By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Tagged games:

Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Cool idea. 79 56.43%

Bad idea. 61 43.57%

Total:140

I think you can unplug the Switch from your TV and carry the smaller unit. Then, you can pull two smaller Switches from the Switch and put one on each eye.

You read it here, first.

Around the Network

absolutely not.

1. Too Heavy?
2. 720p

I've used my phone as a VR device, even a 1080p device used like this isn't a very good experience.

I didn't read the whole thread, but : a patent doesn't mean something works, and even less that it's going to become real. Companies file hundreds/thousands of patents every year and a lot of those patents are never used.

New level of Jack of all trades, master of none

Not really that into VR but if the headsets enable me to experience games like the new Zelda in a virtual big screen with no ambient light and great sound in my ears, I'm all for it :).

Around the Network

VR is bombing, no one cares anymore

Do people honestly think the switch has enough power to run VR?, either it has the power and the resolutions terrible (useless) or it has the resolution and not enough power (useless).

gatito said:

And yet PSVR is sold out everywhere...

NATO said:
Do people honestly think the switch has enough power to run VR?, either it has the power and the resolutions terrible (useless) or it has the resolution and not enough power (useless).

The Switch will have plenty of power to run mobile VR games. I have the Gear VR and tbere are some really nice games on the platform. There is one game, a VR cart racer that has online play and is quite fun. Power sliding around a corner gives you that roller coaster stomach feel. The graphics are cartoony but nice. The Switch VR could easily do some Mario Kart VR with no problems.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

SonytendoAmiibo said:
NATO said:

The Switch will have plenty of power to run mobile VR games. I have the Gear VR and tbere are some really nice games on the platform. There is one game, a VR cart racer that has online play and is quite fun. Power sliding around a corner gives you that roller coaster stomach feel. The graphics are cartoony but nice. The Switch VR could easily do some Mario Kart VR with no problems.

Your expectations for the switch's game visual quality can't be that high if you are comparing it to mobile vr titles..

NATO said:

gatito said:

And yet PSVR is sold out everywhere...

As a huge fan of VR, I suppose I wish that we the case but I went Christmas shopping yesterday and I saw at least one everywhere I went.