By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Tagged games:

Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Cool idea. 79 56.43%

Bad idea. 61 43.57%

Total:140
WagnerPaiva said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

A bad one. :L

Not that it had much of chance of being funny with how overused it is. All it really is be just a mild annoyance, going into a thread to vote in the poll, only to find out that you can't.

Yes. Sorry.

fixed just for you.

Thanks love. ;D

Around the Network

It's a fail safe a maybe and nothing more. Iwata said as such before his passing.

Ew, gross. I'm not interested in VR, it's just an useless experience to me. But this is supposedly 100% optional, so if that's the case I'm fine with it.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

Ew, gross. I'm not interested in VR, it's just an useless experience to me. But this is supposedly 100% optional, so if that's the case I'm fine with it.

Sounds optional for me too, but I would buy the head thing to try, if it is cheap...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
LipeJJ said:

Sounds optional for me too, but I would buy the head thing to try, if it is cheap...

Yeah, it sounds good for people that want to try new things out. But personally I'd rather wait 5~10 years until the tech is actually good enough to take advantage of it. I think consoles are still too weak to handle VR properly and 99% of big devs aren't developing big titles from scratch for it. Kinect made me learn not to jump on new tech/fever until it's actually well made/used.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

If this iteration of the Switch supports VR, then there's no way the display is under 1080p, even if most games run at 720p. My guess is that any VR functionality they have planned is for a later edition.

WagnerPaiva said:
SvennoJ said:
Don't you need more than strapping a screen in front of your face for VR games? How does Gear VR accomplish 6 axis head tracking? What is going to track the controllers? Is there any mention of inside out tracking in the patents? A lot depends on the screen too. Is it low persistence and capable of 90fps to be useful for VR games? Isn't the screen a bit large, forcing the optics to be large too? Nvm the whole device looks pretty large and heavy. It looks a bit bigger than iPhone 6 plus.

Whatever they do with it, it It can't be worse than virtual boy at least.

Yes, the video talks about it.

It doesn't really, just like Samsung Gear VR and it has a gyroscope, that's all I got from the video. And a bit of dreaming to play breath of the wild in VR. Perhaps we'll know some more in a month.

Switch does everything xD its like Nintendo couldn't make up their minds and thought "fuck it, if it does everything then everyone will be happy and no one will complain" 😂 😂

I think it should have vr, Nintendo need to stop playing catch up and since everyone else is already knee deep in vr than Nintendo need to join the buzz.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

In a word,
NO
the screen is too low of a resolution, so it will look terrible and the machine is way underpowered, we're talking about a machine with a fraction of the power of the PS4