Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Tagged games:

Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Cool idea. 79 56.43%

Bad idea. 61 43.57%

Total:140

Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

This is just one of the reveals of the patent leaks this video mentions, but it is my favorite: you can put the Switch screen into a special VR headset.

I loved the idea and this may be the game changer for Nintendo!

also confirmed by YonYeah

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

So kids won't be able to use it? Because I don't see children being able to have such a huge VR headset fitting them anytime soon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
So kids won't be able to use it? Because I don't see children being able to have such a huge VR headset fitting them anytime soon

We do not care about kids =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Screen res is not high enough for this to make sense surely?

twintail said:

1080p in some leaks. But, think about it, it is a amazing extra feature for the Switch: a option to do VR, I mean, no extra crap needed, just the headset helmet, which is probably cheap.

so, the thing is a console, a handheld and a VR unit... Sounds like a decent deal =)

Around the Network

I don't think it'll be a huge thing Nintendo focuses on or even makes available on Switch. PSVR sales have plummeted and that was VR's last hope for the current generation. VR isn't ready for gaming yet.

Switch to be the next Messias confirmed!

The Switch is going to be a great machine, but that is out of the question.It cant perform miracles people.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Even with the current galaxy phones with a 2k display still cant make VR look good, how would a 720p screen fare?

Please make it optional. I'm not interested in VR.

WagnerPaiva said:
twintail said:

1080p in some leaks. But, think about it, it is a amazing extra feature for the Switch: a option to do VR, I mean, no extra crap needed, just the headset helmet, which is probably cheap.

so, the thing is a console, a handheld and a VR unit... Sounds like a decent deal =)

There is no doubt that acting as a VR headset is definitely good, but I houghly doubt the screen is 1080p, and if it isn't, its not going to be a good VR experience.