By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump plainly admits to lying about his central campaign promises.

UnderstatedCornHole said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Any man who brags about decieving you is just as bad as the politicans he was voted in to be different than. His ego is polarizing to all other presidential figures who have ever existed.

I'm sure that washes in ancient proverb circles but it's just a general statement and is not in the slightest bit empyrical.

Im sure it wasnt "understated" that he was the outsider who was coming in to "drain the swamp". LOL...something else that he took back.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I know on paper the new swamp looks scary, but we'll see. Just deal with it and maybe we'll have a new swamp in four years.

Now the bolded sentence. You don't think right wingers deal with that? Espeically in a country where much of the media looks down on us.

I haven't seen any left-leaning people do that in this thread.
And often I don't see it in the media or other "discussions" (My evidence is Ancedotal.). - Have to admit though I am not in the USA, so things could be different over there.

You should look through the thread a little. There are some people who flatout think republicans are evil and democrats do everything right. Historically that isn't true and the dems of today are a scary group that have become too extreme.

This video gives you an idea of how bias the media is here...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm sure that washes in ancient proverb circles but it's just a general statement and is not in the slightest bit empyrical.

Im sure it wasnt "understated" that he was the outsider who was coming in to "drain the swamp". LOL...something else that he took back.

Oh I see, I ask a question and you respond with a random statement not pertaining to your original post that I asked a question about.

Why quote me?

Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

And often I don't see it in the media or other "discussions" (My evidence is Ancedotal.). - Have to admit though I am not in the USA, so things could be different over there.

You should look through the thread a little. There are some people who flatout think republicans are evil and democrats do everything right. Historically that isn't true and the dems of today are a scary group that have become too extreme.

I thought Rachel Maddow's tampon had been replaced with a cactus when she realized the truth.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Oh I see, I ask a question and you respond with a random statement not pertaining to your original post that I asked a question about.

Why quote me?

I was referring to that which you underlined in my statement. It was the statement of many republicans who bought the nonsense that because he was a political outsider and spoke his mind that he would be different. Little did they know that they had invited a narcisssist who would brag about his deception to their face because his ego blinds him from seeing the depth of the situation. 

I quoted your name because his I felt it interesting that his stance was never understated by his followers. Knowing of braggarts like himself, their ego always shows their face.  I mean people shoulve realized it once he said he could shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose votes.

Around the Network

PC culture

Going to break it down bit by bit.

But PC as in "Political Correctness" is a garbage term anyway. - More often than not I see people use that term to avoid an intellectual debate where they have no moral, social, intellectual, scientific ground to stand on and thus try to undermine the other person using a Pejorative.

In otherwords, they are cracking a tantrum.

Disband the racist BLM movement.

Never going to happen.
The only time that groups like "Black Lives Matter" will dissapear is when everyone is treated as equals not only in the eyes of the law, but in social standing as well.
The USA hasn't achieved that, yet.

And nor should they dissapear, to not stand up for yourself is to let other people walk all over you, don't attack them, talk to them, compromise with them, see their point of view.

Make media outlets responsible for their "coverage".

Free media is supposed to be one of the great pillars of any free democracy.

What you need is more competition between media outlets, to do that, you need more regulation of the sector and limits imposed.
Perhaps limit a media company to only having 1 or 2 media outlets?
For inntance, does Comcast *really* need to control Television and Radio with a massive Internet Presence?

Does News Corp need to be in Newspapers, Magazines, Billboards, Radio, Television and Internet?

Right now, 6 companies control almost 90% of all media in the USA, you need more competition to keep everyone in check.

And then you have outlets like Infowars which peddles fictitious information and conspiracy theories, which should be ridiculed.

Unmask scumbags who exploit their sexuality to make money/career.

You will need to be more specific on this, if you are suggesting that people shouldn't be able to use a defining characteristic of themselves in order to get a leg-up over other people, then you are highly incorrect.
Some career positions prefer certain "characteristics" over others, for instance some movie roles are very specific on Gender/Race/Sexuality for a specific character and story arc.

And that is fine.
Besides, having representation from all walks of life is a good thing. - The world isn't comprised of only Straight caucasion males.

Disrespect for police.

Goes without saying.
Even if the police are corrupt, untorwards etc'. They should still be treated with respect and the proper channels utilised to bring justice, being rude, nasty, disrespectful solves nothing... And it sets an example for other people to think they are entitled to do the same.

Mr Puggsly said:

You have to admit. They really did make a production out of your election and milked it for everything it was worth. Haha.

As for this thread, people have been fairly tame. But I still haven't seen anyone be generally derogatory towards the right-wing political spectrum, just trump and his staff in general.

People need to settle down and not attack the Right or the Left. And see it as points of view, compromise, talk about it, the best politics is actually in the center.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

naruball said:
snyps said:

Some people can go through their whole lives, choosing to never wake up.  People are so innocent when they're dreaming. I don't mean to disturb. 

Interesting. So people who disagree with you are not only wrong but they need to wake up. I'd say we need more people like you, but thankfully that's how the average person thinks.

"The others are stupid. How can they be so stupid? Why can't the use common sense? I'm better than them."

Just like the average person thinks they're smarter than the average person.

It's obvious, to a few, that all politicians lie. I'm not calling anyone stupid, I'm not asking you to wake up. Just pointing out that politicians lie from beginning to end. The fact that people put faith in their words proves they are good at it.

Hey, we all make mistakes. 

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I know on paper the new swamp looks scary, but we'll see. Just deal with it and maybe we'll have a new swamp in four years.

Now the bolded sentence. You don't think right wingers deal with that? Espeically in a country where much of the media looks down on us.

Did you not read the first page of the thread? 

The superiority complex (in all ways) is pretty incredible to see and so easy to observe. I know you're not from the US, but there is a very common attitude that left leaning people hold that they're better than those they disagree with. To the point of enclosing themselves only around those they agree with.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mr Puggsly said:
BMaker11 said:

So, Obama is the toughest president in US history on immigration, but he's somehow "not tough enough" on immigration? This is another example of the ficticious narrative that Republicans have built that their constituency have been duped into believing, even with the facts right in their face.

Hee hee hee, so much passion and anger towards republicans you have. But your response is irrelevant... because I never said I was happy with how republicans handled immigration. Frankly, even if Obama is the toughest on immigration ever its still not good enough. Again, I want a president to go after sanctuary cites, harsh penalties for people that return, and a wall. Also, if some sort of amnesty occurs then its time to punish those employing illegals.

Here's a thought, you believe Obama is the biggest, baddest dude to ever deal with illegals in the US. While he has apparently thrown out more than any other president, why has the illegal population remained relatively stagnant? My theory, many came in because Obama is president and they hoped/believed he would be very lax about illegal immigration. So Obama was harsh on criminal illegals, he threw them out primarily, but the total illegal population hasn't changed much based on estimates. Illegals fear republicans so maybe less came while Bush was in office, but it seems many illegals came when Obama was elected because amnesty was a goal so he had to work harder to keep the illegal population at par with Bush. Its funny how much illegals fear Trump, he might push amnesty after dealing with criminal illegals.

Actually, immigration is at a net negative. More people are leaving than coming in.

Again, you've been duped by the fictituous narrative. 

BMaker11 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Hee hee hee, so much passion and anger towards republicans you have. But your response is irrelevant... because I never said I was happy with how republicans handled immigration. Frankly, even if Obama is the toughest on immigration ever its still not good enough. Again, I want a president to go after sanctuary cites, harsh penalties for people that return, and a wall. Also, if some sort of amnesty occurs then its time to punish those employing illegals.

Here's a thought, you believe Obama is the biggest, baddest dude to ever deal with illegals in the US. While he has apparently thrown out more than any other president, why has the illegal population remained relatively stagnant? My theory, many came in because Obama is president and they hoped/believed he would be very lax about illegal immigration. So Obama was harsh on criminal illegals, he threw them out primarily, but the total illegal population hasn't changed much based on estimates. Illegals fear republicans so maybe less came while Bush was in office, but it seems many illegals came when Obama was elected because amnesty was a goal so he had to work harder to keep the illegal population at par with Bush. Its funny how much illegals fear Trump, he might push amnesty after dealing with criminal illegals.

Actually, immigration is at a net negative. More people are leaving than coming in.

Again, you've been duped by the fictituous narrative. 

But the overall concern that people have with immigration is never the ones that do it properly, but those who are undocumented and come here illegally. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.