By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Tagged games:

Nintendo Switch to have VR: the gamepad is also a VR screen.

Cool idea. 79 56.43%

Bad idea. 61 43.57%

Total:140

Eeeeh, I'm not really crazy about VR also being for the switch. I'd rather they just focus on it being good and on the games...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Nintendo could release a powerfult Switch Screen which can make the VR experience work or better. And it can make normal games better as well!

a capable 1080p RGB OLED is much more expensive then just a standard 720p LCD, so including such a screen for great VR also means pretty much killing the Switch in the mass market (unless people somehow start buying premium handheld consoles now like they buy premium smartphones)

VR = 3D + Gyro

I think Nintendo are going to use parallalax barrier lens (3DS) to do their own version of VR.

The new 3DSXL has head/eye tracking to improve the 'sweet spot'. The sweetspot combined with a gyro for changing the camera is what VR is.

You can use one display and it doesn't have to be split in half. The headset will probably need it's own screen but the VR should be able to be turned down/off if you feel sick.

It will probably feel like playing down a spyglass/telescope which will be perfect for Steel Diver 2.

Metroid - Visor
Mario Kart - Crash helmet

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

like VR Gear where you put smart phones or small tablet device on the head set. I bet the switch have acceleromater or other motion tracking .

Nautilus said:
Switch to be the next Messias confirmed!

The Switch is going to be a great machine, but that is out of the question.It cant perform miracles people.

member when 3DS did glasses-less 3D?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Don't you need more than strapping a screen in front of your face for VR games? How does Gear VR accomplish 6 axis head tracking? What is going to track the controllers? Is there any mention of inside out tracking in the patents? A lot depends on the screen too. Is it low persistence and capable of 90fps to be useful for VR games? Isn't the screen a bit large, forcing the optics to be large too? Nvm the whole device looks pretty large and heavy. It looks a bit bigger than iPhone 6 plus.

Whatever they do with it, it It can't be worse than virtual boy at least.

VR isn't a factor now, and won't be in March. Besides; it requires some serious oomph from the hardware, not even the PS4 and Xbox One run VR very well.

Pyro as Bill said:
VR = 3D + Gyro

I think Nintendo are going to use parallalax barrier lens (3DS) to do their own version of VR.

The new 3DSXL has head/eye tracking to improve the 'sweet spot'. The sweetspot combined with a gyro for changing the camera is what VR is.

You can use one display and it doesn't have to be split in half. The headset will probably need it's own screen but the VR should be able to be turned down/off if you feel sick.

It will probably feel like playing down a spyglass/telescope which will be perfect for Steel Diver 2.

Metroid - Visor
Mario Kart - Crash helmet

You´re awesome.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

SvennoJ said:
Don't you need more than strapping a screen in front of your face for VR games? How does Gear VR accomplish 6 axis head tracking? What is going to track the controllers? Is there any mention of inside out tracking in the patents? A lot depends on the screen too. Is it low persistence and capable of 90fps to be useful for VR games? Isn't the screen a bit large, forcing the optics to be large too? Nvm the whole device looks pretty large and heavy. It looks a bit bigger than iPhone 6 plus.

Whatever they do with it, it It can't be worse than virtual boy at least.

Yes, the video talks about it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I'm just wondering what purpose there is in a poll with basically one option.