000 and the anchors said "no way! That's too much! Not in this Obama economy that's destroying jobs!", then the month passed and jobs actually increased by 271,000. Then they made light of the prediction of 180,000 new jobs and said jobs "only" grew by 271,000.

All you keep doing is raising the bar so that no matter what Obama has done, he's still "disappointing". I predict that bar will coincidentally be lowered when Trump takes office, like it was when he "saved 1000 jobs" via actually only "saving" 730 and giving the company $7 million.

So I'm making this up? https://www.bing.com/search?q=illegals+fear+trump&pc=MOZI&form=MOZLBR

I think the issue is you're upset I'm not giving Obama enough credit. Hey, get over it buddy.

There you go again, comparing Obama's eight years to Trump's zero years in office. I'm not even convinced Trump will be a great president, but its evident much of the country wasn't impressed with Obama. So sowwy.

Again, I hope Trump does considerably better than Obama or I will admit he was mediocre. But I will always love him for keeping HIllary out of the white house.

Recently Completed